• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards Nominees being announced [Update: Revealed - In OP]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Whoa,

FgcvUxM.png

You know Kojima is going to vote Mordor since he loves open world games

That doesn't answer my question.

It's a card in some sense game, but it's not like there's a physical version to play. It's a card game insofar as the UI is shown using cards. It has mechanics, gameplay, animations, even some minor story elements built in; there's a lot to it. It's still a video game even if it uses cards.

Sunset Overdrive is up for best Action Adventure game and best score.

Atleast it got some love.

FH2 is up for best racing/sports game, and KI Season 2 is up for best fighting. MCC up for best remaster.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So many Remasters....it needs its own award. Really sad.

Zero Nintendo games up for best soundtrack? WTF?

Those are fantastic games, I'd say this has been a wonderful year.

It certainly won't go down in the history books, in my opinion. I don't want to play any of those all that much. Well Dark Souls 2, mainly in retrospect.

And most pertinently to you - I still haven't played DA:I yet. But while I reckon it's a GOTY contender, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it, if it weren't such a starved year.

DieH@rd

Banned
For those who are not happy about presence of "Ubisoft" on the best dev list, I want to remind you that during 2014 nominated Ubisoft Montreal was lead on:
- Watch Dogs
- Child of Light
- AC Unity
- Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Far Cry 4
- and, they are making and promoting Rainbow Six: Siege which was playable on several events this year

They deserve all the freaking praise. Sure there were problems with Unity, but they delivered 4 big open world games and have worked on even more stuff.

iMax

Explain yourself. The only two games in the same genre are DA and DS2 and even then they are very different games.

Well, they're all AAA for one. And aside from Bayo and Hearthstone, they're all pretty RPG-ish.

It's not a bad list but maybe they should've just opened it up a little more to some other nominees to diversify it further.

Eolz

I don't see why Zelda would be in most anticipated we know next to nothing about it really.
You usually don't know a lot of things about a new zelda before some time.
You think people aren't anticipating an open world Zelda in HD?

sense

come on people, sunset seems like a good pick up and have fun game but not really goty material.

I personally would vote for hearthstone because of the ridiculous amount of hours i put into it but If I had to guess I think Dragon Age is going to win the award.

Why are they announcing the GOTY nominees if theres still some games coming out this year

Theres a reason the oscars are in the spring of the next year

I can agree with those GOTY Nominees. Really weird to not see a shooter in there somewhere though. I got Either Bayo2 or Dragon Age taking it.

Best score/soundtrack:

No Mario Kart 8 or Smash Wii U, who will pay for this terrible injustice?

Only half joking.

I'd much rather Bayonetta 2 get the nomination if for no other reason than giving exposure to the game. It might actually help sales a bit and Platinum can surely use every sale they can get.

hatchx

Banned
i don't think he mentioned that category yet, or maybe there is not category for best music which would be odd.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Alien Isolation
Child of Light
Destiny
Sunset Overdrive
Transistor

Smash Bros. and Tropical Freeze should be on that list IMO. Of course, Smash isn't out yet and DK was a february game, I can see why it's missing.

Seems weird the show happens a month before the end of the year. It's not really a GOTY, it's game of January-November.

Really conflicted about Hearthstone on this list. Being played by tens of millions of people is one thing, but it's also free.I don't think the scale of Hearthstone is even comparable to dozens of other games that failed to reach this category. Just my two cents.
Design and UI are incredible for sure. But when I imagine a sizzle reel of these games and then reaching Hearthstone..I just don't know.

Top Bottom