• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has been delayed to May 19, 2015.

Good, more companies should do this, I rather they delay the game until they feel it is complete than play a broken game that needs like 3 patches to be fixed.

Disappointing as hell but hopefully this will mean the game will be free of any major bugs that seem to be plaguing AAA launched recently.

Grief.exe

Christ, Cyberpunk 2077 release date is now 2077

image.php

Didn't the Witcher 3 get delayed before?

quick edit: or maybe that was Batman AK.. I thought TW3 got delayed before.

TW3 was originally supposed to come out in 2014, but we all knew that was a bit optimistic.

Good, more companies should do this, I rather they delay the game until they feel it is complete than play a broken game that needs like 3 patches.

Especially with how stacked early 2015 is

REmake
Below (Go look up this game right now if you haven't heard of it)
Ori and the Blind Forest
Killing Floor 2 PC (?)
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2
Evolve
Witcher 3
GTAV
Majora's Mask 3D

The average game development cycle is around 4 years, that is 48 months.

3 months would equate to less than 5% of the entire development cycle, so I would argue that amount of time is for minor issues and polish.

In this case, when a developer is trying to ship a final product, they aren't going to make massive sweeping changes to the code. Just make enough commits to fix the errors that are there, then ship the project, clean up later.

How long in pre-production, how long in full production, etc.

RoKKeR

Hell yes! Will be done with the semester by then and will have at least a tiny bit of a summer break... Good deal CDPR, glad they are taking the time to get it right.

Dabanton

Wow I didn't see this. I've been on a media and news blackout for this. It does not strike me as very good. Who wants to bet we'll see a second delay. :(

So many games this year that shouldn't have been shown until they were really ready. Witcher 3, Arkham Knight. All that hype built up only to delay to 2015,then delay again.

Damm.

Devs please stop your PR departments fucking your shit up.

Wow, if that crunch rumor was true, I feel so bad for the team working on it, even MORE months of crunching.

OR... the cruch was killing them and not producing good results, so they delayed the release to give the team some room to breath.

Either way, it sucks, but it's probably necessary. I guess the lesson to be learned is not to set unrealistic release dates when you're so far from being finished.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
At least we seem to be getting a nice spread of games across the first half of the year, I would rather that than The Witcher, The Order and Bloodborne coming out at the same time.

Mortemis

Banned
In just a little while, February went from one of my most anticipated months to some irrelevant ass month where I'll probably be playing some really old game.

March looks like more hype for me.

And lol @ we're not newbies. Lmao.

RCSI

This is also second delay so it is practically 5+ months if we count that. I am not saying that it is a bad thing to delay game but obviously something is wrong with game.

I wonder if that is what the guy in the thread a few months back was referring to. Not the idea of downgrades or other hoopla, but the fact the game would not meet it's launch date again due to unfinished states of the game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Niche European RPG that won "most anticipated" prizes everywhere, from neogaf to Game Awards.
Witcher being the only open world RPG on the horizon makes it this gen's Oblivion.

"Most anticipated" awards. Oh my...

I'm not saying the game is going to bomb. I'm saying the number of people interested in both The Order and The Witcher 3 is a tiny sub-section of gamers. A delay to one isn't going to boost sales significantly for the other. There is no "breathing a sigh of relief" going on at SCE.

Zia

Well, at least people will have The Ord... ha, ahem... The Order to play until Bloodborne comes... bwahahahaha. No, no. I can't.

Shaddy

Neo Member
I’ve no problem with The Witcher 3 being delayed thus the devs have more time to debug and polish the game, thinking of AC Unity, Driveclub, HaloTMCC and so forth.

Auctopus

Knew it was too good to be true.

Ah well, at least it means that it'll be nice and polished, hopefully. Looks like The Order just got a new purchaser.

Top Bottom