• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Entirely possible. I could see the plan being an N7 day blowout.

But that showing couldn't help but lead to some questions about how ready the game is. Curious to see how Bioware responds. You can already see a narrative taking hold on GAF.

They say Fall, August is technically Fall so Gamescom reveal is possible.

Patryn

Why is it a mistake? I don't know why so many of you are so impatient and panicky.

You can already see that Bioware people on Twitter are doing some damage control trying to assure people that the game will be shipping in Q1 2017.

Gamble is saying it's going to be close to ship this fall? Bruh, no.

I saw the tweet you're referencing, and I think he's saying we'll get more info in the fall, not that the game ships in the fall.

While I'm at it, updating this post:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I think it's smart to still show a bit of gameplay now, once TF2 has shipped I foresee a whole lot of Mass Effect being pushed promotion wise from EA: November 7 blowout nigh on confirmed I reckon.

Plasma

Banned
Half the problem is that they announced the game way to early but both times they've shown the games it has been a bit underwhelming. It was kind of expected last year but they've spent all that time since then saying it's coming early 2017 so you would expect a big blow out of information and this is all they show. I don't blame people for questioning what state the game must be in at this point.

I do kind of think it isn't just a Bioware problem though EA haven't been able to get their shit together for the whole of this generation.

Patryn

NOOOO!!!!!!!!! I wish I had seen that before the conference, I would have lowered my expectations accordingly :(

Hopefully BC for ME2 and ME3 gets announced tomorrow at MS's conference, I need my Mass Effect fix because at this moment I'm beginning to lose interest in ME:A.

I wouldn't say I'm losing interest, more like my interest has gone from feverish back to almost forgotten.

Basically it woke up, saw that it was basically nothing, then hit the snooze button and went back to sleep until Fall.

Lucreto

So Shinobi...

Is this all we are expecting for this E3 or will we see more at Microsoft's conference?

Do you think we will see more at GamesCom or N7 Day?

Patryn

I think my largest problem is that I've had my hopes up for almost every event leading to this and then dashed every single time, and I think this one kind of broke me.

I think I'll be excited for when it comes out, but I'm at like fool me 5 times, I need to learn to expect nothing.

So Shinobi...

Is this all we are expecting for this E3 or will we see more at Microsoft's conference?

Do you think we will see more at GamesCom or N7 Day?

The official word is that we'll get more info in the Fall, so I suspect that what we've seen is what we get for E3. GamesCom and N7 day are both in the fall, so who knows for those events?

If the last 2 E3s and the last N7 day has taught us anything, it's to not get your hopes up.

diaspora

FY Q4 2016 is 8-10 months away iirc. So if they're planning a Fallout 4 style showing before release, they'd need to do it October-November with November being the latest imo.

Lucreto

The official word is that we'll get more info in the Fall, so I suspect that what we've seen is what we get for E3. GamesCom and N7 day are both in the fall, so who knows for those events?

If the last 2 E3s and the last N7 day has taught us anything, it's to not get your hopes up.

My money is on Gamescom but I think some small gameplay or the same trailer at Microsoft's conference and announcing backwards compatibility.

I'm just amazed they're not even ready and able to talk about the story and characters... I mean, okay, so maybe they don't have a slice of gameplay ready for primetime but surely at this point, they can say something with more substance than 'HOW FAR CAN WE TAKE MASS EFFECT DOT DOT DOT?'

If you asked me a few hours ago, I was sure we would at least get some tangible information about the new protagonist to tide us over. Now we don't even know if we've seen them in the footage!

SliChillax

I'm just amazed they're not even ready and able to talk about the story and characters... I mean, okay, so maybe they don't have a slice of gameplay ready for primetime but surely at this point, they can say something with more substance than 'HOW FAR CAN WE TAKE MASS EFFECT DOT DOT DOT?'

If you asked me a few hours ago, I was sure we would at least get some tangible information about the new protagonist to tide us over. Now we don't even know if we've seen them in the footage!

I'm glad about the no story or characters part. I wanna discover everything once I play the game.

Patryn

I'm a bit more mellow on the showing after some time, but there's a certain irony that a showing that was supposed to hype me up and get me all excited only managed to seriously deflate me and drown my hope for the game.

Then again deflated expectations can be good, at least. Less for the game to live up to.

DOWN

Banned
I thought it was awesome even though it was short. Looks gorgeous and exploration heavy with several vast locations.

the way EA skipped backwards compatibility and made me plug my 360 back in to get some ME3 multiplayer tho

Patryn

I thought it was awesome even though it was short. Looks gorgeous and exploration heavy with several vast locations.

the way EA skipped backwards compatibility and made me plug my 360 back in to get some ME3 multiplayer tho

Any BC announcement will likely come on the Microsoft stage. MS knows that Mass Effect are widely requested titles, they'd want to have that goodwill pop.

prag16

Banned
Curious if this media strategy is Bioware's or if EA doesn't want ME to steal some Titanfall's thunder.

EIther way I think it's a mistake.

Unless the game really is behind and it's going to be pushed back.
Yeah, whether or not the game is ACTUALLY in danger of being pushed back, they certainly made damn sure that would be the conclusion everyone jumps to. Folks over in the main thread are losing their minds.

Patryn

Yeah, whether or not the game is ACTUALLY in danger of being pushed back, they certainly made damn sure that would be the conclusion everyone jumps to. Folks over in the main thread are losing their minds.

The delay announcements fan fiction is really interesting.

prag16

Banned
The delay announcements fan fiction is really interesting.
The dude "calling" the precise and elaborate four phased delay sequence lost me a bit of faith in humanity. Assuming it was a serious post. If it was satirical as a response to all the hand wringing, then it was brilliant.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I think that is the perfect amount of gameplay and story tidbits for a game still coming out in next year: what Fallout 4 did with it's short promotional timeframe I think will become more the norm... less can sometimes be more.

At least it showcased some gameplay, and my god...how good looking is this game!

Frostbyte Mass Effect looks tons better than Frostbyte Inquisition at this stage.

diaspora

Frostbite :p

Also, I made a webm of the trailer without the dev bits in it since IMO it should have been a separate video. Seems like an actual trailer now. Not sure what to do about audio.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Frostbite :p

Also, I made a webm of the trailer without the dev bits in it since IMO it should have been a separate video. Seems like an actual trailer now. Not sure what to do about audio.

Oh true haha...always was Frostbyte in my head :p

Nice, look forward to this edit! :D

diaspora

No idea what to do with audio though, the voiceover makes it unusable without overwriting it entirely with music unless anyone has any suggestions.

Nice trailer, good reminder that the game exists, but im not expecting this until late 2017. Still got like 18 billion planets to visit in No Mans Sky by then so its okay.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Nice trailer, good reminder that the game exists, but im not expecting this until late 2017. Still got like 18 billion planets to visit in No Mans Sky by then so its okay.

I'm happy for them to delay it until whenever it needs to be finished, if there's one game I don't want rushed out the gate ever, it's Mass Effect.

That crucibles powering the ARK ships theory is intriguing.........I like it!

jdstorm

Banned
Posted this on the ME; andromeda thread. But I thought it was worth another post.

Did you know that the Mass Effect Trillogy on PC sold the same amount of copies as Mass Effect 3 on the WIIU (270k according to VG Charts). That kind of blew my mind a little bit

Aparently VG charts is terrible... My bad. Sorry everyone

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Posted this on the ME; andromeda thread. But I thought it was worth another post.

Did you know that the Mass Effect Trillogy on PC sold the same amount of copies as Mass Effect 3 on the WIIU (270k according to VG Charts). That kind of blew my mind a little bit

I thought VG charts wasn't reliable one bit? And I seriously doubt that the whole trilogy sold the same amount on PC as the bomb that was ME3 on Wii U.

Patryn

VG Chartz is shit data that rarely reflects reality and only really leads to misinformation, and use of it on GAF has been a bannable offense due to this fact.

Mindlog

It's not necessarily adding it to Premiere I have trouble with, it's just making the rhythm match the video. Making the music sound like it totally matches the trailer by cutting the music in the right places.
Yeah for the quick and dirty stuff I just pick out a few beats and line up the track accordingly. Didn't even bother editing the transition on my double take re-cut to the intro in the Andromageddon video :]

For old highlight clips the process was much more involved, but I once just ended up using time stamps marked on post-its.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom