• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally

Shambala

XLo4LF9.jpeg

The Jez seems to live in his own cope-filled world where Series XS were doing amazing numbers and stupid Nutella came and fucked everything up. Never mind that whatever goodwill/hype the brand had was because Daddy was funneling $80B bailouts from the Server and Office divisions.
No, Spencer deserved to get Bethesda, he deserved to get $1.5B of hardware losses in the first year, he deserved to gobble up the biggest 3rd party publisher on the planet, he deserved to be losing money on a sub service for half a decade.
Anyway, it seems the 3rd party shift in Microsoft Gaming even has a codename, Latitude.

9o0FotX.jpeg
The most hilarious part is that post even got wrong the part of MGS4 going to be released on Xbox 360 lmao

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
But are hamstrung by Xbox, and doing things that they hope would make "Xbox" great.
Microsoft is being hamstrung by their IQ, not Xbox.
Just because they aren't dealing with Xbox physical hardware anymore doesn't mean their business decisions will suddenly get smarter.

They're still not gonna make a new Banjo like fans have begged for 25 years. They're still not gonna port rare replay. They're still gonna force 343 to make the next Halo.

Their terrible business decisions are literally being parodied in TV shows now and they STILL couldn't give a fuck.

They're incorrigible.

The problem is at this point people just don't buy Xbox as we saw with Starfield release where Xbox was like down YoY. Xbox Series is just not an attractive proposition - just like with Hogwarts - only GTA will move hardware up.

I still believe that HB2 would benefit from releasing on PS, as I don't see people rushing to buy Xbox to play the game. And more likely just to ignore

diffusionx

Gold Member
The Jez seems to live in his own cope-filled world where Series XS were doing amazing numbers and stupid Nutella came and fucked everything up. Never mind that whatever goodwill/hype the brand had was because Daddy was funneling $80B bailouts from the Server and Office divisions.
No, Spencer deserved to get Bethesda, he deserved to get $1.5B of hardware losses in the first year, he deserved to gobble up the biggest 3rd party publisher on the planet, he deserved to be losing money on a sub service for half a decade.
Anyway, it seems the 3rd party shift in Microsoft Gaming even has a codename, Latitude.

9o0FotX.jpeg
Hilarious thing about this post is that this guy directly references Nintendo and their GameCube... when the Wii was kicking everyone's ass.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Logic's pretty simple:
Why not make maximum short-term gains from console sales when your long-term vision is that consoles are going the way of the dinosaur?

Jerm411

The levels of delusion in that article (and that's being nice) are hilariously insane...I mean look at this...

"Microsoft had a real opportunity to become a different megacorp that invested in social responsibilities, employees, and customer satisfaction first. It could lead by example and show you can be nice and profitable. Perhaps it could even be profitable to be good. When I first started blogging almost ten years ago, in my youthful naivete, I believed that Microsoft would."

Jesus. Almighty. Christ.

Possibly Hellblade 2, Starfield but I don't see Halo and Gears being ported.

My guess is they will save those games for last because it gives people hope that some games wont go. People know that as soon as those get ported nothing is off the table even though Phil already said that outright people wont believe it till they see it

The levels of delusion in that article (and that's being nice) are hilariously insane...I mean look at this...

Jesus. Almighty. Christ.

I’d rather he tell it straight and admit he couldn’t care less about the console , it’s obvious he doesn’t.

The fella never even bothered with Xbox 360 back in the day.

He’s a mouth for hire and the attention went to his head.

NickFire

The cat and mouse game / manner in which this is all coming to fruition makes it very hard not to laugh and sensibly chuckle over this developing situation. But ultimately, when everyone plays everyone wins. And there really aren't any losers in all of this except for, maybe, a couple of fellas who monetized their love of a brand. MS will win (as long as COD keeps selling) a ton of new sales. Sony doesn't have to worry about losing its cuts. And console gamers can soon play Starfield on the same system as God of War, and Flight Sim on the same system as Last of Us. Funny how things work out. And praise to Phil for being so bad at managing studios that we will finally have all of the high end console games on one console.

Nydius

Do you think Sony would want it on their system because it really could affect GT sales
Forza Horizon wouldn’t really impact GT sales that much. It’s an arcade racer more than a sim, and it’s a genre that PlayStation really doesn’t have outside of The Crew and the Hot Wheels games. (Sad they never let Driveclub grow…)

And will they talk about this at their next conference or will they try to keep up appearances for another year
Now that you mention it...i wonder how they will present their game son their conference now?
Will they present their PS5 ports on their conferences like PS does with PC?

That would be wild.

But i'm sure thei way their conferences are presented will change, which will be wild tbh.
Forza on Playstation
Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Do you think Sony would want it on their system because it really could affect GT sales
I mean Forza Horizon is nothing like GT. And Motorsport has been surpassed by Gran Turismo in terms of quality which no one expected to happen like this so...

MayauMiao

At this point why would any studio want to be under MS given how it would risk their games going to Gamepass and MS seemingly giving up the console business.

Not really. Their game will sell decently at launch and fall off quickly (like SoT), because the PS installbase doesn't really care that much about Xbox games.
Otherwise Xbox wouldn't be dying.
Wrong…we just don’t care enough about the games to spend $400+ on another system. Halo, Gears, Forza, etc will make an absolute killing on PlayStation.

Killjoy-NL

Wrong…we just don’t care enough about the games to spend $400+ on another system. Halo, Gears, Forza, etc will make an absolute killing on PlayStation.
I never said the games wouldn't be profitable.

I'm saying the vast majority on PS doesn't care about those games.
Unless by "we" you mean Gaf. Because Gaf is a joke.
Gaf also claimed Xbox would be destroying PS5 this gen with 12Tflops, 2 SKUs and GamePass.

Edit:

In fact, people were cheering about SoT being a PS5 best-seller and how amazing Hifi Rush is, but since both got released, literally nobody talks about them. As if they never got released.

Last edited:

schaft0620

Halo either needs to be the last game they port over or the next game they port over. Either rip the band aid off now and tell the world what you are doing or hold on for dear life and hope that CoD and Indy can save Xbox and Game Pass.

Nydius

Well while your at it Xbox, send us MCC to Playstation

Keep Infinite though
Infinite would make the most sense to port first, though. They need the shot in the arm adding Infinite’s multiplayer to PlayStation would provide.

If I were in Xbox’s shoes, I’d port Infinite while simultaneously announcing a MCC port is being developed.

DaGwaphics

Feels like project flatline would have been more apt. It is what it is. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

I'll just enjoy the games and the hardware I have and let them worry about the business.

Last edited:
I never said the games wouldn't be profitable.

I'm saying the vast majority on PS doesn't care about those games.
Unless by "we" you mean Gaf. Because Gaf is a joke.
Gaf also claimed Xbox would be destroying PS5 this gen with 12Tflops, 2 SKUs and GamePass.

Edit:

In fact, people were cheering about SoT being a PS5 best-seller and how amazing Hifi Rush is, but since both got released, literally nobody talks about them. As if they never got released.

I mean SOT was a top seller. It's doing very well on PSN. Doesn't matter who's talking about it. Hifi rush I don't think did well on PSN either though.

Astray

Lol so instead of just coming out with it and announcing that they're discontinuing Xbox hardware outright and what they plan to do, they chose to rip the band-aid off in the most slow and agonizing matter possible.

WTF is wrong with Microsoft and how much contempt do they hold the fans in to treat them this way?

At this point I'm just going with my back-up plan and converting my Series X into a permanent emulator couch device.

“You can trace everything back to insatiable desire for money.”

No fucking shit, it’s a business.
Sony and Nintendo are also businesses, in the same market as xbox/microsoft gaming.
But they didnt make the same series of braindead "business" decisions that Microsoft has done for the last 10 years or so.
And they're both running circles around Microsoft in the videogame market.
Funny how you didnt mention any of that in your post.
Keep playing defense, you're doing great!

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
People stopped talking about God of War Ragnarok a couple of months after release too, I guess that means nobody wants that game either.

Top Bottom