• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There’s no arrogance like Sony arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS is finally getting games though so I'm finally happy for the system. Wii U we haven't heard squat about. Nintendo is always quiet and that makes me less than thrilled when they announce that Wii Music is a core game. I hardly play my Wii or PS3 these days.

But wow reading all those comments from Sony execs just made me laugh at how dumb they sound.

Anyone got the quote from some Sony shill that explained away the stacks of unsold PS3's only weeks after its debut by saying that anything less than 30 units per store would be supply constrained?

Liberty4all

Banned
Sony started this gen off terribly but I think it can be argued that the last half of this gen they redeemed themselves many times over.

WillyFive

Somebody has way way too much free time on their hands.

No kidding, why would anyone spend so much time unless they are on the clock. Hope there is some MS money for all the hard work.

God forbid someone is interested enough in a topic to want to learn more about it on the Internet. And then have enough love for this forum to share his findings with us.

People like Mama Robotnick are what make NeoGAF great, always bringing insight and topics that required a lot of knowledge and research to post, stuff that you wouldn't find on other forums. Even if I heavily disagree with a lot of his tastes in games, I think we should definitely be proud that we have him with us, instead of trying to insult him like your average Giantbomb blog commentator.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So is this some out of nowhere thing or what is your point Mama? I know what you mean but why are you culling and dwelling on this old stuff?? PR doesn't make the games worse. Isn't that what matters in the end? Not sure what you're shooting for :p
No one is talking about games, we're talking about pr

They led the market for two generations in a row....no wonder why they got so arrogant. But their arrogance eventually led to fall.

I am a Sony fan, and I don't really care what their corporate leaders have to say, or for anyone else for that matter.

It's almost as if they work for Sony and therefore will say things in support of Sony without acknowledging the strengths of their competitors /shocked

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sony started this gen off terribly but I think it can be argued that the last half of this gen they redeemed themselves many times over.

Quiet. It's not about that. It's about the PR quotes Sony said praising their products.

It's almost as if they work for Sony and therefore will say things in support of Sony without acknowledging the strengths of their competitors /shocked

Again, quiet! It's soooo ridiculous! The quotes! OMG.

JoeInky

Looks like the thread is about Sony fans now.

Now we can say that this is gonna be good :lol

1336153999380.gif

Yep. Pretty sad when a MGS4 Trophy patch thread gets x100 more posts than something like Hybrid/Awesomenauts. .

Haha, what the fuck is this?

Bitter much?

How long have you been holding this in? The MGS4 thread has nothing to do with this. The Metal Gear threads are popular because they have a lot of fans from all console backgrounds. And the MGS4 thread deserves the amount of posts it gets because it is an awesome fucking game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
People like Mama Robotnick are what make NeoGAF great, always bringing insight and topics that required a lot of knowledge and research to post, stuff that you wouldn't find on other forums. Even if I heavily disagree with a lot of his tastes in games, I think we should definitely be proud that we have him with us, instead of trying to insult him like your average Giantbomb blog commentator.

Ya, no. Digging up dumb PR statements is not constructive, I don't care who posts them. What is the purpose? You don't simple find this stuff, it takes work with motivation, what a waste of energy.

I'll leave you guys to your virtual high fives, enjoy.

xJavonta

Banned
No kidding, why would anyone spend so much time unless they are on the clock. Hope there is some MS money for all the hard work.

That came off very Sony-defensive. The point of the thread originally was to showcase stupid things said by everyone in the industry, but it proved difficult to find anything anyone other than Sony said that was absurd.

Card Boy

Banned
Not sure why some of you guys are salty over Mama's post. Are you guys single console owners or something? It's the only explanation i can come up with.

Haha, what the fuck is this?

Bitter much?

How long have you been holding this in? The MGS4 thread has nothing to do with this. The Metal Gear threads are popular because they have a lot of fans from all console backgrounds. And the MGS4 thread deserves the amount of posts it gets because it is an awesome fucking game.

Its those Sony fanboys man. They are everywhere.

Verelios

I don't care.

As long as their games are exceptional, they're reasonable to their fanbase and that animosity isn't directed at us, I don't care.

Tenki

This thread is gonna be so good.

"I would like my car to fly and make me breakfast, but that’s an unrealistic expectation." (Jack Tretton’s thoughts on those who expect backwards compatibility in future PS3s, 2007)

smh

iammeiam

”With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that... Nintendo knows its target audience, because it has really narrowed that down; and it's pretty much defined by a boy or girl's ability to admire Pokemon.” – (Phil Harrison, 2005)

This has to be my favorite because it is so absurdly wrong in almost every possible way (the only point they score is that Nintendo side-stepped the graphical arms race,) and is sort of a crystallization of how badly Sony of that era was misreading the games market.

Has Nintendo ever worked so hard to try and shit all over the Vita or PSP? Most of the quotes on those that I can remember are fairly mild. My favorite arrogant Sony quotes are always the ones where they're trying to tear their competition down, because that's always when I feel like they've stepped away from being self-confident PR people and into just being arrogant jackasses.

(I also like their "Vita is selling to expectations" quotes because that's just them straight up lying.)

While all companies have had some nasty PR bits.

I think Sony definitely fanned the flames of a console war on so many occasions.

Back in the day if you or your friends had different consoles it was: Cool, what games you got for it?

This gen it became: What? You got THAT console? Its got crappy games...

oh this bring backs memories of the hype machine that sony had in full force earlier in the generation. Along with all the cgi vids it's actually quite shocking that the wii or the 360 sold any consoles at all...

lefantome

They have been this way and made huge mistakes but they are at the moment the only hw company who still bet money on games.

Most of them don't even work for Sony anymore. Management has changed greatly and the people in charge now don't seem to be that arrogant. PS4 launch will probably be a lot smoother PR wise than the PS3 launch.

I would now a days Nintendo says the most stupid things. The PR spinning of the decision to not include an ac adaptor with the 3DS XL was so bad.

Sometimes I feel like if there wasn't a Sony is doomed etc. thread within two days of each other NeoGAF itself would cease to exist.

stuart

Banned
Most of them don't even work for Sony anymore. Management has changed greatly and the people in charge now don't seem to be that arrogant. PS4 launch will probably be a lot smoother PR wise than the PS3 launch.

I would now a days Nintendo says the most stupid things. The PR spinning of the decision to not include an ac adaptor with the 3DS XL was so bad.

I didn't think the PS4 was confirmed as a product yet - it's possible that if the Vita generates a lot of debt for Sony their gaming division may be revised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom