• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division for PC "If enough interest"; Ubi asks for petition signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Would be nice. Game looks great, one of the best things at E3, but I can't see myself enjoying it on a pad.

SpyGuy239

"if enough interest"??? Come on ubisoft what the hell are you yapping on about. There clearly is enough interest on the PC. Everyone who games on the PC have been crying out for games since forever. This shouldn't even be a dilemma.

You can make money and you don't want to? I really don't understand. I'd buy this day one. and I'm sure many would like to as well!

Why did 11 people vote no?

What difference would it make to any other version? Its being developed on PC like any other game, and probably running as well as the bullshots can attest.

I agree with Zeknurn, it being a publicity stunt. Massive was a PC developer before being bought by Ubi.

Hell I want World in Conflict 2 with their amazing looking new tech. Screw this MMO shit, we need THAT petition.

Yes sign me up for World In Conflict 2 please. I don't even know why such an amazing and critically acclaimed game has no sequel?! Abit ridiculous ain't it.

dsk1210

It's pitiful that they want us to beg for games.

Steam is a hugely increasing marketplace, with an huge userbase, why you would not include it, especially when you are actually developing the fucking game on pc.

I have signed the petion anyway, but I knew this shit was on the cards.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The less Ubisoft on PC the better, they're a bigger blight than MS. Shitty DRM, late ports and calling PC gamers pirates.

Shitty DRM, yes. But the rest of it: LucilleBluthRollsEyes.gif

dsk1210

I actually don't find uplay that intrusive now, work reasonably well with steam, not ideal for big picture mode though.

Shitty DRM, yes. But the rest of it: LucilleBluthRollsEyes.gif

They stopped with the DRM as well. They aren't that bad of a company and make great games. I noticed that it is Ubisoft that seems to be the only 3rd party really trying to innovate in this new gen.

Wiktor

It's pitiful that they want us to beg for games.

Steam is a hugely increasing marketplace, with an huge userbase, why you would not include it, especially when you are actually developing the fucking game on pc.

I have signed the petion anyway, but I knew this shit was on the cards.

Steam? Isn't it supposed to be F2P? Steam isn't really the holy grail in terms of those kinds of titles.

vio

I still cannot believe how much stuff is going on screen in this game. Makes me wonder if it will be that good looking when launches.

Doesn't mean anything, if Ubisoft doesn't want it on PC, no amount of begging will change that.

The other big ubisoft games are coming to PC

It's stupid to not get the division on PC as well

I don't see where's the begging though. Are you afraid that games are not console exclusives? That would be the case if you were loyal to one corporation or the other. Are you?

Draft

Hey Ubi,

Fuck off with your AAA shooter garbage. Bring it to the PC if you want, but I won't even look at it until it goes on sale for $5. Stupid Ubisoft.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I call horseshit. There is a PC version and thus there will be a PC version regardless of the "demand", which Ubi will spin as a humanitarian effort.

"We listened and here it is!"

Nice try.

Durante

I call horseshit. There is a PC version and thus there will be a PC version regardless of the "demand", which Ubi will spin as a humanitarian effort.

"We listened and here it is!"

Nice try.
I agree. Publishers seem to think generating this kind of pseudo-grassroot effort gives them PR brownie points.

SJRB

Gold Member
If this means the console version doesn't get delayed I'm more than happy to sign and support my PC brethren.

United we stand.

Son of a bitch. Come on? Do we need to beg? I'm fairly certain they know one way or another but a nice big petition that gets mentioned in a few blog posts is easy free marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom