• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Has An Exclusive Slow Motion Mode (Sub 10 FPS) On Base PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareha

That has to be a bug. I think DF's take on it is a more fair representation. That said, playing it on the PRO seems to be the way to go for the best overall experience.

People shouldn't have to buy a new console just to get a good experience though.

Papacheeks

Banned
You act like this wouldn't have been the case even without the PS4 pro. The game was targeted for the PS3.

ANd yet the only way to play it locked 30fps is on another version of the console. I think his point is if the Pro didn't exist the frame rate issues would be a little more bearable. But as it is to play the game in a stable format you need the pro or you put up with 26fps or lower ost of the time on base PS4.

This is what me, him and others were afraid of. ANd seeing that there was issues with The last of Us on PS4 PRO, and games like FF XV are fears were warranted.

People shouldn't have to buy a new console just to get a good experience though.

Exactly.

Wow Sony you spent 10 years on this game and look at how it turned out. And people will defend playing a whole game on 10FPS or lower.

What's the excuse this time? It's cinematic? Real strange how reviewers haven't said anything I guess they got their money from Sony so whatever, but we are spending ours on a broken ass game.

Pathetic. Bet this will be swept under the rug. But ohhh it's okay to have to restart your console every ten minutes ohhhh.

Enjoy having fun rolling in those good metacritic scores. We will be spending more time looking at those than actually playing the game with frame rate that never leaves 10FPS.

I'd say vote with your wallets and don't preorder but nobody will listen. This is the result. Video games are dead.

Hopefully I can add some clarity. I reviewed TLG for PSU.com, and our manager Steven recorded and posted that video.

(http://www.psu.com/review/31726/the-last-guardian-review)

His example was particularly egregious, and it did clear up after resetting the console, but I encountered another area in the game with a similar plummet that did clear up on its own, when I moved somewhere else. And that was on PS4 Pro.

Put simply, the game performs poorly. It's also essential--a beautiful, heartfelt story I'll never forget.

Targeted but not feasible. The PS3 couldn't handle the game, was so slow that they had to speed up the footage in the early trailers

I know that already.

They changed the scope of the game after that and we're left with a sub 30 fps performance on the base PS4 but a solid 30 fps on the PS4 Pro.

That's still not acceptable.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Wow Sony you spent 10 years on this game and look at how it turned out. And people will defend playing a whole game on 10FPS or lower.

What's the excuse this time? It's cinematic? Real strange how reviewers haven't said anything I guess they got their money from Sony so whatever, but we are spending ours on a broken ass game.

Pathetic. Bet this will be swept under the rug. But ohhh it's okay to have to restart your console every ten minutes ohhhh.

Enjoy having fun rolling in those good metacritic scores. We will be spending more time looking at those than actually playing the game with frame rate that never leaves 10FPS.

I'd say vote with your wallets and don't preorder but nobody will listen. This is the result. Video games are dead.

Soho, is that you?

mattp

oh come on, this is stupid
the framerate isnt great, but the shit happening in that video is obviously a bug

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully I can add some clarity. I reviewed TLG for PSU.com, and our manager Steven recorded and posted that video.

(http://www.psu.com/review/31726/the-last-guardian-review)

His example was particularly egregious, and it did clear up after resetting the console, but I encountered another area in the game with a similar plummet that did clear up on its own, when I moved somewhere else. And that was on PS4 Pro.

Put simply, the game performs poorly. It's also essential--a beautiful, heartfelt story I'll never forget.

Excuse me, we're only interested in outrage here.

rhandino

Banned
The Last Framerate
OMG!

bo4pz59.gif

timberger

Technical issues should never be accepted of course, but seeing how certain members of this forum are coming across as practically giddy with glee at any troubles with this game both here and in the review thread is gross.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
That's irrelevant since we're talking about the PS4.

But yes you're right, a game released 11 years ago on a different platform with different management at Sony is completely debunking what I'm talking about right now.

Hey man, you just said Sony...not Sony today.

cyba89

Oh look, it's a (based on other impressions probably rare occuring) bug. You really showed us with this thread OP.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

lol

kinggroin

Banned

Im buying one copy for each frame per second.

Go suck an egg.

Papacheeks

Banned
Agreed but we all knew this was coming when both MS and Sony announced mid gen updates. It is to be expected with what we have seen on the 3DS vs N3DS.

No this was not the case according to #PROGAF. People like me and and others who voiced our opinion were ridiculed by gaf and even developers when we voiced our concerns. Last guardian is a game that doesn't deserve to be in the state it's in period. And to say that to get it running in a acceptable state is to have new hardware. It's bad and is something Sony and Microsoft are going to have to deal with.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Last Optimization.

I don't know why a bunch of users expect games long in development to turn up as some kind of technological marvels. They were in such a long time in development for a reason, the fact that they come out is an accomplishment in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom