• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Yooka-Laylee Rap is finally here.

Super psyched for the game and even kickstarted one of the top tiers, but could they really not manage to write a song that actually rhymes? Writing a rap is one of the easiest things you can possibly do so I don't know how they managed to make this so incredibly cringey as if they tried their hardest not to flow/rhyme.

everyone who ever picked that terrible stage in melee and the single player modes of melee every time i played classic and ... i think it was in adventure also?

i was fortunate enough to avoid the terrible song on the n64 also but now that people who grew up playing atrocious 6.7 fps terrible n64 games are old like me its a "hueg meam" so i get to see it everywhere

Yeah, i could hardly play ff7, banjo kazooie, mario 64, crash bandicoot, or spyro the dragon because of there shit framerates! Objectively terrible games!
/s

I do like the rap though, enjoyably cheesey.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I think for me the problem was the rappers' voices. George Andreas did a sufficiently dorky DK rap without being too cringey. Plus the words just matched the tune a ton better. This one just never really sounded right lol. The animations were fine, although I have no idea what they were doing xD.

Anyways, I'm thinking this may just be an April Fool's joke though lol, although I'm fine either way.

you know you can be cynical and still enjoy shit like this. There's a fine line between cynical and a straight up grumpy sourpuss. No fun allowed apparently.

Top Bottom