• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Has An Exclusive Slow Motion Mode (Sub 10 FPS) On Base PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmoka

Banned
So I need to get another PS4 with a little more power to play the game decently? I can forgive 25fps, but this is disgusting.

What does PS4 Pro have to do with performance on a PS4 console in a situation that is clearly a bug?

Sony thought that releasing TLG in that state on the base PS4 was acceptable.

The PS4 Pro is the only console capable of achieving 30 fps.

If the PS4 Pro didn't exist, would Sony release a sub 30 fps game?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

They released SotC, didn't they?

Wagram

Turning off the console to fix the frame rate. That takes me back to Skyrim's abysmal performance on PS3. Good thing Pete Hines never noticed it.

They released Bloodborne?

Bloodborne is 30 fps for most of the game, it has frame rate drops.

TLG is sub 30 fps for most of the game.

Compare the 2 DF tests.

you act like this is the first time or have you been living under a rock

Do tell which other Sony game is sub 30 fps for most of the game on PS4?

They released SotC, didn't they?

That's irrelevant since we're talking about the PS4.

But yes you're right, a game released 11 years ago on a different platform with different management at Sony is completely debunking what I'm talking about right now.

Seems like a bug. Not sure if worth of opening yet another TLG thread, especially when we already have the DF thread from just hours ago discussing this very same topic.

The Lamp

This thread title and OP are an abomination. It was mentioned in the other thread that other users never experienced this kind of slowdown and that it is most likely a bug that was resolved upon restart.

But I guess it's cool for you to give this game deceitfully hyperbolic bad PR.

It's a bug. Happened in Bloodborne (got patched) to a few people, never encountered it myself in either game. Hopefully it'll get patched soon.

CGwizz

Turning off the console to fix the frame rate. That takes me back to Skyrim's abysmal performance on PS3. Good thing Pete Hines never noticed it.

Pete Hines needs glasses ... Nah he just needs to stop lying 100 % of the time.

V-Gief

I just want to craft a few more daggers and save before the ps3 shits the bed! >< Oh god, make the flashbacks stop!

On topic: a situation where a reboot is required due to performance getting worse and worse the longer you play, like the one in Skyrim, would bug me quite a bit in the end :/ 20-30fps fluctuations I can live with though.

This thread title and OP are an abomination. It was mentioned in the other thread that other users never experienced this kind of slowdown and that it is most likely a bug that was resolved upon restart.

But I guess it's cool for you to give this game deceitfully hyperbolic bad PR.

At least with Trump as president, this kind of stuff will be punished like it deserves to be.

I'll try on my PS4 and imagine it's an interactive book (
almost 10 years ffs T_T
)

I can't buy a Pro just for this game :(

That's not a framerate issue. Framerate issues don't magically go away if you restart the console and are generally consistent.

And inconsistent framerate drop that's 'fixed' by a restart is clearly a bug causing a slowdown.

It's also likely existent (the bug, that is) on PS Pro and they just didn't notice it because the hardware was making up the difference.

Just more clickbait bullshit.

PSFan

Shoudl've delayed it.

C8h1eGr.png

Sorry, but that is not true at all.

Angelina

Banned
Didnt people last gen say they liked the low frame rate in games because it makes it cinematic &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

codhand

That's not a framerate issue. Framerate issues don't magically go away if you restart the console and are generally consistent.

And inconsistent framerate drop that's 'fixed' by a restart is clearly a bug causing a slowdown.

It's also likely existent (the bug, that is) on PS Pro and they just didn't notice it because the hardware was making up the difference.

Just more clickbait bullshit.

sounds like someone needs some egg nog

Boke1879

You act like this wouldn't have been the case even without the PS4 pro. The game was targeted for the PS3.

Boke1879

They restarted the PS4 and it fixed the problem, obviously some type of bug...Hopefully it gets fixed...

Many other reviewers say they never encountered it this bad either. So it's either a special case in a few areas or some sort of bug.

That said it's not indicative of the experience and the game overall is reviewing well. So it's clearly not a huge issue.

Boke1879

Forces, lol? They are not forcing me or anyone else to do shit. I'll play the game at a later date on the cheap on my base PS4. As my PS4 is not the problem here.

People been talking out of their ass lately. Lol.

If Sony was going to "force" anyone to upgrade by hindering a game. It certainly wouldn't be The Last Guardian.

L95

If it's fixed by a reset and occurs rarely, it doesn't seem like too big a deal. (How often can/does one save in this game, anyway?)

"Or kiss your business goodbye." The entitlement here. Sure, the framerate sucks and should be criticized but let's make threats so they to meet our demands. /s

My eyes are having trouble rolling any farther into the back of my head god help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom