• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There’s no arrogance like Sony arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The larger problem isn't that this us just forward-facing belief system... they also teach this stuff internally. That combined with the incredible lack of accountability within the company, it certain is a rather... interesting place, that's for sure.

Sophia

.... why in the hell is this thread still open? >=(

Why in the hell do you seem to want it closed? It's a legitimately good thread outside of all the shitposting from people like you. :\

Those quotes in the OP are delicious. The very best in PR.

These aren't even really PR when you think about it. They were really that arrogant off the success of the PS1 and PS2. ><;

As a pc gamer, none of these get my goat as bad as:

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform." said a Microsoft spokesman

Concept17

I didn't think the PS4 was confirmed as a product yet - it's possible that if the Vita generates a lot of debt for Sony their gaming division may be revised.

Really? PS4 has been in development for quite some time. Many of Sony's studios are working on projects for the system.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Why do you want it closed?

all it does is promote making fun of Sony. And Sony certainly doesn't need this right now. i mean, did you see the loses they posted just a couple of days ago? Right now we should all be rallying up in support of them like a true friend would do.

let's all join hands in prayer.

sp3000

.... why in the hell is this thread still open? >=(

Because it is contributing more to the forum than any of your posts are.

all it does is promote making fun of Sony. And Sony certainly doesn't need this right now. i mean, did you see the loses they posted just a couple of days ago? Right now we should all be rallying up in support of them like a true friend would do.

This is glorious. A public corporation is now like a friend in need. I guess Mitt Romney was right after all

Wazzim

Banned
”[PS3 is] 4D” (Ken Kutaragi, 2006)
3GBZf.gif

antonz

With a new console Generation starting in the next 2-3 months its the perfect time to look back at the funny moments of Gen 7

It's not cause of those stupid quotes, it's cause PS3 was overpriced technical disaster.
One could argue that arrogance was part of what led to the overengineering of the PS3, although it could just be a penchant for overengineering by a company of engineers.
God forbid someone is interested enough in a topic to want to learn more about it on the Internet. And then have enough love for this forum to share his findings with us.
This really doesn't strike me as some deep, insightful discussion.

Company representatives say stupid things while dominant in market or putting on PR bravado. News at 11.

If you want to talk about lies and stupid shit that comes out of people's mouths see the term politics........those are some jokers right there.

meppi

Im kinda with you on this one. This is a total console warz thread...

You really don't know Mama Robotnik don't you? It really is not.
The butt-hurt posters may want to turn it into one as to get their wish, but it certainly wasn't created to be a console warz thread...

Now this I can get behind. ;)

Sony are the best
I hate people being mean
To my friend Sony

They made Playstation
And they made Playstation 2
PS3 is great

It's not arrogance
It is just telling the truth
I'm in the Matrix

If I cared what every exec said or thinks I would have a hard time finding anything to buy.

*Goes back to playing Sound Shapes and eat some Chick Fil-a*

sajj316

In fairness, can we have a Microsoft and Nintendo quote thread as well. In fairness ...

On topic, yes a lot of stupid things said as part of salesmanship. It is what it is. I think the stupidity has tailed off quite a bit. Still exists via PR.

squidyj

Some of these are pretty arrogant, some of them are taken out of context or are being manhandled here

If I cared what every exec said or thinks I would have a hard time finding anything to buy.

*Goes back to playing Sound Shapes and eat some Chick Fil-a*

Did you just equate actively funding anti-gay groups with arrogant pr content?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The thread title should be changed to "Consolidated List of All Sony's Flaws" just to get it real going.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The butt-hurt posters may want to turn it into one as to get their wish, but it certainly wasn't created to be a console warz thread...

I know, Mama robotnik even said so in the OP.

triggaz

Banned
What is really telling about Sony is that with all this yap they have been followers this entire gen.

Sixaxis thrown after the wiimote was shown. Then they full on copied it with move. Then they copied the same damn games. I mean There holiday line up reads like a gameloft of Zynga release calendar.

Online they have been chasing MS an live for two Generations despite having a online console a year before MS.

Total and complete arrogance with not a ounce of leadership or originality on the platform.

see5harp

I'll pray with you.

Zwei

OP is one of the best posters on neogaf, no reason to lock the thread.

Don't get me wrong, the quotes cited in the op are both interesting and entertaining, but.. Just look at all of the subsequent bullshit that inevitably followed. This thread has turned to garbage in no time flat and there's no going back!

And really, who couldn't have predicted all of this, given this thread's composition?

Oh well, I guess it's time to grab some Orville Redenbacher

Now this I can get behind. ;)

Oh please, you are going to try to tell me that when you make a thread like this, there is a chance for it to NOT become a console warz thread here on gaf?

Come on now son.

LOL!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What is really telling about Sony is that with all this yap they have been followers this entire gen.

Sixaxis thrown after the wiimote was shown. Then they full on copied it with move. Then they copied the same damn games. I mean There holiday line up reads like a gameloft of Zynga release calendar.

Online they have been chasing MS an live for two Generations despite having a online console a year before MS.

Total and complete arrogance with not a ounce of leadership or originality on the platform.

Followers with the best games.

I didn't think the PS4 was confirmed as a product yet - it's possible that if the Vita generates a lot of debt for Sony their gaming division may be revised.
Bejesus. Do people actually think this plausible? More interestingly, do people actually want this to happen?

”Xbox is 1.5, the PS is more than what I was expecting, so it's 3.5. That's the difference." (Ken Kutaragi explains the difference between the PS3 and 360, 2005).
"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
"[PS3 is] for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one” (Ken Kutaragi, 2005)
"It’s probably too cheap…" (Ken Kutaragi on the $599 PS3, 2007)
Holy shit wow i never heard of these before. How could his company not shut him up after saying stuff like this ?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sony gave me Trophies... I am happy!

I have no care what PR or some exec's said, I just like playing their system and games

This just feels like a bait thread, nothing to discuss

You just aggregated comments, which have already been dissected/laughed @/used countless times, do we really need a refresher course, also for what purpose

meppi

I know, Mama robotnik even said so in the OP.

Then perhaps he was just reacting to the title of the thread and didn't read the content. ;)

Well, that changes everything!

You should really sit down for a while, I think you're getting dizzy.

Oh please, you are going to try to tell me that when you make a thread like this, there is a chance for it to NOT become a console warz thread here on gaf?
After all the Sony fanboys jumping down his throat? No, probably not. I'll agree with you on that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom