• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Open Beta : All your base are belong to us

Cool, now I missed a shot while defending the town from Godzilla and Im blue :/

Yep, but somehow just saw him free again. Seems like he's mining the monster now...

EDIT: He's blocking shit again.... he're messing with the worktable. The same two guys. Jail does nothing.

He's trying to blow up the town now & I have no Immobilizers. :(

EGOMON

Private towns will fix this problem. Beta is just a server stress test so no private towns now. I wouldn't worry much about griefers.
Still they need to implement a better anti-grief system otherwise the public towns which will be the home for the majority of the players, are going to be full of griefers and people will give up on the game.

I'm sorry, I don't know. I'm more of a gatherer in this game, I still don't know crafting stuff.

I'll see if I can buy some in another town & come back. Might not do much, but if we can keep jailing his ass maybe he'll get tired & leave.

Edit: got 6 of them, but of course now I can't get back into town, doh!

Ferr986

I'll see if I can buy some in another town & come back. Might not do much, but if we can keep jailing his ass maybe he'll get tired & leave.

Just saw a new griefer, "something"Gizmo1996 something like that, shooting with the cannon some buildings. Yeah this is going to get worse.

Need to leave to make some dinner, I'll be back later. Good luck guys.

crimilde

Banned
Why can't we build any Residence Store's & buy some Immobilizers? It says "Town must have 1Residence" when I try to build it. :/

If you go in the right hand menu (right on the dpad) you have an item to build yourself a residence in the town. Then you can build the store I think.

EDIT: Finally found GAFtown, hopping in.

Ambitious

Just tried this, and I had pretty much the same experience as with the alpha: No clue about what to do. I'd like to build a house, I guess, but I need things, and I probably need other things to get those things, and there's a bunch of currencies, and whatever. Not fun.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried this, and I had pretty much the same experience as with the alpha: No clue about what to do. I'd like to build a house, I guess, but I need things, and I probably need other things to get those things, and there's a bunch of currencies, and whatever. Not fun.

If you're going to build a house, you only need to accomplish two things:

1) Gain enough Toil Points (just dig, craft, whatever, it wont take much)
2) Be in a Town where there's actually a slot open for you to build a house

Finding an actual open slot is the hard part. You have a better chance building a house in a small town that's starting out.

I'm getting annoyed that there is no name of the missing materials that I need when I'm trying to construct an item.

Is there a way to know that ?

rafaelr

what´s needed for an election to take place?

town hall was level 3 and the town was plastered with election/candidate posters, but nothing ever happened.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting annoyed that there is no name of the missing materials that I need when I'm trying to construct an item.

Is there a way to know that ?

look at the icons on the left side (or was it right side?) when you construct an item. If you see a red number, that's how many of that particular thing you need.

Same rule applies to repairing buildings (was trying to fix a Town Hall, and it had a red 2 for wood, but the town had 10 wood. Then realized that its asking for 2 more pieces of wood. Doh.)

Bastables

Am loving this game so much that I've put the most time with it on vita while visiting the family for queen's birthday weekend. Game is glorious even with the grinders trying to ruin gaftown.

I'm done with the beta, gonna wait the full release now, I had fun in one of the GAF town, hope there will indeed be private ones for the release.
Made the mistake of putting points in strength for the extra bag space, after 6/7 hours of playtime I still didn't have enough to get it haha.
You should be able to press O near burning building to fix them, it costs woods though.

the strength one should be first one 5, then 10 after or something. the 10 is crazy. and you level up so slow. Imagine levelling up 10 times for 1 perk. It basically does nothing in the meantime.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Residents need to vote. I saw one election fail and the pop up said not enough votes.

Elections never happen when I'm playing :(

I need a ballot I can send beforehand, just like in real life!

Anyway, GAF town has recovered once again. Remember to keep putting metal into the town hall! Love the game, I thought that the town was done for.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Idk how I feel about this one.

Levelled up to about 12 I think? I like things about it, but there are too many trolls. Trolls have all the power. If that's supposed to be some meta social commentary, idk... I'm looking for a game, that's fun/relaxing, not some soapbox.

Players phasing in and out (who are right next to you) really sucks. Like, that is fucking dumb. If it's technical, idk... fix your shit. If it's a design choice, then no. Just no.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, man! 13 metal until the next town hall level! BTW, how long until the beta ends?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
We haven't announced yet.

Can the put item down button be changed to X or something that is not the same as the pickup button (O) or at least make it so you cannot pickup another item without the current item being dropped first so when dropping items at the bus I don't immediatley pickup another in its place?

Same goes for putting down items next to trees and end up shaking the tree immediatley after dropping the item.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also regarding trolls/griefing, we are seeing the problems and this will definitely be given some thought.

6.5 hours left!

Awesome, both fronts! Seems I might miss this Beta's ending. Too late for me.

Anyway, Town Hall level 3 GOT. Is amazing. EDIT: That means you people can make your homes in Mikhzhek!

Can the put item down button be changed to X or something that is not the same as the pickup button (O) or at least make it so you cannot pickup another item without the current item being dropped first so when dropping items at the bus I don't immediatley pickup another in its place?

Same goes for putting down items next to trees and end up shaking the tree immediatley after dropping the item.

This is something that was brought up back in February and I believe it was set up to prioritize picking up, but not 100% sure. Will mention again.

I like the game but too many monsters attack my city while Im away to wake up the next day without nothing. Q-games needs to balance it.

feedback to the devs on the game: - assuming dylan read gaf:

A) add huntable animals to the void islands so they're not so dead and the trip involves you only raiding them for resource and adds some life to the islands. But then food is the least difficult resource so not sure. Kill some pigs or something. chicken. Maybe they'll drop unlockables + Perks

B) ingame manual somewhere re: griefing/blueing/griefers and some sort of way to report/ban players based on play history. Griefers should drop levels.

C) upgradable backpack not through strength (1 slot maybe) and lower strength requirements. 10 is crazy. Auto store stuff to backpack and a way to individually drop things out of it. If need be.

D) world events other than monsters attacking would be great.

E) seasons?

F) to be honest, not sure why they even bother with the common pick axes etc. You'll mostly end up using comrade tools. They should add a tier that's a bit more powerful.

G) less pop uppy other characters. Can't they persist?

It's a great game, love seeing all the crazy islands that show up. I hope I can play more today before the beta ends.

A) add huntable animals to the void islands so they're not so dead and the trip involves you only raiding them for resource and adds some life to the islands. But then food is the least difficult resource so not sure. Kill some pigs or something. chicken. Maybe they'll drop unlockables + Perks

B) ingame manual somewhere re: griefing/blueing/griefers and some sort of way to report/ban players based on play history. Griefers should drop levels.

C) upgradable backpack not through strength (1 slot maybe) and lower strength requirements. 10 is crazy

E) seasons?

F) to be honest, not sure why they even bother with the common pick axes etc. You'll mostly end up using comrade tools. They should add a tier that's a bit more powerful.

It's a great game, love seeing all the crazy islands that show up. I hope I can play more today before the beta ends.

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think I've experienced this level of trolling in a game since Minecraft.

This is poorly implemented.

Not much time left, but here's the video from the stream/instructional vid we did on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp-bn_76Llw

Also regarding trolls/griefing, we are seeing the problems and this will definitely be given some thought.

6.5 hours left!

While it's good to see this it is also worth mentioning that the behavior might be due to the free beta. I would expect players that purchase the game to be more respectful. Regardless my town was decimated and this morning I was going through streams and most of their towns were too. It looks like someone went town to town destroying all we built.

p.s. while dev is in thread would love to see some clean up tools. In the floating island levels a lot of times a single miner will simply throw their loot down creating a giant mess and a new roll of cleaner. So a push broom or a wind blower or maybe even a tractor would be nice or maybe just a bag that can hold more items.

also less practical but a slide but would be cool less range than the drop down ladder, but could double a shoot for items / collection point. make the islands a playground with slides letting us get from floating block to block. they would also be one way unlike the ladder, but combo with it well.

While it's good to see this it is also worth mentioning that the behavior might be due to the free beta. I would expect players that purchase the game to be more respectful. Regardless my town was decimated and this morning I was going through streams and most of their towns were too. It looks like someone went town to town destroying all we built.

We ran into the problem in the closed betas as well, so it seems the proper solution is going to be bringing down the hammer and sickle a lot harder.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Haven't seen others mention it but I find the workshop/workbench extremely hard to place. It states it needs more space even though there is nothing around it. I've noticed many just drop it out in the middle of nowhere (likely due to this). Did not have the issue with other structures just the workshop/workbench.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's it for me. What a pleasure to play and build something along with GAF. Big thank you to Massive Duck for reading GAF and bearing with us haha.

wapplew

C) upgradable backpack not through strength (1 slot maybe) and lower strength requirements. 10 is crazy. Auto store stuff to backpack and a way to individually drop things out of it. If need be.

E) seasons?

G) less pop uppy other characters. Can't they persist?

No! You just delay the game for another year!

Great addition BTW.

Question for Massive Duck if you would be so kindly to answer.

Had a buddy try the game and he liked it. He asked me if in the future people on friends list would be able to see each other continuously as to help with coop. I was trying to show him some things in the game and we just had to keep blowing our whistle. Was very time consuming.

Also, are private towns a thing?

Qvoth

if it's reached open beta then i expect the game to be released within 6 months
probably early 2017 latest

anyway i still think it's a good idea to have quest markers on npc's that have quests for you
when you're in a big town and there's 10+ npcs running around, it's a big hassle to find each of them to see whether or not they have a quest for you, especially if your town isn't planned properly and everything is a maze

make it easier for people to know you can put metals into town hall to level it up

maybe put a limit on the number of buildings someone can craft, plenty of times someone who has no idea what he's doing just crafts a building that the town already owns and in doing so wastes a lot of resources

maybe make it so that putting stuff in the garbage bin (especially unbuilt buildings) gives you the resources back? if that's too much then maybe 50% of the resources spent on crafting it?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm was helping, we got it, but it doesn't look like it allows more residents. My papers still don't work. Next level 450 away.

That post was like from an hour ago haha, people already filled up all available spots.

Question for Massive Duck if you would be so kindly to answer.

Had a buddy try the game and he liked it. He asked me if in the future people on friends list would be able to see each other continuously as to help with coop. I was trying to show him some things in the game and we just had to keep blowing our whistle. Was very time consuming.

Also, are private towns a thing?

Nothing is planned for being able to permanently view friends or have private towns at the moment, but both are VERY frequent requests.

Top Bottom