• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

woen

v13w6E.gif

The Witcher's Creed : 120m cliff edition

I skimmed through the OP and didn't see the answer to this, so excuse me if it is there, but where would be the best place to get caught up on the world and its history without spoiling the game itself? I'm very eager to play this, but I want to have a firm understanding on everything leading up to this game.

Gaz_RB

The wait for this has been rough.

Been modding Skyrim to make it more like the Witcher, but it's not the same. My character, Gazalt of Rivia, just isn't as cool.

The fact that this game has (supposedly) better combat than TW2, more monster hunting, and a more personal story has me really excited. Those were my biggest issues with TW2. I loved TW1, but was disappointed in the lack of monster hunting and the fact that I didn't feel the story was nearly as good. (Which is my subjective opinion of course.)

I'm also super excited that
Vesemir and the other witchers from TW1 will be back. I just replayed the opening of TW1 and I really like those characters. I was sad when they never showed up for the rest of the game or in TW2.

I skimmed through the OP and didn't see the answer to this, so excuse me if it is there, but where would be the best place to get caught up on the world and its history without spoiling the game itself? I'm very eager to play this, but I want to have a firm understanding on everything leading up to this game.

Click on the Witcher Retrospective images in the op. Great videos.

kamicowzi

Banned
Awesome OT man!!

I am so damned excited for this game. My girlfriend knows I love this world, and she surprised with all of the English translated books for my birthday earlier this year so I am wayyyy more immersed in the lore of the world so I am looking forward to seeing how many nods to the books I recognize in this game.

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time...hell I have a Wicther t-shirt ready to be rocked when I fire this game up tomorrow at 1800. My kid will officially know her dad is a huge huge nerd. :)

The wait for this has been rough.

Been modding Skyrim to make it more like the Witcher, but it's not the same. My character, Gazalt of Rivia, just isn't as cool.

When I first played Skyrim I tried to more or less make a witcher. Wish I had kept some screenshots.

Jsheldon

I read all the books last fall and borrowed an Xbox 360 to play TW2. Just under 24 hours until the preload becomes a playable digital game. Can't wait :)

Will do, thanks!

EDIT: Haha, seems so obvious now that I now where to look. Must not have loaded all the images when I was looking earlier.

Haha, that's what I thought too.

Check Witcher Lore Series out if you haven't seen it.

I guess I'm all aboard the hype train; just got this done on my arm earlier today

Think CDPR will give me some swag? Lol

Hahah, awesome. You should tweet it at them or put it up on the Reddit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Depends where you are. I've got this as correct as I could manage... I think.

England (and Portugal btw) are not the same as the rest of Europe like you say mate, they are 1 hour earlier :)

Frillen

I've played the game for over 10 hours now and I've barely scratched the surface. The Novigrad/No man's land map is scary huge.

And I'm only level 5 lol.

Great OT! My hype is through the roooooof!!! In less than 24 hours I will be playing after what seemed an eternity. This last week has been especially brutal - it feels like everyone already has the game but me :p

Difficulty impressions, please?

I'm playing on normal difficulty (second option). It was still pretty hard after the first area. You'll need to find better weapons or armor and do lots of sidequests to level up your character. But I'm still Level 9 after 23 hours, lol. This game is huge.

Gbraga

I've played the game for over 10 hours now and I've barely scratched the surface. The Novingrad/No man's land map is scary huge.

Is it visually varied, though? Most screenshots I've seen all look the same. I assume it's because they're all from the start of the game, but you never know, it's easy for open world games to suffer from that.

I'm playing on normal difficulty (second option). It was still pretty hard after the first area. You'll need to find better weapons or armor and do lots of sidequests to level up your character. But I'm still Level 9 after 23 hours, lol. This game is huge.

Nice, good to know.

I was on the fence about buying this day one, but really wanted it due to hype as well as how amazing it looks.

What tipped me over the edge was discovering earlier today that it will unlock around 7 pm ET tomorrow for digital purchases rather than midnight. About half way done preloading on steam now and can play shortly after getting home from work tomorrow evening.

I know it will likely run on low-ish settings since my system isn't terribly much over minimum.

Oh shit, I need to copy my Witcher 1/2 saves across too. Is there info on which files go where? I can probably figure it out, but if someone already did the work for me I won't complain.

The download speeds for me on GOG Galaxy floated around 5-20Mb, but did hit 100Mb in the end. The interface makes it seem like you can't resume, but then it goes ahead and resumes.

I had Steam Clouds Saves turned on for Witcehr 2. I bought Wticher 3 for GOG.

So I moved my saves from

<steam install folder>\userdata\<steam_id>\20920\remote

TO

My Computer\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves\

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This game is enormous.

The map is MASSIVE and there's so much to do. Amazing.

Reminds me of RDR too.

Raven77

Quick questions:

Have any major sized cities NOT been shown in any released media yet? I am wondering if any other sprawling cities are waiting to be seen for the first time.

Are there any zones / areas that we have also never seen yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom