• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

The break is terrible, but it at least gives me the option to catch-up on my movies, including Rent! Martin singing sounds quite different here, a bit higher. So people, excellent way to pass the time.

The break is terrible, but it at least gives me the option to catch-up on my movies, including Rent! Martin singing sounds quite different here, a bit higher. So people, excellent way to pass the time.
Rent is only good if you haven't seen the Broadway version of it. Like, I was so excited to watch it, but the movie flat out cuts out parts of songs, and I'm like wtf. I also don't really dig the movie's arrangements.

Broadway > Touring Cast >>>>>>> Movie

Joni

Rent is only good if you haven't seen the Broadway version of it. Like, I was so excited to watch it, but the movie flat out cuts out parts of songs, and I'm like wtf. I also don't really dig the movie's arrangements.

Broadway > Touring Cast >>>>>>> Movie
It has been off Broadway for almost 10 years. And Martin/Menzel and the likes only did it for a year, so the movie has to do. With almost the entire original cast, it is kinda mandatory to see this one. They should do that more often, I would love for instance a Wicked movie with Menzel and Chenoweth, or a Spring Awakening one with Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele.

MartyStu

Because she somehow got rebooted without a reboot.
And for some reason have up her armor for a Wal-Mart outfit.
Book would actually be great if it wasn't Barbara

Book is still great even knowing it is Barbara.

That said, I am still enraged every time I finish an issue.

I really should stop torturing myself :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Good but not as good, like Arrow s1 --> s2 ;). As people have said, Barry sniffed some sharpie and lost some brain cells.

OK, so I want to pick Flash back up in Season 1, but the entire reason we stopped was because we were watching in the Flash -> Arrow -> Flash order for any crossover stuff, but Arrow S3 is just not great at all and we stopped altogether.

What episodes are important to watch like that? The thought of trying to slog through Arrow isn't appealing, so I'd like to know which are linked to Flash.

Joni

OK, so I want to pick Flash back up in Season 1, but the entire reason we stopped was because we were watching in the Flash -> Arrow -> Flash order for any crossover stuff, but Arrow S3 is just not great at all and we stopped altogether.

What episodes are important to watch like that? The thought of trying to slog through Arrow isn't appealing, so I'd like to know which are linked to Flash.

Episode 8 of both seasons. That is the minimum.

You could just drop Arrow and you'd probably be happier for it. Getting mini-summaries from characters that cross-over into Flash is enough to keep you abreast of that shit-show.

Over halfway through the first season, I fucking love this. It's not afraid to be super cheesy, and that's what makes it for me, feels like a legit comic series brought to life. The casting is great, the characters are great, the writing is mostly great, and the overall chemistry is striking.

But does it get better or worse?

dEvAnGeL

Over halfway through the first season, I fucking love this. It's not afraid to be super cheesy, and that's what makes it for me, feels like a legit comic series brought to life. The casting is great, the characters are great, the writing is mostly great, and the overall chemistry is striking.

Season 1 is by far the best IMO, season 2 episodes are lame exept the last 10 minutes of certain episodes, can't beat season 1 surprises and shocker moments

Azzinoth

Neo Member

The last half of the first season I think, mostly gets better. Once the main antagonist becomes the central focus, everything pays off. That guy pretty much makes Flash S1 a standout for a superhero TV show imo.

The second season is a more mixed bag though.

This is why I hate getting too attached to TV shows, but at least it doesn't seem like a disaster. Hopefully it gets better then.

The Season 2 story so far has been bogged down by launching Legends of Tomorrow, wrapping up loose threads from Season 1, and a romance that failed to launch.

If there was more coherence it would still be fantastic, but make no mistake it's still good. Whenever the main villain shows up he commands attention. Whenever Flash uses a new power or remembers to use an old one, it's still fun as hell. There are still great heart-string-tugging moments. The Flash team are still lovable goofballs. The last 4 or 5 episodes have been much better than most of the early season and we've still got 8 left. I'm hoping they add up to an overall good season.

strafer

supergirl.jpg

Blader

Episode 9 and on in S1 is great. S2 is just as good, in some places better. Kinda surprised at the last couple posts, didn't realize this season wasn't being as well received. There's only one thing I don't like about this season, but it may be totally recontextualized given a certain recent cliffhanger.

Joni

Episode 9 and on in S1 is great. S2 is just as good, in some places better. Kinda surprised at the last couple posts, didn't realize this season wasn't being as well received. There's only one thing I don't like about this season, but it may be totally recontextualized given a certain recent cliffhanger.
The cliffhanger is what is turning of some people.

Xemnas89

Description for episode 17 titled
flash back

A MOMENT IN TIME GETS BARRY ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZOOM; ANDY MIENTUS RETURNS AS HARTLEY RATHAWAY – After the shocking revelation that Zoom is Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Barry (Grant Gustin) is more determined than ever to get back to Earth-2 to stop Zoom forever. Desperate to find a way to increase his speed, Barry decides to travel back in time and masquerade as his earlier self in order to get his arch-nemesis, Dr. Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh), to teach him how to run faster. However, things don’t go as planned and Barry is stunned to face familiar foe Hartley Rathaway (guest star Andy Mientus), as well as old friend Eddie Thawne (guest star Rick Cosnett). Iris (Candice Patton) makes peace with her past in order to embrace her future. Alice Troughton directed the episode penned by Aaron Helbing and Todd Helbing (FL217). Original airdate 3/29/16.
http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-official-description-for-flash-back/24082

flash back

A MOMENT IN TIME GETS BARRY ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZOOM; ANDY MIENTUS RETURNS AS HARTLEY RATHAWAY – After the shocking revelation that Zoom is Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Barry (Grant Gustin) is more determined than ever to get back to Earth-2 to stop Zoom forever. Desperate to find a way to increase his speed, Barry decides to travel back in time and masquerade as his earlier self in order to get his arch-nemesis, Dr. Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh), to teach him how to run faster. However, things don’t go as planned and Barry is stunned to face familiar foe Hartley Rathaway (guest star Andy Mientus), as well as old friend Eddie Thawne (guest star Rick Cosnett). Iris (Candice Patton) makes peace with her past in order to embrace her future. Alice Troughton directed the episode penned by Aaron Helbing and Todd Helbing (FL217). Original airdate 3/29/16.

Alice Troughton? She directed Doctor Who: Midnight. Definitely looking forward to this.

What I was surprised about the entire thing in general was just the emotional chemistry between the actors. It started off really cheesy, but in a great way, and now I find myself emotionally invested ten-fold. I think the best episode so far has been when the
tidal wave hit, Cisco was killed by Wells, Barry revealed his identity to Iris, and then... nothing. It was great because you get these what would be huge moments, but then the timeline fuckery, well, fucked it all up. I loved that because it gave you things that you've been wanting to see happen, but they actually don't
, and that's pretty awesome and clever writing IMO.

flash back

This is going to be an interesting ass episode.
Was wondering why he would've needed to go back into that timeline. Conning Wells!Eobard into helping him get faster seems to make sense. Wonder how Pied Piper plays into it all, though.

That one is going to be interesting episode. And it's the episode after Barry likely return from Supergirl's Universe too.

I wonder how he ends up there, anyway. Probably an attempt to get back to Earth-2 gone wrong. I'd hope they actually show that attempt prior to the crossover.

carlsojo

flash back

Holy shit yes.

flash back

Is this
before or after the Supergirl episode
?

Joni

Finale will air on May 24th.

flash back
That seems like a damn cool episode. It is also funny how they
bring back Eddie a couple of episodes after revealing he isn't Zoom. Should have announced Eddie coming back before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom