• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

I'm a tiny bit worried tbh. Just a touch lol.
If it helps you at all, the game is already playable from start to finish according to recent interviews. There's just a lot of work involved to make it playable for the public from start to finish. Probably a lot more side quest work too I'd imagine.

Drake

Well, this has got to be great news for Bioware. I'm absolutely getting DA:Inq now. I'll need an RPG to fill the void until TW3 comes out.

I guess this is good news if you planned to release a game with RPG elements during the same time frame in 2014. Now your likely biggest competitor for a particular audience is out of the picture.

I just said HOLY SHIT out loud reading that thread title.

So basically Dark Souls 2 is the main competition for best RPG of 2014? Just predicting, haven't played it yet.

Grief.exe

At least not on PC :p

Optimizing for consoles, its understandable to have to downgrade some of the textures, effects, resolution, frame rate, etc.

CDPR is, primarily, a PC lead company and our mid-range GPUs have already lapped the maximum power output of both the PS4 and XBO. No reason to show that CDPR wouldn't support that kind of potential.

FACE

Banned
I just said HOLY SHIT out loud reading that thread title.

So basically Dark Souls 2 is the main competition for best RPG of 2014? Just predicting, haven't played it yet.

There's Divinity Original Sin, Might and Magic X, Wasteland 2 and possibly Pillars of Eternity.

There's Divinity Original Sin, Might and Magic X, Wasteland 2 and possibly Pillars of Eternity.

Why are people forgetting DAI? It looks awesome and sounds great based on all the information coming out about it. I don't think anyone can deny when Bioware gets time to make a game they make nothing short of masterpieces. With over 3 years in development, they have no excuse but to make a great game this time around.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why are people forgetting DAI? It looks awesome and sounds great based on all the information coming out about it. I don't think anyone can deny when Bioware gets time to make a game they make nothing short of masterpieces. With over 3 years in development, they have no excuse but to make a great game this time around.
No one is forgetting DAI. No one is also forgetting DA2, SWTOR and ME3

UrbanRats

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well...maybe DA:I will be good.
Right, guys?

The 30 min gameplay demo looked very good to me, though i haven't played past games, i know the first one at least was a good game.

I don't think one stinker out of three is enough to taint the whole franchise forever.

Ultimadrago

disappointedpysfm.gif

There's almost no other RPGs to look forward to this year.

That sucks. Did the Division get pushed back yet? If not I'm expecting that as well, there's literally only one game I'm for sure buying this year after this delay and that's inFamous.

NBA 2K15, The Order, and Destiny are all wait and see's.

dr_rus

What wat? 2014 is a barren wasteland in gaming right now. There is nothing interesting announced on the horizon that is still coming in 2014. Well, maybe The Order but I need to see more of it before I'll decide to jump in. Everything else are either straight uninspiring sequels or coming in 2015+.

No one is forgetting DAI. No one is also forgetting DA2, SWTOR and ME3

To each their own I guess. I can understand the disappointment on DA2 but I think that was a different circumstance with a game on barely a year dev cycle. It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Not better than DAO for sure but it's still an OKAY game. I thought ME3 was a fantastic game even with the original endings. I actually prefer those endings to the EC because I could've imagined how I wanted certain things to happen rather than the game visualizing it for me and basically being done their way. I'd much rather imagine it myself since after all, the games were largely based on us making choices and shaping our story. Never played SWTOR outside beta.

I personally don't look at the past on a dev. If a game looks amazing it looks amazing. DAI looks and sounds amazing. If I had the mindset the previous game in a franchise sucked and I'm not playing another one then I never would've discovered how awesome Far Cry 3 was. FC2 was a steaming pile of dung. I'm just hoping Witcher 3 can be everything they promise and same with DAI. I was seeing this as one of the best years for RPGs in recent years but it seems to be dwindling quite a bit and it looks like more games will be delayed.

That sucks. Did the Division get pushed back yet? If not I'm expecting that as well, there's literally only one game I'm for sure buying this year after this delay and that's inFamous.

NBA 2K15, The Order, and Destiny are all wait and see's.

I'm not sure if it did but Amazon changed my pre-order information on that game to 2015 so I'm almost fully expecting a delay on that unfortunately. I just hope Destiny doesn't get delayed...otherwise this fall is going to turn into a disaster for me personally if that, DAI and Obsidian's KS get delayed...which it's a strong possibility all 3 do based on how this year is going...

Bioware is a bad word now.

valouris

This is how you announce a delay, as soon as you realize you are going to need more time, not as close to release as possible. It is easier on the eager fans awaiting the game as well as the team working on it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
To each their own I guess. I can understand the disappointment on DA2 but I think that was a different circumstance with a game on barely a year dev cycle. It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Not better than DAO for sure but it's still an OKAY game. I thought ME3 was a fantastic game even with the original endings. I actually prefer those endings to the EC because I could've imagined how I wanted certain things to happen rather than the game visualizing it for me and basically being done their way. I'd much rather imagine it myself since after all, the games were largely based on us making choices and shaping our story. Never played SWTOR outside beta.

I personally don't look at the past on a dev. If a game looks amazing it looks amazing. DAI looks and sounds amazing. If I had the mindset the previous game in a franchise sucked and I'm not playing another one then I never would've discovered how awesome Far Cry 3 was. FC2 was a steaming pile of dung. I'm just hoping Witcher 3 can be everything they promise and same with DAI. I was seeing this as one of the best years for RPGs in recent years but it seems to be dwindling quite a bit and it looks like more games will be delayed.
You asked why people aren't mentioning it (even though some are). I'm telling you it's because of their suspect recent efforts may have burned people and DAI is now a wait and see game and they are unwilling to ride the hype train

Top Bottom