• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

Varjet

All of my love.
CkUPeb8.gif

I also love spamming this gif.

Jachaos

Yes I'm day-one-ing this. Pikmin 3 will be a blast and tide me over to mid-September when this and GTA V release. Great upcoming games.

Torn between this and Pikmin 3. Don't really want to buy two similar-ish games in such a short time period. Box art looks boss though.

Pikmin 3 is a character action/adventure/RTS. W101 is straight up balls-to-the-wall action.

Even the "action" in Pikmin is just various ways to swarm enemies. It's much more strategic. The two games should play very differently.

But if you have to choose, Pikmin.

Keasar

60 FPS trailer link is broken.

As for the game, this and Bayonetta 2 is what have me preparing my wallet for a Wii U.

Nosgoroth

August 23rd - The Wonderful 101
August 30th - Rayman Legends
September 4th - <Deadline for my Metroidvania-ish final project for my videogames post-graduate degree>
September 11th - Puppeteer

That's a 19-day period. Those are all day-one games. This is heaven. This is HELL.

Usobuko

Banned
I have not seen anything I dislike, granted the first reveal was rather bare bones. It just gets better and better the more they show it.

I like to think it's one of my goty candidates.

The only interesting Wii U exclusive for me at the moment. Greatness follows Kamiya in everything he does and this game seems to be no exception. Each trailer looks better and better, so much charm! <3

batbeg

I've never been of an action game fan (never particularly played NG, DMC, Bayo, etc) but I did love Viewtiful Joe and I am pretty sure I will love this. Yay.

Yagharek

Day Wonderful.

Be glad you didn't say 'Day 101' instead.

I loved the Direct trailer. Just so vibrant and effusive with fun and action. The final clip of the baseball pitch return-attack made me laugh out loud.

Really this game is a massive throwback to classic 16 bit gems like Gunstar Heroes and later tributes like Viewtiful Joe (obviously).

Easily, in my book, the best game at E3 this year, and hopefully it sells well as it deserves to.

NEO0MJ

Why isn't this thread at page 100 yet? DAMNIT GAF

edit: sorry for the terrible top page ;_;

People are waiting for the real Kamiya game to show up, not this kiddie stuff.

I feel that a lot of people wrote this off because it's on a Nintendo console, and the art style doesn't help.

I'm simultaneously excited for this game and boggled as to why people don't bring it up more when talkin' bout new Nintendo IPs.

It has been the same for 30 years now.

"Nintendo, make a new IP"

*New IP is introduced*

"But that´s not Mario / Doens´t count for whatever reason / isn´t even noticed"

Sad, makes no sense, but true. :/

goomba

Banned
this is the problem with new IP's on Nintendo systems, they are ignored so fanboys can keep up the "nintendo only rehash old franchises" angle

*New IP is introduced*

No, I love the art style, and the fact it's a new IP. Plus, it looks really gorgeous.

I just wonder if I will be fighting Robots all the time in that game, or if there are some other things to explore for instance...

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Gorgeous game. It's just so full of style.

I'm most definitely getting it. I just feel pretty bad this game may end up being unnoticed...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I am not ashamed to state that Wonderful 101 is one of my most anticipated games this year. It took Europa Universalis 4 to knock it off the top spot.

Usobuko

Banned
this is the problem with new IP's on Nintendo systems, they are ignored so fanboys can keep up the "nintendo only rehash old franchises" angle

What? It's on Nintendo platform. If you meant by terrible sales, the ones ignoring it are Nintendo fans in favour of their first party games.

Fabrik

Banned
Wonderful OP!
I was slightly worried the combat wouldn't be very deep but it seems you really have to switch between a lot of your powers to succeed. It doesn't look combo-driven like Bayonetta but it's not a bad thing, just different.
I can't imagine this game not being in my top 5 this year. Only 2 months to wait!

sd28821

*New IP is introduced*

its probably why they don't make as many new ips either way this is a game ill buy as soon as i get a wiiu

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This looks awesome. And only possible on the U. If only there were more of these I would get the system.

radcliff

I was underwhelmed when I first saw the reveal last year, but I have been converted with all the new media/information. I will get this day 1.

Top Bottom