• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Woohoo, time to give those new GPUs a workout.

Holiday Monday for me, although it'll be unlocking just as I would have gotten home from work anyway. Extra prep time I guess!

Hell yeah.

tumblr_n4q4dr8xQJ1r7konko1_400.gif

Gorgeous OT, thanks OP!

I can't believe that my small vacations ends the same day the launches !I couldn't have possibly timed it worse.

Game installed. Witcher 2 saves have been copied to the appropriate folder. All set! I don't know if I will be productive at work tomorrow.
Oh shit, I need to copy my Witcher 1/2 saves across too. Is there info on which files go where? I can probably figure it out, but if someone already did the work for me I won't complain.

The download speeds for me on GOG Galaxy floated around 5-20Mb, but did hit 100Mb in the end. The interface makes it seem like you can't resume, but then it goes ahead and resumes.

When I found out you can hold the button down to have Geralt travel on horse automatically or with the other riders/following the road, much like in RDR. I smiled big time. Great small little addition. This game is special. I can feel it already.

Hmmm, so my memory and information is wrong then? Is it possible that there were two different ways it could have turned out?

I think there were still Witchers away from the castle at the time but everyone else that was at the castle during the attack died?

If it's a mistake I'll fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCCgPQk3LN0

From 13:50 you can see the witchers burning Leo and setting out in different directions. Hopefully we'll see them all back in TW3.

Hawk269

Great OT OP!!! Great Job!

I am getting the Limited Collectors Edition for Xbox One, but also getting it on PC to play at 4k! Cannot wait till Tuesday!

Jtrizzy

So how is Amazon in terms of sending promo keys? I just got my second 970 yesterday, ordered it on thursday but it says 5-7 days after you order. If I bug customer support will that expedite the process? Really want to play this tomorrow night.

Hagi

Awesome OP!

I just read House of Glass earlier today so it's really cool to know that Leshen are in the game. Hoping for some Bruxia as well.

frontovik

Banned
Good job with the OT.

Just to double-check about the various threads, what's the key difference between this one and the Community thread?

iNvid02

i appreciate the witcher 2 save file man,
iirc aryan lavalette got wasted again on my second playthrough too.

Philippo

I'm really conflicted:

On one hand, fuck yes i'm getting the game tomorrow!
On the other hand, i'll have to wait until early July to play the game, i don't want to play it during my exam session as i wouldn't be able to enjoy it at its deepest (ie; 7 hours long marathons).

But hey, it's been a long wait and our favourite Gwynbledd is finally back!

Mifec

Awesome OP!

I just read House of Glass earlier today so it's really cool to know that Leshen are in the game. Hoping for some Bruxia as well.

Well there is a Bruxa in the cinematic trailer they released a few days ago so I hope they are in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does this unlock tomorow or Tuesday?

Very excited for this game. I have read the books and they are great, not being able to play the Witcher before kinda bummed me but I'm happy that this is now releasing on Sony territory too. Can't wait to dive in!

TheFatMan

Legendary OT is Legendary! Great job though for real.

That said I now have something to read and follow for the next 24 hours until I can finally play!

DNAbro

Excited to try this. Never played a Witcher game and if it's as good as everyone says it is I'll have my next contender for GOTY.

Cabal

Wow what an OT! Nice job!

I've been playing Witcher 2 and honestly I don't think I've been this excited to play a game in a while. Bloodborne was close but honestly my hype is through the roof for this one.

Does this unlock tomorow or Tuesday?

Q. When will the game launch?
A. The game is due to be released simultaneously world-wide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 19, 2015. Below are the exact time's in each time zone the game will be released.
- May 19th, 12 AM UTC
- May 19th, 12 AM GMT
- May 19th, 1 AM CET (France, Germany, England Spain etc.)
- May 19th, 9 AM AEST (Melbourne, Australian East Coast etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EST (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 5 PM PDT (Los Angeles, US Western Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EDT (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)

Depends where you are. I've got this as correct as I could manage... I think.

Mifec

This will move to community one month after release.

Anyone figured out how they're going to make today go faster?

I just destroyed my sleep schedule so I'll wake up a few hours before the game is out once I go to sleep. marathoning House of Cards s2 until I go to bed.

Leeness

I think I want to get this even though I haven't played Witcher 1 or 2, but PSN is down... If it's not back up by tomorrow when the slightly cheaper price ends ($62.99 v $69.99), I think I'll have to wait until a price drop :( Really I should anyway but at least $7 off feels better lol

Godspeed PSN.

I just destroyed my sleep schedule so I'll wake up a few hours once I go to sleep. marathoning House of Cards s2 until I go to bed.

Actually, I've still got the last 5 episodes of Breaking Bad that I've been saving for an occasion such as this exact thing... Very good sir.

Hagi

Well there is a Bruxa in the cinematic trailer they released a few days ago so I hope they are in.

Black Blood is a confirmed potion in the game, so there are definitely vampire types in there somewhere.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I can see me just straight up hunting things when I get the game. SO happy this is open world, which is something I never say these days. I really love the setting and this is the kind of game it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom