• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

Nibel

ibtQVtJ8RAHXwm.gif

Oh that's a shame, I was looking forward to... oh wait, no I wasn't.

Then why the fuck do you post here?

SiRatul

Man, what a bummer. But it's good I guess. More time for the them to make it an outstanding game and one less game to distract me from my thesis this fall.

Pro

Yes, actually. No game with last-gen development happening will take full advantage of the benefits X1 and PS4 have over PS3/360. The devs can be ambitious, but only to a certain extent of the word. Current-gen console owners are in the position PC gamers were in with PS3/360; sure your console is 10x faster, but all you get is a prettier and better performing version of the game.

With a whole extra year now, I wonder if they will be able to take more advantage of the PS4 hardware though? I'm curious to see how the PC version will compare with the PS4. If they can get the PS4 version running faster and looking smoother I'm all for the delay. Normally I'd just go PC all the way, but Tomb Raider Definitive Edition had me rethinking...

hellboy69

Neo Member
not really upset since it will give the team more time to polish the game.

but disappointed since it is my most anticipated game

kamspy

It's already March. It would have to be pretty much wrapped up.

Seems too soon. A lot of 2014 announcements feel too soon now that it's actually 3/14. And in a weird way where I'm not mad at the dev for missing the date. The year seemed to really creep up on everyone.

Time flies.

Vibranium

Banned
Take your time CDPR, take your time! :)

I will wait for anything they've got in the pipeline, it's all good. Polish and optimization are important!

Vibranium

Banned
Nooo! I'm not even sad for Witcher 3. I'm sad for what this means for Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be fine, it's just a very ambitious game that CD Projekt are obviously pouring their heart into besides TW3. It's not going to be a Duke Nukem Forever situation, their people are infinitely better than 3DRealms/Gearbox with that game.

It just takes patience :)

Vibranium

Banned
George Broussard just shed a single tear and doesn't know why.

I'm guessing you're joking, but I don't mean to offend George (I dig Duke 3D) or anything. The mess with Forever went beyond poor management and planning though, tons of very questionable design decisions.

Maybe their members can bounce back.

friday

What a bummer, but I also expected this to release before the fall, which was never the plan anyways it seems. It's hard to be upset about this one though, given how often games are pushed out too soon these days. Good to see are willing to push things back instead of under delivering.

Faustek

Sigh, they don't learn do they?

The console release last time nearly killed them. This time around they can probably manage but why not stand to your word and ignore the consoles and release in your own turf and release the console versions later? But then again I'm no marketing expert.

Yes it's pretty clear that they might be overstretched and the consoles aren't up to the task.

Ambient80

Gotta have time to downgrade those graphics!!

I kid I kid. But srsly, this gives me time to build an amazeballs PC before it is released. Game looks crazy ambitious, and I hope they can keep everything looking and playing great.

Faustek

Same month as I turn
sob.

Oh well, by then my PC will be ready!

Well perfect birthday.

First your friends kidnap you, force you to wear something humiliating, think superman boxers atop of a pink wrestling suite, force you to drink until you can speak a dead language and finally two/three days later you'll wake up to Witcher 3.

Perfect.

More time for me to save up for a new PC, more time for optimization.
Well I am good with that.

Let this be a finale we can never forget, CDPR, I have my whole faith in the world in you.

Well perfect birthday.

First your friends kidnap you, force you to wear something humiliating, think superman boxers atop of a pink wrestling suite, force you to drink until you can speak a dead language and finally two/three days later you'll wake up to Witcher 3.

Perfect.
Sounds kind of awesome to me.

HeelPower

Thanks, yeah I know this is the company line but it sounds a bit like PR fluff to me. 2 really important people left the company under grayish circumstances and I wouldn't expect CD Projekt to come out and publicly say that it has hurt development of the game.

I'm a tiny bit worried tbh. Just a touch lol.

Of course he will say that.

Anyway, this is badgood news...or goodbad.

well I agree.There is no way for that to have not affected development.
Two critical people leaving a relatively small dev team working on a giant game.

Blastoise

Banned
Very very disappointed about this. I'm too pissed off about everything getting delayed. I wish people would only announce games around a month before release.

Nokterian

I don't mind either take all the time you need CDPR..really how more polish there is on The Witcher 3 the better my poor GTX780 will know its faith next year when playing it.

Ass. That sucks I just hope they end the game well. I'm sick of playing excellent story games that end up with them killing the protagonist.

Top Bottom