• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Isn't the recap I posted the one EatChildren made??

Edit: Didn't mean to quote this twice lol

I meant this:

story_recap_witcher6wkfg.png

Zolo

The fact that this game has (supposedly) better combat than TW2, more monster hunting, and a more personal story has me really excited. Those were my biggest issues with TW2. I loved TW1, but was disappointed in the lack of monster hunting and the fact that I didn't feel the story was nearly as good. (Which is my subjective opinion of course.)

I'm also super excited that
Vesemir and the other witchers from TW1 will be back. I just replayed the opening of TW1 and I really like those characters. I was sad when they never showed up for the rest of the game or in TW2.

Play Price of Neutrality (mod that comes with Witcher: EE) if you can.

Corpekata

Banned
Quick questions:

Have any major sized cities NOT been shown in any released media yet? I am wondering if any other sprawling cities are waiting to be seen for the first time.

Are there any zones / areas that we have also never seen yet?

There's one zone where when someone posted a picture of it a reviewer said "I'm surprised you posted that" in response to it, so at the very least there's one area that's not had a ton of media about it.

Mifec

Quick questions:

Have any major sized cities NOT been shown in any released media yet? I am wondering if any other sprawling cities are waiting to be seen for the first time.

Are there any zones / areas that we have also never seen yet?

Unless you watched the streams you didn't see much Oxenfurt and Novigrad. Don't know of any other big cities.

As for zones, yep there are ones we have not seen.

Kajiba

My Collectors edition delivers on Wednesday. Going to enjoy Destiny all tuesday and play Witcher 3 all Wednesday.

What a good week this is going to be.

Nick_C

Just put 150 hours into DA:I and I can't wait to dig in to this. It's supposed to be a birthday gift but maybe I can talk my girlfriend into giving it to me early.

WAIT TILL HE DROPS HIS FUCKING GUARD

First thing I'm gonna do is get into a bar fight for the npc dialog. Kinda hyped for the other stuff too. Kinda

Yeul

I need to find my Witcher 2 buddies in the game, but the game is so massive that I know it's going to take forever lmao.

owlbeak

Fuck yes! Great OT post, OP!

Cannot wait for Tuesday at 11am when my copy gets delivered. Taking a half day and then Wednesday off from work to dive in. Bought Witcher 1 and 2 the days they came out and have played them multiple times and have read the books. I fucking love this series. :D :D

Juanfp

What a great OT. Tomorrow will be great.

Right now I am reading the books, I think I can finish them in two weeks

dcassell

Banned
So ready for this. After beating Bloodborne, I've had trouble starting anything else in anticipation for this time sink.

Gonna study early in the day for my final on Tuesday, and then this is all mine. Can't believe it's here.

Dinjoralo

I've still got my save from The Witcher 2. I hope that using the Combat Rebalance mod hasn't screwed it up in any way that'd make it nontransferable.

Daverid

Don't have to think it, legit is RDR fantasy edition in a sense. The only game that has ever given me the same feeling RDR did since release. These don't come often. Enjoy it.

As a "feeling", this is fantastic, RDR did a lot right.
However RDR lacked depth in a lot of ways and its mission structure was very repetitive. I do hope that TW3, especially being an RPG, will generally have more depth, and do a better job at providing varied quests/missions.

As a "feeling", this is fantastic, RDR did a lot right.
However RDR lacked depth in a lot of ways and its mission structure was very repetitive. I do hope that TW3, especially being an RPG, will generally have more depth, and do a better job at providing varied quests/missions.

While I can only speak of the first few hours, I feel the mission varied is great so far. Will see if that continues.

Altairre

I'm in the second area now and I think I'm just going to follow the main quest for now since I come across mobs that are way above my level in every direction I go. I do have a monster contract that's just two levels above mine so maybe I'll try that. Got a sweet new silver sword from a chest before the monster guarding it (a lvl 14 basilisk) could get to me though so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Is blood in the water still a thing? I was watching one of their old videos of Geralt fighting a water hag and when she'd get chopped or lose blood in the water you could see it floating in the water. I haven't noticed it in recent media. Is it still in?

Just finished the Witcher 2 for the first time about an hour ago!

Game was legit amazing, I'm sooo pumped. The new PC I just built for this is ready.

Mifec

Is blood in the water still a thing? I was watching one of their old videos of Geralt fighting a water hag and when she'd get chopped or lose blood in the water you could see it floating in the water. I haven't noticed it in recent media. Is it still in?

Nope it doesn't stain the water :(

Any chance Amazon will deliver the gave tomorrow instead of Tuesday given the actually release date is the 18th for many timezones?

tuxfool

Banned

I don't think so. Blood decals also were supposed to be cut, but then they turned around and said that they were looking at fixing it. Does anybody know if blood decals on the floor are still in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom