• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First 33 Minutes of Dead Rising 4

Mupod

Or sound like him. Or in the same profession as him. & is somehow younger despite being in the year 2021.

If there's one tiny thing that interests me about this game it's that I'm reminded of a certain plot point in Off the Record in this aspect. I wonder.

Is it just me or does this game look really slow and clunky? The animations just seem so sluggish, and it seems to really mess with the flow of gameplay. DR1 in comparison looks quick and smooth. Also, tonally and aesthetically this game looks like a fucking mess.

Ploid 3.0

I had to google this game, I forgot all about it. Good to see it being multiplatform this time. People are saying Saints Row, and I can get behind that. I'll look it up on youtube later.

So, they're adding ghosts to this? I understand this being a zombie game with comedic tones, but sometimes, the developers are getting away with too many liberties.

I really want Capcpm Vancouver to make another game; I don't want to know them as the Dead Rising developers.

The first 5 minutes sounds like they forgot to record the sound and then just adlibbed on top of the video

Whats wrong with Franks model

Whats up with the loading times

What

So, they're adding ghosts to this? I understand this being a zombie game with comedic tones, but sometimes, the developers are getting away with too many liberties.

I really want Capcpm Vancouver to make another game; I don't want to know them as the Dead Rising developers.
It's a
dream sequence.
I had to google this game, I forgot all about it. Good to see it being multiplatform this time. People are saying Saints Row, and I can get behind that. I'll look it up on youtube later.
I think it's exclusive to Xbox for about a year.
Is it just me or does this game look really slow and clunky? The animations just seem so sluggish, and it seems to really mess with the flow of gameplay. DR1 in comparison looks quick and smooth. Also, tonally and aesthetically this game looks like a fucking mess.
This looks like a more story-character driven game compared to the others. I wouldn't say the tone and aesthetics are a mess. It feels weird. Like the devs are fully aware that the world and Frank are way different from past games but they're playing it with a straight face that it's all the same and in continuity.

Fuck the Fans: The Game

Getting rid of everything that made DR a beautifully well realized time management simulator and just making a shitty Dynasty Warriors game is a real downer, but not terribly surprising after DR3.

Expect people to come in to this topic going "Well, I never liked the timer, or the survivors, or managing health, so fuck all those things! I'm happy an entire franchise lost it's identity in order to appeal to me and my low standards!"

Getting rid of everything that made DR a beautifully well realized time management simulator and just making a shitty Dynasty Warriors game is a real downer, but not terribly surprising after DR3.

Expect people to come in to this topic going "Well, I never liked the timer, or the survivors, or managing health, so fuck all those things! I'm happy an entire franchise lost it's identity in order to appeal to me and my low standards!"

My sentiments exactly.

If they're going with a zombie mosou they should have added some physics or something to make killing zombies satisfying, they just poof as it is.

jediyoshi

How did the decision process come along that they couldn't let go of the name Frank West but didn't care to keep any actual defining trait about him for this iteration

ironmang

I haven't really been following the game...

zombies don't seem very threatening anymore?

I don't recall them being threatening in 1 or 2 (didn't play 3). Makes the games better I think. Makes them all target practice for the cool weapons and pranks you can pull lol.

Betty

Banned
Looks remarkably bad all over, I thought it was going to be fun all I see is tedium.

Remember how great the opening to the first Dead Rising was? Taking pictures of the mayhem below and trying to keep up with all the carnage, then the mall get's overrun, so good.

dlauv

About the only thing they kept was his moral reluctance.

On a positive note, I like how the cutscenes are written and voiced mostly.

jelly

Think I would get bored of this really fast.

What's with blood covered Frank turning into perfect clean Frank.

Was this intended to... excite people about this game?

Just waiting on the DLC to make the model look like Frank West...and sound like Frank West...and have Frank West's personality...

Looks remarkably bad all over, I thought it was going to be fun all I see is tedium.

Remember how great the opening to the first Dead Rising was? Taking pictures of the mayhem below and trying to keep up with all the carnage, then the mall get's overrun, so good.

I thought Dead Rising 3 had the best opening of the series.

The series has clearly diverged from what a segment of the original's fans preferred and because of that I feel like some people will not be happy with any aspect of the new games at this point. I loved every game but I think it's evolved well -- replaying DR1 and DR2 with the remasters this year only reinforced that.

Day 1 for this.

Frank West In Name Only returns in Nu-Dead Rising:
8AxD2Lu.jpg

JaggedSac

Sorry, tis me. Also, I like Dynasty Warriors games :(

Apdiddy

I went from being excited by this game to being completely turned off by the first 33 minutes. There's nothing about it that seems interesting -- they added Batman Detective vision and the grimdark/'this is serious' tone in the cutscenes are a little oft-putting. Not to mention none of what was in the original game (or even Dead Rising 2/OTR) is there.

Who knows - maybe if this comes to PS4, I might get it.

roytheone

Dead rising 3 was my favorite in the series, so I am really looking forward to this one! I can understand if people don't like the direction it takes, but it will not change my enjoyment of the game.

Top Bottom