• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Yooka-Laylee Rap is finally here.

Kebiinu

Banned
Lmfao at this topic. Some stuck up motherfuckers in here. The original DK rap was always trash, so take off them goggles. I even saw a post worried about the quality of the game based on this alone? Give me a break.

He has no style

he has no face

this kong destroyed

the human race

big_1481080451_image.jpg

How about this, if I write and record and produce a song by the end of today and it's better than this garbage you have to change your avatar to something reasonable that we can work out like "I was wrong and have no idea what I was talking about" and if I can't put my money where my mouth is with the song then I'll change mine to whatever you want me to change it to, obviously within reason. (Offensive icons/language is what I'm trying to avoid when I say within reason)

I get yxour feelings but you are misinterpreting the intention behind this song. Grant Kirkhope and the team are very aware of the fact that this rap is bad, has no flow and oozes cringe to the max.

It's awesome.

You saying that it's pointless is you missing the point. You talking about composing a better song is even more missing the point. I'm clearly not alone enjoying this little piece of art. :D Btw, Mr. Kirkhope is well capable of composing "cool" music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtYbQvVrkU&index=20&list=PL561A40AE5860D871

I get yxour feelings but you are misinterpreting the intention behind this song. Grant Kirkhope and the team are very aware of the fact that this rap is bad, has no flow and oozes cringe to the max.

It's awesome.

You saying that it's pointless is you missing the point. You talking about composing a better song is even more missing the point. I'm clearly not alone enjoying this little piece of art. :D Btw, Mr. Kirkhope is well capable of composing "cool" music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtYbQvVrkU&index=20&list=PL561A40AE5860D871

I do get that and I appreciate that you're not being an asshole like LordRaptor while still getting the same point across.

It's totally understandable that people have different expectations, I was simply stating that mine were that this would be an actual good song because I know how talented Grant is. I was hoping he'd showcase that talent here just like he always does in his other music so my disappointment comes from me expecting more when I guess I shouldn't have. I was hoping that since the DK rap is what it is he would approach this song as more than a joke but it makes sense that he'd wanna be consistent since this song is a homage to that other one.

I do get that and I appreciate that you're not being an asshole like LordRaptor while still getting the same point across.

It's totally understandable that people have different expectations, I was simply stating that mine were that this would be an actual good song because I know how talented Grant is. I was hoping he'd showcase that talent here just like he always does in his other music so my disappointment comes from me expecting more when I guess I shouldn't have. I was hoping that since the DK rap is what it is he would approach this song as more than a joke but it makes sense that he'd wanna be consistent since this song is a homage to that other one.

I can accept that!

Well, for me it's a nice little party...A little celebration of sorts. You could also say cheap fan-service, haha. You probably won't be disappointed by the actual music in the game. I think the game itself will be too "mee-too" for many people. I already know that's the reason why I'll love it.

I can accept that!

Well, for me it's a nice little party...A little celebration of sorts. You could also say cheap fan-service, haha. You probably won't be disappointed by the actual music in the game. I think the game itself will be too "mee-too" for many people. I already know that's the reason why I'll love it.

For sure :) I have no worries at all about the game itself or the music in it because what little I've heard of it is already outstanding. I already made a beat in like half an hour using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKikiy_ZFM which works perfectly as a beat with barely any changes made to it. I also see why people would dislike the me-too nature of the game but that's exactly what I want as a huge fan of the first 2 Banjo games :D I think people that want something a bit different will really enjoy A Hat in Time

Crayolan

He couldn't find a way to sneak in Coconut Gun but Grant managed to get quick and nimble in lol.

Now I wait for the CG version.

Ehhh, not as good as the DK Rap, but it's so iconic and they obviously had to make it different enough.

Now give me a real DK Rap 2 in a future DK game guys (and get George Andreas back also!).

Let's be honest, it never had a chance of being as good as something with Lanky Kong in it. Can't beat perfection.

rjc571

Banned
Part (most? all?) of the reason that the DK rap was so funny is that it was legitimately trying to be a cool rap song that appealed to 90s kids, it just failed miserably. I think the fact that the YL rap is self-aware is the main reason that it doesn't work on the same level.

But the advertising of the rap itself already warned that it was going to be intentionally bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXXB3535yWw

Skyzard

Banned
Haha didn't know this was a kickstarter goal. Put a smile on my face.

Though I'm not sure it beats the original but good job anyway lol.

grim-tales

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry xD Cringingly brilliant parody/tribute to the DK Rap imo :D
The only thing pagies in cagies was missing was somebody "cutting off" the rap at the end.

"So they're finally here! Performing for you!"

emb

I'm not too into it. Didn't feel catchy until near the end. Nonetheless, I'm glad they made it!

dropkickpikachu

Neo Member
People born in the late 80s genuinely believing that the original DK rap took itself seriously and was meant to be unironically cool but failed are the gift that keeps on giving ITT.

Cocaloch

I think it's somewhat funny, but the DK rap had a much better delivery which is part of what made the whole thing hilarious.

Top Bottom