• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

Air

Banned
Ok. I'm not big into making threads, but this game is my most anticipated Wii U title of the year and I want everybody to know more about it. It's Platinum on a nintendo system doing whatever it is they want (or are contractually obligated to do), which ended up being a culmination of Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin, going by the videos.

It is not a strategy game. It is a high-octane-shrivel-the-hairs-on-your-balls action game. The type that Platinum is known for. Unfortunately the first reveal of the game was poorly received, but I think it looks to be the strongest title the Wii U has to offer. Here's some media to inform you about this glorious bastard child of a game (You know nothing neogaf).

Release date is September 15.

Edit: I will continue to update the op as I find or receive new media. Always check this thread. ALWAYS.
Edit 2: the more gifs the better guys! Put them up and they'll be in here!
Edit 3: Added new gifs, characters and Kamiya confirmed the game will be about 20 hours long.

The wonderful 101 intro video

60 fps 2013 January nintendo direct trailer

E3 2013 trailer (02:38)

IGN Gameplay demo 2013 (13:01)

January Nintendo Direct trailer (01:39)

IGN 2012 gameplay demo (MUST WATCH) (13:41)

2012 gameplay walk through (04:38)

Kamiya's Twitter

Here's the amazing HI-RES boxart:

And Gifs. Because reasons.

awesomestuffmxu0s.gif

GOTY

iboHjeFC2XAdgw.gif

Still spreading the gospel of cyberdragon bitchslapping

iEJCWkgJoxmCA.gif

I'm aboard day one. Game looks so full of energy and life, just like Bayo 2. i just love Platinum's enthusiasm, it's really infectious!

I forgot I never gif'd the rest of the character intros. So here they are:
iXrkxc34y23u8.gif

wonderbluemnujh.gif

wondergreenseurk.gif

and of course Wonder eyes Pink
hadtodoitc1letcyueu.gif

Characters:

There have been 4 main superheroes revealed. Their names are simple to remember. There is:

Confirmed
Wonder eyes Red (Viewtiful Joe look-a-like)
Wonder eyes Blue (DMC reject)
Wonder eyes Green (Hansel)
Wonder eyes Pink (chibi bayonetta)

Educated guesses based off of the boxart:
Wonder eyes white
wonder eyes black
wonder eyes yellow

FAN ART:
If you guys have miiverse drawings (or any other medium really) of the game, Link me and I'll put them up.

TLDR:The game is 60 fps. It's all action. 20 hours long. There's 5 player Multiplayer. Hideki Kamiya's at the helm. This is the game you've always wanted, you just weren't aware of it yet. There will be a dedicated Nintendo Direct for this game before it comes out, so you should watch that too. Spread the <3.

All of my love.
CkUPeb8.gif

I also love spamming this gif.

Riposte

This is a lock for one of my favorite games in the year. I can't imagine it disappointing, but I guess the possibility is there. It is high energy, unique, and really catches my eye. I can only hope the combat mechanics are up to par.

Yes, it is being overlooked, but then again so was Anarchy Reigns.

Agree it looks amazing and my most anticipated Wii U title this year. Love the art style, quirkiness, and action. I hope it's a financial success but fear it will be one of those titles that are overlooked by the majority.

Hoping to scoop up a Wii U before this comes out.

Still a little concerned about longevity/re-playability though. Anyone able to quell my worries?

guek

Banned
YES YES YES YES

This game, man. THIS GAME. When I got tired of the guns and cars during E3, the thought of this game on the horizon is what cheered me up.

It looks great.

I mean, really great. This is a day one purchase for me, I don't care how long it is.

It's just a shame it's not coming out until September.

Kamek

Fucking September :'( I remember when this was first shown, I said to myself, "I'll pick that one up release day of Wii U." I bought a Wii U day one and the only game I have is NSMB :(

Cbajd5

Done and done!

GOOD

Now someone get the links for the actual 60 FPS trailers.

Because I don't have those on hand, and the one I downloaded for the latest trailer from Platinum's website yesterday wasn't 60 FPS according to the properties.

javac

I've got a feeling this is going to be my favourite game of the whole year by far. Looks soo good and it's fucking Platinum Games and Kamiya for crying out loud.

El Odio

Banned
Just noticed that the robo-things hands are controllers, awesome. I definitely plan on picking this up when I get a Wii-U later this year. The whole toylike action story thing is just fantastic.

watershed

Banned
I love the way this game looks. If I were gonna get a Wii U this would be my most anticipated game. It just looks fun as all hell.

Air

Banned
Updated the OP with the gifs, and the Hi-res screenshot. If anybody can find the 60 fps trailer, link it and I'll put it in the OP.

:D

Top Bottom