• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has gone gold

Jsheldon

Excellent news. For those that haven't read the books yet....they are fantastic and complement the game material (as well as theoretically being a pre cursor).

ironcreed

Banned
I'm still debating getting this digitally or physical disc. Especially since on PSN it is discounted and I won't incur sale tax.

Any reason not to go digital guys?

That deal on PSN is what I went for. It's the best deal going for the console versions that I have seen.

"Once we were many. Now we are few. Hunters and killers of the worlds filth. Witchers, the ultimate killing machine. Among us there was a legend. The one they call Geralt of Rivia, The White Wolf."

IT'S ALMOST TIME! GERALT IS RETURNING!!!!!!!!!!!

4143893-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-HD.jpg

Alebrije

Ended Bloodborne this week and ready for W3 , peorder the game since the 1st day it was available.

And then after W3 will play DS2 remaster.

What a great year!!!!!

That deal on PSN is what I went for. It's the best deal going for the console versions that I have seen.

Yea I feel like my hand is about to be forced. I have $50+ in Amazon credit so I'll either buy it through Amazon or buy PSN cards on Amazon to buy it on PSN.

Dsyndrome

This keeps reminding me I need to hurry and finish Bloodborne, PoE, and Witcher 2 so I can play next month. Can't wait!

Facism

got this game cheap as shit 8 months ago.

Praying my system can play it decently at some level that doesn't look like smeared ass :D

Tovarisc

Probably. Strange that it is only 25 GB, versus the 50 GB for those of us who will be downloading the PS4 version.

Well, it has been reported to be that big.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/the-witcher-3-reportedly-has-50gb-install-on-ps4

I guess we will see soon enough. Hell, I hope it is a smaller size.

PSN site most likely isn't up to the date and even that IGN article seems to pull its facts from that PSN Store site.

What is that 25 GB? Size reported for X1 download? On PC it's 35 GB.

looking forward to the new sex scenes

Its good to have priorities :b

16h of sex mocap

julrik

Haven't played the first two in the series, but I'm still hyped!

PS4 or laptop (i7-4710HQ, 8GB RAM, 980M), though?

j-wood

I can't decide what system to get this on. I've played all the other witchers on my PC, but right now I only have a GTX 660, which is the min for witcher 3.

If I switch to PS4 version, I'll lose all my choices from W1 and W2....

ironcreed

Banned
PSN site most likely isn't up to the date and even that IGN article seems to pull its facts from that PSN Store site.

What is that 25 GB? Size reported for X1 download? On PC it's 35 GB.

25 GB is what is shown on the Xbox marketplace page for the game. Who knows? We will see soon enough.

Tovarisc

No reason they have to.

For most of the time no publisher or dev have good reason for release day embargo, but it just seems to be a thing. I can understand it from not wanting story spoilers floating around through reviews too far ahead of release.

If I switch to PS4 version, I'll lose all my choices from W1 and W2....

Witcher 3 has "Prologue" that tells you events of Witcher 1 & 2 and asks for your decisions at keypoints of those games so you get to customize Witcher 3's worldstate.

Ah god, the wait is going to be brutal.

On the bright side, my PC is fully upgraded and ready to (hopefully) max this baby out.

I've been looking forward to The Witcher 3 more than any other game this year. But man... I'm enjoying GTA5 a lot more than I expected to. TW3 has a tough act to follow. But if it delivers... I'll be glued to my PC for weeks.

please deliver... i took off 2 days from work for this!

j-wood

For most of the time no publisher or dev have good reason for release day embargo, but it just seems to be a thing. I can understand it from not wanting story spoilers floating around through reviews too far ahead of release.

Witcher 3 has "Prologue" that tells you events of Witcher 1 & 2 and asks for your decisions at keypoints of those games so you get to customize Witcher 3's worldstate.

Since 660 is the min req, would I basically have to run the game at low settings? Might as well get PS4 version if so, because I don't think I can upgrade my video card right now...

I'm so looking forward to this but I don't know how I'm going to find he time to really dive into it. Lol

From work, to getting my MBA, 2 kids...I'm screwed.

On my second playthrough of TW2 now and I'm trying to speed through it so I can see the other story line. And I still have Bloodborne I was playing...

Ahhhhhh!!

Top Bottom