• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 pushed back to February 2015

Yaoibot

I'd rather play Lords of the Fallen on account of it being a new IP. Always nice to have something fresh, as comfortable and polished as familiar franchises can be. Its good that other games will have a bit of breathing room in the fall now.

Castef

Banned
Sad news on one side.

On the other side, there is plenty of games coming out in the next months, I can wait without problem.

I prefer them to fully develop their vision of the game instead of rushing it. Good choice.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'm honestly happy about it.

Makes me less fatigued to play another WRPG. Assuming Dragon Age 3 comes out this year.

I'm excited for both, but playing both so close to one another would make me tired.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This isn't really surprising.

Agreed. I would've loved to see the game release this year but the fact CDPR was unwilling to constrict the release window to something less vague than "2014" gave me reason to believe it'd slip.

Marvel

could never
Good!

I'm sick of developers thinking they can release a broken game and
maybe
patch it later when they have their DLC money.

That was a very well written letter to the fans, CD Projekt is a class act. Although it sucks that it's getting delayed, I'm willing to wait. What I've seen so far looks amazing.

Levyne

Banned
It was too far out for me to really be anticipating it much anyway. I am bummed out but it doesn't really upset me or anything.

El_Chino

Another one bites the dust :/

Could this be related in anyway to DX12 also? Since I guess they'll have to implement that into the game also.

Yonafunu

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

R3TRODYCE

Probably delayed it to get anisotropic filtering in the PS4 version, I kid. I'm fine with the delay since I already have a big list of buys for the year.

Yaoibot

why do i feel like this whole entire generation is going to be filled with delays like this?

Most likely because all signs point to MS being ready to launch in 2014 and not last year. Not to mention Sony pulled a bait-and-switch with that interview with Kaz early on in 2013 where they telegraphed to MS that they weren't rushing into next gen, and that better hardware was fine if it came last to market or something. I'm paraphrasing, but I'll see if I can dredge up the interview.

As a result all this stuff was theoretically planned for around 2015, so that's when we'll see most of it. Even Sony was scrambling with hardware designs and now, we see, software too, they just wanted to get the jump on their competitor.

Mdot

Bummer, but if it makes for a better game in the end, go for it. Destiny will keep me busy in the time being.

Perfect! Won't effect my Batman time. I love AAA games spread throughout the calendar. Feubuary is usually a dry month. Just hope they don't delay it again. This is what is best for the industry. CD Projekt will be able to get more sales not having to go up against Destiny, Uncharted, Smash Brothers, and Batman.

Jack cw

Another one bites the dust :/

Could this be related in anyway to DX12 also? Since I guess they'll have to implement that into the game also.

Dont think so. CDP is a small developer so it takes more time to build this ambitious game. Bethesda basically worked 5 years on Skyrim. Just to give you a perspective.

Top Bottom