• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Has An Exclusive Slow Motion Mode (Sub 10 FPS) On Base PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

live video of the PS3 version:

NUOmCws.jpg

G.O.O.

imagine playing at this speed and at the same time struggling to make the beast do whatever you need it to do

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
This thread has got to be a joke.

This game is a cinematic experience.

Sub 10 FPS is optimal for such.

Would've been better if it was consistently maintained at >5.

platina

stable 30fps pro master r.....ah nvm. Good time to be a pro owner though :p Looks like it's becoming more and more worth it.

Falchion

Hopefully this isn't Just Cause 3 part 2. I feel like a stable 30 FPS isn't too much to ask for this game.

SilentRob

Remember when Shadow of the Colossus was remembered as an unplayable mess everyone should avoid because of the framerate?

The video OP posted is obviously a bug. This hasn't even happaned once in my playthrough.

Even if it's just a bug, it's a bug that renders the game unplayable unless you restart your console. Still pretty bad.
Unfortunate that two games that started as PS3 games run fairly poorly as PS4 games. Glad PS4 pro is providing better frame rates since it seemed like they'd just focus on resolution,..but this isn't an ideal scenario.

I don't know why people fall for this shit. Clearly a bug and somebody wanting to get views on their page. That being said, it would be nice if the game could be patched to run at a solid 30 fps.

Pillville

My fear, since the announcement of the pro, is that we will start hearing
"This is what the base PS4 is capable of. If you want better performance, buy a Pro."

I hope I'm wrong, but Developers will have a hard time justifying spending time on performance enhancements when the can just blame he base model.

It's just a bug.

Most reviewers didn't experience this. AND it was fixed after a restart of the PS4.

It's a bug and it shouldn't be there yes, but also its not huge issue and not representative of the game at all.

Shadow of the Colossus was the game that drove me away from dedicated console gaming with is atrocious FPS.

It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

As long as it's not effecting the gameplay, sub-10 fps is 100% acceptable. We should be happy we didn't have to wait till the PS5 to play this and be more forgiving of tiny issues like this.

Did Digital Foundry see if the framerate was for artistic purposes? Could Ueda be trying to say something about the modern state of the game industry with that framerate?

Catvoca

Banned
As long as it's not effecting the gameplay, sub-10 fps is 100% acceptable. We should be happy we didn't have to wait till the PS5 to play this and be more forgiving of tiny issues like this.

Yeah, the gameplay looks pretty unaffected by the framerate in that video lol.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
" I weep for people these days and their fixation on framerates"

So i should just suck it up if i want to play a game that's actually smooth and has a stable framerate?? Do people think before they post sometimes?

Is that what you hear when you read that? Amazing.

Dunkley

That has to be a bug. I think DF's take on it is a more fair representation. That said, playing it on the PRO seems to be the way to go for the best overall experience.

Definitely, just like with the 2-5 fps bug on AC Unity, while performance isn't solid I think this is probably not a common bug.

However given AC Unity had something similar, one has to wonder if this is some sort of memory leak, overheating or just a very some other software situation where the engine just unintentionally completely underperforms.

Either way here's hoping at least that will be fixed. I don't know how much they can do about the performance at this point, but bugs like this hopefully do end up getting patched out.

jokkir

I see a Shadow of the Colossus mode is built in.

And why shouldn't a thread be made about it? Sure, it can be fixed but it's still a pretty major bug from the looks of it.

Petrae

Pretty much. Other games would be eviscerated for this, but we're talking The Last Guardian here. Standards change, and people are more than willing to give a pass to shitty technical performance because of what the game represents.

EDIT: Holy shit. The quoted post wasn't sarcasm?

Sylas

Ayyy fake news threads can effect even gaming side! Neat. While it did happen, by all accounts it was a bug and was resolved when he rebooted the PS4. We don't know what kind of bug (unforeseen memory leak, OS-level shenanigans, etc) but it was just that.

Call it a bug and mention how to fix it.

This is not an accurate representation of the final game.

Many outlets have given the game a very high score and no mentions of Framerate issues.

I had the exact same issue with TW3, and it was easily sitting at sub 10 fps for at least five minutes. I eventually just had to restart my PS4. The tech analysis from Digital Foundary is legit, but I feel this is discussion is a bit of an overkill over a bug that isn't unique to TLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom