• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thurrott: MS to announce a new standard Xbox controller and maybe Xbox Elite at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOR5

And MS didn't want to be associated with an evil AI overlord. It's not 2003 anymore (when that would have been applicable)

clippylaunchtorpedoswarning.png

flkraven

So where did this announcement materialize from? It's too early in the morning to get hyped unless it's worthwhile. So should I be turning up the dial, or just continue pessimistically drinking my coffee? What could this possibly be?

Admodieus

The new controller probably has a mic for Cortana and maybe a Windows Start button? (Depending on how they implement Windows 10 on the Xbox One)

Looking forward to whatever Thurrott is going to break today

Wait... They are announcing something in half an hour?

Is there an event happening? If not I doubt it will be anything big.

Microsoft reporter Brad Sams has a news scoop on new Xbox hardware and he announced that a special episode of his podcast is going live soon, where he's going to reveal it.

SOR5

JaggedSac

So I told Sam's on twitter that he better deliver because the gaming community is now hyped, and that this would be a big coup for them. He responds with a " :) ". I can't help but get hyped now, lol.

So I told Sam's on twitter that he better deliver because the gaming community is now hyped, and that this would be a big coup for them. He responds with a " :) ". I can't help but get hyped now, lol.

And remember again, "new Xbox hardware" doesn't mean an upgraded console. He was pretty furious when people misinterpreted his words the last time.

GHG

Gold Member
Microsoft reporter Brad Sams has a news scoop on new Xbox hardware and he announced that a special episode of his podcast is going live soon, where he's going to reveal it.

You had me until "podcast" lmao.

Someone give me a nudge if something actually happens.

_Ryo_

So what is the big news gonna be?

All future first and second party titles released on PC via UWP?
Official UWP Xbox 360 emulator for PC?
Xbox 2?
New xbox is like steam machines with different hardware manufacturers?

JaggedSac

And remember again, "new Xbox hardware" doesn't mean an upgraded console. He was pretty furious when people misinterpreted his words the last time.

Yeah. Very curious to know what he found out.

eh i doubt this is big. why would they announce it on a podcast ?

Trying to grow podcast audience. Although I don't think the gaming community is one that would stick around for his usual MS news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom