• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nu Metal Thread - 9guys1band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Deftones is the Nu-Metal band everyone can agree on. (because it's not really nu-metal).

All the rest sucks IMO.

I saw them at Ozzfest years ago. They were pretty good live. They were just touring with Sevendust and Lacuna Coil. Would've liked to have seen that show but they didn't come close enough.

I saw Sevendust, Coal Chamber, Lacuna Coil, and Red in Sacramento when they came around. So awesome being up front.

NotLiquid

Love and Meth is really good.

It sounds pretty great. Definitely feels like they're back to evolving their Issues sound which imo was their peak (Untouchables was a pretty decent follow up though).

Never Never was alright but I really hope we're looking at the most balanced Korn album. Korn 3 was a really good album but I was looking forward to see what they could do without the classic limitations and The Path of Totality... well the best thing I can say about that one was that Way Too Far has one of my favorite choruses in any Korn song.

Pretty excited to see how the new album goes down, feels like it's going to be the band's next natural evolution.

I thought GON would enjoy this since I was going through Gintama.

ibTU9B8LnnsEp.jpg

FYC

Banned
^ ~Love and Peace!~

Speaking of love and peace, Love and Death released a new song(Empty) off the expanded version of their album from earlier this year, Between Here and Lost. It comes with 3 new songs including Empty and two remixes. Surprisingly, it's a pretty good nu metal album. The riffs in Chemicals fuckin rule

MaestroKnux

NotLiquid

New Korn album is their best work since FTL.

It's really good. Not sure if I'd call it their best since then (I still much prefer Issues over FTL) but it really feels like it's drawing back to the good old days of them just jamming and having a grand old time while still maintaining something new and unique. It's also the most focused album they've put out ever since Untouchables, so I like to think that Head being back is only spelling good things for the band's future. It's a really pleasant listen with some very consistent quality.

It's generally a very safe album with just about every track being passable as a radio single, but it's worth a listen. If nothing else, Love & Meth, Mass Hysteria and Victimized are some of their best tracks they've come out with.

N4Us

Anyone remember One Minute Silence? I was browsing Spotify and was surprised that they released a new EP last year. It's actually not too bad either

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh man, Metal Hammer is publishing a special nu metal commemorative issue:

xfbUrng.jpg

Metal Hammer Presents Nu Metal is a 132 page celebration of one of the most controversial and radical periods in rock's history. All new features include:

• Inside Linkin Park's seminal 'Hybrid Theory' with Chester and Mike including how they fought a record label trying to kick members out of the band to release the album of a generation.
  • Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst tells his life story to date, from being homeless to being one of the biggest rock icons of all time. Britney, Woodstock and redemption from being rock's public enemy number one...it's all here in one unflinching interview.
  • Inside the Family Values tour with Korn's Jonathan Davis telling us how that tour changed metal forever.
  • The biggest rock bands of today give praise to nu metal including A Day To Remember, Parkway Drive, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men, Architects and more.
  • Unique producer Ross Robinson tells stories from the studio about Korn, Slipknot, Bizkit, Sepultura, Machine Head with a mind-blowing look at the twisted techniques that gave birth to your favourite albums.
  • Jonathan Davis, Chino Moreno, Jacoby Shaddix and more talk to us exclusively about their nu metal past.
We revisit the iconic videos, the crazy looks, the moments that made the genre, how hip hop culture changed metal forever and the bands bringing nu metal back in a big way!

We also bring you classic features from Metal Hammer's past including:

• Slipknot's first ever cover story on their first ever headline tour of the US.
  • System Of A Down as they prepared to shake the world with their classic Toxicity album.
  • Retro features from Korn, Deftones, Incubus, Papa Roach, Disturbed and more.
  • Focus on Mudvayne, POD, Kid Rock, Crazy Town, Hoobastank, Ill Niño, One Minute Silence, Snot, Spineshank and Corporate Avenger. (Yeah, we're digging deep).
The good, the bad and the freaky; you'll find them all inside Metal Hammer Presents Nu Metal.

FYC

Banned
Jesus, that's Chester Bennington? Damn dude.

I might actually buy this if I can for the Ross Robinson and Chino interviews, both should be pretty interesting.

Moofers

Mushroomhead has a new album as of Tuesday. From what I've heard, its fucking awesome so far. I'm really only familiar with the first four tracks and I really really like those.

Dat Opening Track is a real scorcher!

PaulBizkit

I cannot understand how I never searched for a thread like this.

DEFTONES are making lots of friends lately. They just announced a gig with System Of A Down as the headliners here in Argentina and another one with Incubus in the USA.

And to think I took Chino Moreno as an anti-social douchebag who dissed all nu metal bands like Linkin Park and Korn...

Coins

Banned
Yeah I nabbed some of the presale tickets for the Deftones and Incubus show here in St. Louis. Expensive tickets, though.

PaulBizkit

Nobody else checking this thread anymore?

Man, two years after the last post, here I am.

Ok, so, Chester is no longer with us and I, personally, still can't believe it. Nu Metal has lost one of its most iconic singers.

NuMetalNight.png

However, I think this thread is a good place to discuss the following. What's next for Linkin Park? The band will obviously continue, but how? How do you guys think LP will move forward?

Who would be a good replacement for Chester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom