• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This SUCKS!!! My God of War 3 Copy is glitched wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

OP when he finally gets past that section.

SQv7ih7.jpg

Kikarian

I mean, would someone on Gaf really think their copy of a game is somehow fucked in a way where you can reach the end of the game, but the last 0.001% doesn't work? Even after resetting the console? This is a neat joke thread, but this shit genuinely didn't happen nor would someone think their copy of the game is somehow borked like this.

It would be like someone making a MGS3 thread about how after beating The Boss the cutscene never ends.
That's why it's a joke thread? You just said it yourself :lol

Smellycat

Like what?

I think one of them had to do with using Helios's head to illuminate the way and open the passage, but the passage never opened and it was just a white wall and wouldn't let me walk through it. I was pissed because I think I had to fight those weird creatures with the snake tails before that, and I had to redo that entire section.

Kinyou

Oh my god, this is amazing.

The thought of the op going crazy in front of the TV while poor Zeus gets punched into molecules is hilarious.

sense

I am going to keep this page open, go make a sandwich and then continue refreshing this page :)

Thanks for the laugh OP. If someone was near me they would think I am crazy because i laughed for a good 20 minutes!

Menome

Smellycat, Smellycat,
You have to stop punching
Smellycat, Smellycat
It's all your fault

You've played through three Greek-themed games
Now repeatedly hit Zeus in the face a lot
Smellycat, Smellycat,
It's all your fault

You may not be the brightest bulb
You're no friend to circle buttons
When you say glitch, I'll just bet
You didn't wait and hit 'Reset'

Smellycat, Smellycat,
Smellycat, Smellycat
It's all your fault

Yudoken

I'm pretty sure Op didn't understand that it wasn't a bug, it was just one of the greatest use of qte.
The game trained you like a monkey to press the showed buttons and it suddenly does something different at the end of the game and you're confused and wonder why that happened and you think that it's just a bug.
I had experienced something similar in Shenmue 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYreLdfJI8Q

I thought I was too slow (which actually could be the error because the game had some pretty hard qte's tof any game I've played) but actually you are not supposed to press anything.
I loved that and I've got that on the third try.
Normally we're trained to press the button we're shown as fast as possible and not to think about it.
If it flashes, you press it.
But there were a few occasions where the game surprises you because it want's more than just quick button presses.
I love that in video games!

I know a friend who claims that he punched Zeus about 30 minutes.
That reminded me of DSP...

CPS2

I just finished GoW3 the other day and really didn't like the ending. Overall the game is excellent but that ending was just completely unsatisfying, and I actually felt really bored with it and started looking around online to see if there were alternate endings. It felt like the bad ending when you fail whatever the hidden mission is.

Smellycat, Smellycat,
Smellycat, Smellycat
It's all your fault

You've played through three Greek-themed games
Now repeatedly hit Zeus in the face a lot
Smellycat, Smellycat,
It's all your fault

You may not be the brightest bulb
You're no friend to circle buttons
When you say glitch, I'll just bet
You didn't wait and hit 'Reset'

Smellycat, Smellycat,
Smellycat, Smellycat
It's all your fault

This should be OP's new tag.

scsa

OP thanks for the thread of the year, you won before the race even started.

On a side note, please stop hurting the controller as Zeus is already dead.
Thanks.

Manu

I'm pretty sure Op didn't understand that it wasn't a bug, it was just one of the greatest use of qte.
The game trained you like a monkey to press the showed buttons and it suddenly does something diffrent at the end of the game and your're confused and wonder why the game is broken.

It's also a meta moment since you keep punching only because you can, until the moment you realize you should probably stop. Just like Kratos does.

Yudoken

It's also a meta moment since you keep punching only because you can, until the moment you realize you should probably stop. Just like Kratos does.

Yeah, just like Shenmue (unbelievable that both games use QTE's that great and other's just suck on that).

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is it early late to nominate a thread of the year?

Fucking lol

Obviously, this post contains spoilers. I finally got around to finishing GOW 3. Awesome game, and it is freaking gorgeous! I got all the way to the final boss, Zeus. I got to this section where you walk up to him and start beating the living hell out of him, and you are prompted to repeatedly press circle. So, I kept doing it for a good 5 minutes or so. But my thumbs couldn't take it anymore. So, I paused the game, took a break and switched thumbs and kept mashing, and the freaking thunderfuck wouldn't die. I finally gave up and reset the console hoping I would have better luck next time and the game wouldn't get stuck. NOPE Same shit. The guy just doesn't die. Anyone else have the same problem?

I dont think you can pause during the qte

Jigs up

The funny part is how stupid God of War's button mashing segments are. I bet they thought they were real subversive with this one.

Goodstyle

I remember that segment

I didn't mash for that long, because I didn't feel any anger towards Zeus whatsoever

Ares really should have been the final villain...

Jarnet87

I had to go through like 5 copies of God of War 3 to finish the game. This is back when I had Blockbuster movies and games service. Got a copy of the game, wouldn't go past the opening sequence, got another copy same thing, another copy and let me get through the first couple stages, finally got a 4th or 5th copy and was able to finish it.

eloestmn

The same shit got me, I dont remember for how long but I did realize after 10-15 minutes that was the game fucking with me. I thought it was pretty cool afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom