• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

Laieon

I have 0 interest in the game (art looks nice, but the combat in the previous games always looked bad to me), but it sucks for people who were looking forward to it. :(

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
DukeNukemForever.jpg

Man that's a rough decision. As a gamer, it's all good, I want it to be perfect. As a shareholder, I'd be real mad. Why miss the xmas season by two months? That's absolutely brutal from a business perspective. Best of luck to them though, their games so far have been brilliant. Guess those of us expecting it should dig in, it's going to be a long year. Perhaps the Durante 2014 Year of the RPG thread needs to be amended? 2015 year of the rpg's? Just kidding.

Joco

I understand they need to take time to make the game as good as they can but I can't say I'm not disappointed. Especially since now Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it probably won't see the light of day until 2016.

spikex

Banned
Wow it looks like as games get more advanced that development times are rising as well. Does that mean big budget games are becoming even more of a risk to make?

phierce

I can hear the celebratory champagne bottles being popped over at EA/Bioware all the way from here.
Without a doubt.

DA: Inquisition better step it up and really deliver now that they have the entire stage.

I'm looking forward to both games, but having to wait more sucks ass.

inm8num2

Assuming Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, and others don't slip further as well =P. I mean the actual release dates, not the early access.

WL2 should be a lock as it's been in beta for some time. Pillars of Eternity will probably slip to 2015 as well, though.

Still, some amazing stuff for RPGs coming up!

Arthea

I'm OK with this, 2014 seems packed already, and if they'll make a game better, I'm not one to complain about it.
It makes me wonder how long we'll wait for Cyberpunk though...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So want this right now, but getting a better game is way more important. I'd settle for a Witcher Collection of sorts but doubt that's going to happen. :(

Skelter

Banned
Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and others will fill the void until TW3 comes out. :)

Hey now don't you dare forget Divinity: Original Sin that is coming out this year right?

But yea at least this year is filled with some fantastic RPG's for me to play.

RedSwirl

Man, I don't even know what games I'm gonna buy for sure in 2014 now: Dark Souls 2, Smash Bros., and... ? How much can really be announced at E3 that will make 2014?

A perfectly good example of a game that should have been delayed, or just not released at all.

Honestly, judging by how it turned out, I think DNF would have been decently-received had it been released around 2005 or early 2006.

I'm fine with this. More pumped for Dragon Age anyway. As flawed and obviously rushed as Dragon Age 2 was, I still had more fun with it than the Witcher 2 and I'm confident Bioware have learned from their mistakes and are going to deliver with the new one.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Wow 'next gen' gaming has really got off to a roaring start... and I bet there will be one or two more big name delays announced between now and the 3rd quarter of the year. I'm personally really disappointed I won't be playing Witcher 3 in 2014 but I'd rather it was super-polished (no pun intended) than released in a less than ideal state.

Grief.exe

Assuming Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, and others don't slip further as well =P. I mean the actual release dates, not the early access.

Wasteland 2 should be fully releasing pretty quickly here. Beta is well under way and significant progress has already been made.

RedSwirl

Yeah I just went through VGreleases, and my entire "definite" pile of 2014 game purchases now consists of Dark Souls 2, Smash Bros (if it makes 2014), and a bunch of indie games. And I guess Bravely Default.

There's some stuff in the "maybe" pile or the "during a Steam sale" pile, but the list of games I currently plan to buy at full retail price in 2014 is literally three games so far.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Kind of pissed off about this. I thought there was no way in fuck the game would ship this year, then they promised it would so I believed them. Clearly I was right to begin with.

Shengar

Unfortunate news, but I want them the to take as much time as possible to polish it. I don't mind with delay as long as they not trapped themselves within development limbo like some games.

Some Nobody

I'm now comfortable with 2015 having a lot of the games I really want. (I'm betting X comes out then in America, and probably XV too. Also The Division, being realistic.)

There are still a ton of games for me, this was just a key interest. Still up on the 2014 list:
Smash Bros., Destiny, The Order: 1886, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Lords of the Fallen, maaaaaybe Uncharted 4. All of which will hit from August to December.

...If I'm being honest, even when this comes out in February I may not have time to play it.

I'm not even mad.
Actually I'm happy to see developers take the time they need to finish a game and not rush it. So many developers are pushed in a tight schedule these days and sometimes the results end up being half-baked and unpolished.

Ship when it's absolutely ready, CDPR. You're doing the right thing.

But what will become of Cyberpunk 2077? It had a 2015 release date..

tears in rain ;_;

It didn't. There wasn't any release date for Cyberpunk 2077 announced. People just assumed it was 2015. But CDPR haven't said anything in fact.

G0DLIKE

Good stuff, CD Projekt. Looking forward to it.

I'm not even mad.
Actually I'm happy to see developers take the time they need to finish a game and not rush it. So many developers are pushed in a tight schedule these days and sometimes the results end up being half-baked and unpolished.

!

Teddified

It was slated for the holidays? Man I'm kinda glad it moved back a little, since that's just too many games for me to buy October-November.

Gives me time to get enough money to upgrade my PC a little so I can finally play Witcher 2.

As CD Projekt Red's first open-world game (and an incredibly ambitious one at that), The Witcher 3 absolutely needs to be as polished and fine-tuned as it can be. So I'm fine with waiting until next year. Take all the time you need, CDPR.

Just confirm Ciri already and I can die happy.

Some Nobody

I'm not even mad.

It didn't. There wasn't any release date for Cyberpunk 2077 announced. People just assumed it was 2015. But CDPR haven't said anything in fact.

This is correct. And, as a side note, wasn't CP2077 being worked on by a different team?

Some Nobody

Yes, but the CP team is still much smaller at the moment, so I'd assume many will be pitching in once their Witcher duties are officially done.

Certainly. But I've still got a feeling we'll see it either late 2015 or early 2016. I doubt there'll be much of a delay to the game.

Demon Ice

Banned
I'm sad but I'm also happy that they're not compromising on quality. After the state BF4 shipped in, my views on game delays has shifted drastically. Take all the time you need, CDPR.

Top Bottom