• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Open Beta : All your base are belong to us

HiVision

When you feel unequipped for a particular situation, hit the up arrow on the d-pad and buy something from the blackmarket with your dollar bonus.

Wow this game is super complex. So overwhelming. I like it a lot

Im going to love digging into this

Id like to know my town better. Is there a max citizen count? Does it keep the same unique players?

I wish i could communicate with them all globally some how. Would be great to have a chat to try and help each other out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I know being mysterious and vague is a design choice, but even after trying the first beta I still don't know what is going on or how to really play. They give me the basics but when I go to find resources nothing is there to even mine.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What's the name of GAF Town 3.0? Joining the one from Cobaiye. Hope we're all going there!

If anyone is up for Asian Laurel_McFang and liminal18 on psn actually liminal18 it looks like. Riding the subway which is taking awhile. Not sure on latency there isn't a bets for Asia psn and I'm in Bangkok. We'll see. If you see me prepare to lag.. Lag comrads! Lag...

@timeffect the other players in your town shoild show up in play history. Used to use it to add other Blazblue players from psn.

First impressions: Don't like working for that dude, but you don't really work for that dude you collect resources. Graphics are amazing. Mechanics are ok, but not the best. Its more of a concept piece. Its extending of communist communalism to mmo space makes a point,but I think it might be the vapidness of the enterprise that is the greater problem. Make a billion ration coupons ok. The game is a pardoy of the skinner box grind in mmo and rewards your work better than many mmos. The tunneling mechanics do lead to surprising interplay I made a stairwell down a candy drop mountain. Its more of the idea behind and less the gameplay that is the draw and that might be the bigger issue its click and wait gameplay might allow for mmo-sized crowds, but it doesn't quite manage to become entertainment. Its more like a sim city grind, trying to solve problems etc.

Towns are small right? Like 50 people? This adds to the community feeling. But I wish I could chat in game. It seems like it would be helpful

If that takes away from the charm, then maybe a command list to make people work together better

People keep popping in and out of existence. Is that normal?

I do hope they make a small guide. I dont know if a lot of people will learn through practice, but I am enjoying tje novelty a lot

The art style and world is great. Id love some spin off single player game, as it reminds me a bit of Fallout. Very neat game

Cobaiye

I left Krekvka since everytime I'm trying to improve the town someone just waste ressources...

I'm in Mikhzhek now if you guys want to join.

FiggyCal

Banned
I had to stop playing. I have no idea what's going on and I don't like the presentation. The Russian guy who keeps calling is annoying.

I think I like the idea? Idk

Mathieran

Banned
Played it for about 2 hours so far. Seems pretty cool, have no idea what I'm doing which makes it pretty interesting, but the community stuff makes me anxious that I'm not doing well.

Also I've taken the bus to a site about 5 or 6 times and I've only seen 3 different looking locations. Hope the game has more to offer.

xviper

i have been playing for over 4 hours and i still can't find any black market money, i don't see anything on the ground, any one knows if this is a glitch or am i missing something ?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I missed this game a lot. So good.

This is my type of game. I'm a big fan of just collecting materials lol. Thats all I really did in Rust was gather stone and wood so I'm really enjoying the game :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What do I do to play with GAF peeps?

Add someone that is in GAF town to your friend's list. It's the easiest way.

My PSN ID is juanpipe.

EDIT: BTW, anyone remembers how to build your own house?

Joining that town right now.

To those playing for the first time, just do whatever and contribute. Dig, cut down, fight, do whatever until you grasp the mechanics. It's easy to get bogged down since the game is doing so much, but it's all about focusing on the greater good.

andylsun

Beta up already - have to work for the next few hours, but will then be online. Had great fun in GAFtown in the closed beta - and having a mic and headset really helped.

When you feel unequipped for a particular situation, hit the up arrow on the d-pad and buy something from the blackmarket with your dollar bonus.

I don't know how to get that money and from what I could tell, the bonus seems to be part of a beta given to players to play with. The items you get from it are really really good...so that makes me even more weary of spending it. I hope in the final version of the game this is not a real money currency. I'm holding onto as much as I can for the time being. Maybe I'll blow through it once the beta gets close to its end.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how to get that money and from what I could tell, the bonus seems to be part of a beta given to players to play with. The items you get from it are really really good...so that makes me even more weary of spending it. I hope in the final version of the game this is not a real money currency. I'm holding onto as much as I can for the time being. Maybe I'll blow through it once the beta gets close to its end.

The Freeman Dollars you use to buy blackmarket stuff and to bribe people is found in randomly in the ground, from what I can tell.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The heck is the town hall? I need to insert metal into it! Is it the subway entrance?

Se_7_eN

This game is extremely addicting... I don't know if it is the feeling of not knowing everything, or how relaxing the game is.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, finally found the Town Hall. We're getting there. My main objective for now.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I have the bad feeling that the bus is stuck. EDIT: Yep, it's stuck. Crap.

Near the island bus stops there is a drop off point. Is that just to dump resources for others to pick up and take off to town for the glory of all?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Working again!

Near the island bus stops there is a drop off point. Is that just to dump resources for others to pick up and take off to town for the glory of all?

Yes, comrade.

TalonJH

I really enjoyed playing it during the alpha and several betas. It seemed mostly done even back then(over a year ago). Nice to see they are still improving on it.

B00TE

From what I played of this so far, seems very neat! Still trying to figure stuff out though, like where I haul these chunks of whatevers I'm mining.

From what I played of this so far, seems very neat! Still trying to figure stuff out though, like where I haul these chunks of whatevers I'm mining.
You'll see an area to drop them in where the bus stop is. Just put them there so they can be loaded next time the bus comes around and they'll be taken back town to put in storage.

daveo42

Banned
Downloading now so I can hop on when I get home this evening. Been wanting to try this game for a long long time.

Ferr986

I really, really, really don't know wtf I'm doing. Just here chilling and minning a frigging Godzilla corpse but I'm not getting shit and my pickaxe breaks so fast.

B00TE

Huh, seem to get dc'd a lot when I'm using co-op actions.

You'll see an area to drop them in where the bus stop is. Just put them there so they can be loaded next time the bus comes around and they'll be taken back town to put in storage.

Thanks!

Top Bottom