• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Open Beta : All your base are belong to us

Ferr986

Don't you think the guys transporting stuff should get exp too?They're crucial for making the city advance yet they level slower because they can't mine stuff.

Anyways, it's being a joy seeing GAFTown slowly rising from it's ashes. You guys are great :)

Um,

how is this game going to deal with griefers? Some guy showed up in my town and kept rocket launching our buildings and then he also builld up platforms infront of the work bench and other spots and there's nothing you can do. Other online people were standing around whistling but that ain't gonna do shit.

He was also probably building worthless buildings and using up our resources.

Kouriozan

I find the game more fun when you build various stuff for the town that can help like the speaker alerting when monsters are close.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you think the guys transporting stuff should get exp too?They're crucial for making the city advance yet they level slower because they can't mine stuff.

Anyways, it's being a joy seeing GAFTown slowly rising from it's ashes. You guys are great :)

Definitely, I love transporting, but it makes me sad that I don't get anything for it.

Um,

how is this game going to deal with griefers? Some guy showed up in my town and kept rocket launching our buildings and then he also builld up platforms infront of the work bench and other spots and there's nothing you can do. Other online people were standing around whistling but that ain't gonna do shit.

You can buy Immobilizers from a Residents Store. You can also Snub by using R1 plus selecting the snub option.

However I don't think this is a good system, I should not have to use resources to try and catch griefers, the Immobilizers should be more readily accessible for the town.

Definitely, I love transporting, but it makes me sad that I don't get anything for it.

You can buy Immobilizers from a Residents Store. You can also Snub by using R1 plus selecting the snub option.

However I don't think this is a good system, I should not have to use resources to try and catch griefers, the Immobilizers should be more readily accessible for the town.

so what does snub do?

I think that's where the game is starting to show its weak spots. You gotta be able to report players. but then how does it know if the report is real? Can a griefer report you?

I'm going to guess dylan would read this forum but its something they need to look into.

Kouriozan

so what does snub do?

I think that's where the game is starting to show its weak spots. You gotta be able to report players. but then how does it know if the report is real? Can a griefer report you?

I'm going to guess dylan would read this forum but its something they need to look into.
If 10 players snub someone, he gets kicked out of the town.
Oh and when you're blue, you can get imprisoned if you walk on those mine-like.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and when you're blue, you can get imprisoned if you walk on those mine-like.

So griefers can just avoid the mines? Doesn't sound like a very good anti griefer system.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Um,

I think they should implement something like the Unreal Tournament 4 ban mod (surely used in another games, but well, that's the last one I have in mind), by simply being able, inside the pause menu, to find the name of the player doing shit then send a ban request. When at least the half of the town population (approx) voted against him, the player get banned (with the possibility to see next to the player name, inside the pause menu, a "ban percentage").
There is maybe a better ban system, but something like this may be effective. I think the "thumbs down" option is actually too approximate, it's difficult to know if our "thumbs down" have really been effective.

So griefers can just avoid the mines? Doesn't sound like a very good anti griefer system.

Agree. I don't understand this object, and it's a little bit annoying to see them everywhere in town. Maybe create a sort of net gun ?

Ferr986

Problem is that a griefer can shoot buildings. IMO you shouldn't be able to shoot and destroy your own buildings. This is not that kind of game IMO.
Hell yesterday I shoot a building by accident when a Godzilla was inside the town and turned blue for a min.

Anyways, he can do it and yet we may never know who he was. Because of the online system (not persistent, more like Souls) he can go hide when he turns blue, or even change town and be free of punishment. There's not even a system message saying "dude X is being an ass".

Also, the downvoting stuff doesn't work very good IMO because again you need to have contact with that guy, and innocents can get downvoted too for no reason other than, again, trolling.

I feel like the system is too based in good will, something that a lot of developers do with online based games.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
But even, I think that's not really beautiful to have lots of them placed everywhere in town sometimes :-/

I think the same. I remember when the Immobilizer didn't exist, so I was really excited for anti-griefers stuff, but I think the devs can do better.

EDIT: Also, they really need to reduce the need of metal for the turrets. Man, they eat the whole town's reserves.

Tumudorr

Neo Member
I built the wall that covers a whole side of the town... Saw it in action block a Godzilla spirit bomb, and felt proud hahaha :)

the problem with griefers in this game is that you can't tell who's doing damage easily and you could be away from town mining so you can't tell a fucker is ruining your town. I just happened to be in town when this carlos_dot_com was running around. I was wondering why he was shooting the ministry of labor. You'd have to know that the guy was griefing to vote them out. Its probably not going to work and will easily ruin the game.

:/

Also, the techniques to get rid of a griefer? That was mentioned here? No one actively playing the game would even know how that works. I read it and I still can't be sure how to do it.

you need 10 players to be around to know he's griefing to kick him out. And you need to find him to snub him - in a game where players teleport around left/right.

And how would you even know this technique to kick someone out? The game doesn't say.

one person can get into the town, and wreck a lot of damage very quickly. Dunno.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I built the wall that covers a whole side of the town... Saw it in action block a Godzilla spirit bomb, and felt proud hahaha :)

Oh it was you? Thanks man!

the problem with griefers in this game is that you can't tell who's doing damage easily and you could be away from town mining so you can't tell a fucker is ruining your town. I just happened to be in town when this carlos_dot_com was running around. I was wondering why he was shooting the ministry of labor. You'd have to know that the guy was griefing to vote them out. Its probably not going to work and will easily ruin the game.

:/

one person can get into the town, and wreck a lot of damage very quickly. Dunno.

Like, I know they want to make the game make you think about your decisions, but when the decision is "shoot a building and it's destroyed" then you'll start seeing people fucking it up for everyone. That's something that should be either removed or toned down. Then you have to regulate the disassemblers, and make the Immobilizers more accessible.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dat FPS drop. Something big is happening.

EDIT: Also, that cooperation glitch really needs to go. I can't help my comrades!

Vindicator

Currently helping out in Mikhzhek as well, btw are Thermal Power Plants any good? Tried to collect those 50 metals in a different town because of energy shortage, but there's always a Person who's building something else with it...

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
If I remember correctly, I think they said back during the initial closed beta test, that there would be private towns, but they weren't incorporating them into the beta yet (mainly because the beta is to test network load).

Also, for those of you lurking this thread and havent tried out the beta, there is a PENSION BONUS for anyone who's played the beta, completed the tutorial, and brought their character up to level 2.

I'm not sure if that's just one flat out lump sum, or we'll be getting a regular flow of cash, but yeah, you probably want to at least play the beta if you're even considering playing the game when it actually comes out.

Currently helping out in Mikhzhek as well, btw are Thermal Power Plants any good? Tried to collect those 50 metals in a different town because of energy shortage, but there's always a Person who's building something else with it...

I think the Thermal Plants generate electricity when you dump resources into it (like how you dump metal into the Town Hall to upgrade it). So its sort of an easier way to make electricity, other than using the treadmill?

Ridley327

If I remember correctly, I think they said back during the initial closed beta test, that there would be private towns, but they weren't incorporating them into the beta yet (mainly because the beta is to test network load).

OK, this is encouraging. Griefing is just way too easy in this game, and there just isn't enough discouragement for them. Even if you manage to kick one out, it won't be long until the next one.

melkier33

I really get to play this weekend, after the last beta the said the police would be more aggressive towards grievers, is there nothing like that implemented yet? My memory is a bit foggy but they did say something like that would be coming.

Akainu

Last night a green rock i was messing with started glowing when i put it in the storage area what does that mean?

delSai

Game is amazing. Working shouldn't be that fun, not even in a videogame.
We build a pretty cool town with walls around it, bridges leading to the islands, had places for trees and everyone knew what to do. I can see myself playing this alot, especially if the people playing are like the ones i had in town today.

EGOMON

Just dropping in to say hello and thanks to everyone for trying out the beta! There are still some surprises in store for the main game (which of course I can't reveal yet) so don't think of this as the full package.

Manning the Twitter guns solo this weekend so won't be able to pop in too frequently
Awesome glad to hear that.
The game is addicting I can see myself playing it forever if you guys keep adding new stuff to the end game.

Just few suggestions:
- Why don't make all residents of certain city are visible all the time? This way it makes you feel like the owner
- Chat system? Either presets of common communications like: Help me! Protect me? Follow me! Thanks Sorry... etc
Or a mini chat system with logs
- Rewarding the people who carry resources between mines and bus stop and from bus stop stop to the storage area
- Add more weapons
- Add trucks
- Inter-towns economy
- More specialized rules

I will send a feedback after the beta these were just of the top of my head.

Kouriozan

I'm done with the beta, gonna wait the full release now, I had fun in one of the GAF town, hope there will indeed be private ones for the release.
Made the mistake of putting points in strength for the extra bag space, after 6/7 hours of playtime I still didn't have enough to get it haha.
so how do you fix burning houses?
You should be able to press O near burning building to fix them, it costs woods though.

Ferr986

This is stupid. Trying to downvote the trolls but they keep registeriing and the emote doesn't registrer.

Anti griefer mesures need to go back to the drawing board IMO.

Ferr986

Cool, now I missed a shot while defending the town from Godzilla and Im blue :/

lol I saw Noop in a cage. Good work, guys.

Yep, but somehow just saw him free again. Seems like he's mining the monster now...

EDIT: He's blocking shit again.... he're messing with the worktable. The same two guys. Jail does nothing.

Private towns will fix this problem. Beta is just a server stress test so no private towns now. I wouldn't worry much about griefers.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, now I missed a shot while defending the town from Godzilla and Im blue :/

Yep, but somehow just saw him free again. Seems like he's mining the monster now...

EDIT: He's blocking shit again.... he're messing with the worktable. The same two guys. Jail does nothing.

The jail just slows them down. If they're in pairs, the buddy can just buy their freedom, otherwise, they'll need to suffer through the QT event to speed up the jail process. You're going to need to put both of their asses in jail in case they're buying their way out.

Ferr986

Another problem. Dude found a griefer, alerted us with the whistle, we came to downvote him... only to the game to recognize the one with the whistle (good guy) as the griefer, him getting all blue'd. I'm chasing the poor fella for upvote him.

Private towns will fix this problem. Beta is just a server stress test so no private towns now. I wouldn't worry much about griefers.

They confirmed private towns? They're required I must say. Would gladly buy the game for a private GAF Town.

The jail just slows them down. If they're in pairs, the buddy can just buy their freedom, otherwise, they'll need to suffer through the QT event to speed up the jail process. You're going to need to put both of their asses in jail in case they're buying their way out.

Yeah it's too easy for them. They're 3 guys for what I know.

DarkLS1

These griefers are getting ridiculous. I didnt run into that many during the closed beta but now its getting out of hand. Most of the time you notice all of their destruction after they have left the scene of the crime. generally never knowing who the heck did it.

Ferr986

They got rocket launchers and are shooting stuff.

These griefers are getting ridiculous. I didnt run into that many during the closed beta but now its getting out of hand. Most of the time you notice all of their destruction after they have left the scene of the crime. generally never knowing who the heck did it.

Im basically doing the Cop job, scouting the city looking for them and using the whistle non stop so everyone comes to downvote them.

Top Bottom