• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

Been waiting for that too. They should at least have more to say about Nintendo than they did about Sony.

Sony's Conference gonna be booooooriiiiiiiing. (I bet.)

MS's conferences usually entertain me because of how horrible they are, but Sony's conference definitely bores me. I don't care about their first party line up or anything from them.

It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say because I'm pretty sure they've seen or at least heard of some Wii U and 3DS titles that will be shown at E3.

Izick

Likely all of Sony's new games are known about, and MS is likely to be kinect garbage, so Nintendo is the only hope to be actually interesting.

Likely all of Sony's new games are known about, and MS is likely to be kinect garbage, so Nintendo is the only hope to be actually interesting.

One dude here was bitching(he's not the only one) about Nintendo being shitty keeping secrets.

I see it the other way around.

E3 is the biggest gaming spectacle of the year, I want surprises and impact, not just known exciting titles.

HylianTom

Banned
I think MS will set a new standard for boring conferences if they don't show Durango

MS's conferences usually entertain me because of how horrible they are, but Sony's conference definitely bores me. I don't care about their first party line up or anything from them.

It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say because I'm pretty sure they've seen or at least heard of some Wii U and 3DS titles that will be shown at E3.

See.. this is why I don't trust MS or Sony when they say that they have no plans to show off new hardware at E3. They know that doing the same ol', same ol' for the sixth year in a row - even if it's Halo and Gods of Wars - is going to look downright boring next to the excitement of Flashy New Hardware!

One dude here was bitching(he's not the only one) about Nintendo being shitty keeping secrets.

E3 is the biggest gaming spectacle of the year, I want surprises and impact, not just known exciting titles.

Yeah, as I can't go there by myself, I hardly ever find myself excited for games that are already known. E3 is all about surprises for me, recently Nintendo 2010 really was what I wanna see.

Wanna hear a big potential megaton E3 reveal?

How about Fallout 4 (or even better a resurrected Van Burren), vastly updated engine and co-developed by Obsidian and Nintendo. Both top down and 3D gameplay using both screens, centered around starting to rebuild the new world after the bombs. Trailer with this song would make me spill my coffee!

That would be a amazing trailer and announcement. A Obsidian game with Nintendo polish...just imagine.

Linkhero1

See.. this is why I don't trust MS or Sony when they say that they have no plans to show off new hardware at E3. They know that doing the same ol', same ol' for the sixth year in a row - even if it's Halo and Gods of Wars - is going to look downright boring next to the excitement of Flashy New Hardware!

Their conferences are a joke. It's pretty easy to predict what MS is doing. I haven't watched Sony's E3 presentations since 2009 so I don't know if they've improved.

How about Fallout 4 (or even better a resurrected Van Burren), vastly updated engine and co-developed by Obsidian and Nintendo. Both top down and 3D gameplay using both screens, centered around starting to rebuild the new world after the bombs. Trailer with this song would make me spill my coffee!

That would be a amazing trailer and announcement. A Obsidian game with Nintendo polish...just imagine.

Why are you playing with my heart like this :(

Edit: Fallout 4 or a post-apocalyptic game developed by Obsidian are the only third party games I would ever beg for on the Wii U. I think it would be the best thing ever.

Izick

Agreed. The best E3 moments are reveals or announcements.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

You

Leave my head ok ?! :p

The writing/backgrounds/quality of dialogs/characters depth of Obsidian
With the gameplay/gamedesign/polishing/bug-"free"/we have 10 excuses for not having completing as we wanted our project-free of Nintendo

GameE

Thank god E3 is almost here, then the bad rumors and teases can end, and maybe this thread wont have 20 pages a day for me to catch up to :(

HylianTom

Banned
Their conferences are a joke. It's pretty easy to predict what MS is doing. I haven't watched Sony's E3 presentations since 2009 so I don't know if they've improved.

I'm very glad that Nintendo had their own so-horrible-that-they-had-to-apologize conference already. We pretty much know that they won't make the same mistake again.

Izick

And then I cry when I wake up and realize it will never happen.

BY2K

Membero Americo
pf8Ea.jpg

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Thank god E3 is almost here, then the bad rumors and teases can end, and maybe this thread wont have 20 pages a day for me to catch up to :(

But remember, unless the Wii U is released the day after E3 (Unlikely), there will still be massive hype and speculation - perhaps even more.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I don't think its a dodgy thread. People are entitled to dislike what Nintendo dished out. And it seems its being spread around for all platform holders

Yeah, I just meant in terms of "risk of getting people banned before E3"

axisofweevils

I've seen through your evil, master plan !

By linking all the potential malicious, villainous, troll-vortexious, banning-generatious threads, you push us to post there, maximizingious the chances for us to be punishedious, you vicious ! ><

LOL!

I'm very glad that Nintendo had their own so-horrible-that-they-had-to-apologize conference already. We pretty much know that they won't make the same mistake again.

Biggest problem was how cocky they became in 2007. I don't see that happening again soon. At least not this year. And even though the last conference was kinda underwhelming when it came to announcements, they still knew how to make a pretty good show out of it. Unlike 2009 when they actually good content ready but the presentation was still boring as sin.
I really can't see Nintendo having a disaster of a conference this year. (But at the end of the day you never really know with them either)

Kard8p3

So I beat Super Metroid last night, Zero Mission tonight, and tomorrow I'll beat Fusion. It would be nice if Nintendo provided me with a new Metroid (WiiU or 3DS) to beat later this year.

BlackJace

IGN has to go batshit insane this E3. I expect them to lead the onslaught of bad press for the Wii U.

There's literally no place that'll be safe, noooone.

japtor

What would go into a 512MB console OS? Look at what MS does with only 32MB.
Except all little things that make you exit out of a game.
Well, I don't think you can argue against the fact that Pokemon spin-offs have been pretty shitty until this point. I'd like to see more like Conquest, and less like Pokemon Typing DS.
Is that like a rail based Pokemon battler like Typing of the Dead? Cause I'd buy that.
Edit: looked it up...holy shit it really is a Typing of the Dead clone but with Pokemon.

jimi_dini

I never understood how this was such a negative for Nintendo. Reggie could sell me two cans and a string as an online gaming chat device.

me 2

I mean his "It's a box" quote is just right for the broader audience. It's about the software + the controller + the price. It's about what the software will deliver. The hardware is of course involved in that, but those details aren't relevant to the consumer. The consumer is only interested in the end result. If there is not enough great software, the hardware can be superb, but it won't matter in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom