• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division for PC "If enough interest"; Ubi asks for petition signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% convinced that a PC version is already in development, has been in development from the very beginning, will be released 6 months to 1 year after the PS4/X1 versions, and this petition is solely for attention...to drum up free publicity for the game, regardless of version. Ubi is probably focusing on the console versions because Sony and Microsoft requested them to.

I'd like a PC version but I am not going to sign this meaningless petition.

Soi-Fong

I'm 100% convinced that a PC version is already in development, has been in development from the very beginning, will be released 6 months to 1 year after the PS4/X1 versions, and this petition is solely for attention...to drum up free publicity for the game, regardless of version. Ubi is probably focusing on the console versions because Sony and Microsoft requested them to.

I'd like a PC version but I am not going to sign this meaningless petition.

I'll just be getting the PS4 version. Will prolly go back to PC gaming myself after 2-3 years when PC's start overtaking the next gen consoles again.

M*A*S*H

This is absolutely coming to pc. It's essentially tom clancy's dayz minus the zombies. And since it'll be f2p I hope they get the balancing and price structure right.

Ceebs

This will come out on PC, probably 3 months after the console version. There is not really a question of if, but when.

Wiktor

The PC version will fall behind in sales if it is a $60 game that is released 6 months to 1 year after the console version. I find Ubisoft to be a very PC unfriendly company, although I hope they prove me wrong.

Ubisoft is often very PC friendly. Their PC-centric divisions ar excellent, while their multiplat activities often scre PC. So it's just a bit schizoprenic when you look at Ubi as a whole company.

Xiaoki

What I find funny is that anytime MMOs are mentioned for consoles there are people that inevitably say that "MMOs dont belong consoles", "MMOs have been ruined by consoles kiddies" or "dont release this MMO on consoles because it will be dumbed down".
The "dumbed down" argument being most prevalent.

But, when an MMO is announced and its NOT for PC the PC gamers suddenly must have it.

Its like PC gamers want everything, including things they dont want.

PS - I dont think its been mentioned here but on a different message board someone said he wants it for PC because he only plays shooters with keyboard and mouse.
PS3 supported keyboard and mouse so I dont really see why the PS4 wouldnt. Maybe this will be one of the differences Ubisoft was talking about in a different thread. Maybe the PS4 will support keyboard and mouse and the Xbox One version will support Kinect.

TheExodu5

Banned
What I find funny is that anytime MMOs are mentioned for consoles there are people that inevitably say that "MMOs dont belong consoles", "MMOs have been ruined by consoles kiddies" or "dont release this MMO on consoles because it will be dumbed down".

But, when an MMO is announced and its NOT for PC the PC gamers suddenly must have it.

PS - I dont think its been mentioned here but on a different message board someone said he wants it for PC because he only plays shooters with keyboard and mouse.
PS3 supported keyboard and mouse so I dont really see why the PS4 wouldnt. Maybe this will be one of the differences Ubisoft was talking about in a different thread. Maybe the PS4 will support keyboard and mouse and the Xbox One version will support Kinect.

What are you talking about?

Dennis

Banned

What I find funny is that you fundamentally got everything wrong.

Anton668

correct me if im wrong, but last I knew they were shying away from the MMO label and steering ppl to the RPG label.

also, yes the PS3 supports kb/m but it is up to developers to include it. And very few games did. Why? Because the kb/m players dominated controller players every time.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

o_O

Xiaoki

What I find funny is that you fundamentally got everything wrong.

Did I?

Let's check out some reactions of PC gamers to the possibility of Everquest Next being on PS4:

"So much for keeping the console kiddies out of this."
"As a PC player this is a major turnoff for me if true."
"I will not even look at it if its multi platform."
"If I wanted to play with with console gamers I would go to a kindergarten."

How about some comments from PC gamers about DUST514:

"I dont know who makes the decisions over there at CCP but not delivering this game to their PC customer base is pure stupidity!!!!!!!!!!"
"It is fairly stupid to release this on consoles"
"Who plays FPSes on a console? Kids and people who are new to gaming."
"The moment they anounced it was for console,I cringed."

These arent even really cherry picked either. There are plenty more but I posted the more tame ones. Comments like this are quite widespread.

So, now I wonder how I was "fundamentally wrong" about PC gamers being biased against consoles when it comes to MMORPGS?

Did you even bother to actually read my post? But seeing as how you posted that I was wrong without explaining how I was wrong Im going to bet that you didnt.

Did I?

Let's check out some reactions of PC gamers to the possibility of Everquest Next being on PS4:

"So much for keeping the console kiddies out of this."
"As a PC player this is a major turnoff for me if true."
"I will not even look at it if its multi platform."
"If I wanted to play with with console gamers I would go to a kindergarten."

"I dont know who makes the decisions over there at CCP but not delivering this game to their PC customer base is pure stupidity!!!!!!!!!!"
"It is fairly stupid to release this on consoles"
"Who plays FPSes on a console? Kids and people who are new to gaming."
"The moment they anounced it was for console,I cringed."

These arent even really cherry picked either. There are plenty more but I posted the more tame ones. Comments like this are quite widespread.

So, now I wonder how I was "fundamentally wrong" about PC gamers being biased against consoles when it comes to MMORPGS?

Did you even bother to actually read my post? But seeing as how you posted that I was wrong without explaining how I was wrong Im going to bet that you didnt.

You got it wrong.

People aren't clamouring for dumbed down console MMOs to be released on PC, they're saying that MMOs are a better fit for PC and should release on the platform in non-dumbed down form.

Momentary

Banned

I want everything on PC because I want the best performance. I don't want to play games at low fidelity on archaic and/or low middle-end hardware like the X1 and PS4. That's my reasoning for wanting everything on PC.

Grief.exe

I don't get why they are jerking us around like this

Since the game was announced at E3, gamers have petitioned Ubisoft to bring The Division to PC.

Interestingly, when asked about the game’s release platforms, The Division’s Ryan Barnard said, “It’s set for release winter 2014 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but we’re not ruling out other platforms because we do also read the internet.”

When asked if this meant PC, he replied, “Ubisoft as a company considers … maximising the potential for a game, so if the audience is there and the desire is there,”

Wiktor

Well..not releasing it on PC was the dumbest thing I've seen a developer do in a long time. It was pure suicidal move.

Anyway, people want good games. That;s why they want ports. And the only reason a normal (ie..not troll) pcgamer is afraid if multiplat development is because it tends to dumb down the game. This doesn't happen the other way around. Console games don't get negatively changed when they are getting pc version.

Coreda

This will probably come out on PC either way. The petition signing is likely for free publicity and hype, but that isn't a bad thing. It will be curious to see how the PC version compares to the console versions.

Petition at 110.000 votes now :O

Maybe the OP should update the first post.

Qassim

Lets play bf3 on PC then. You use a controller, I'll use a mouse. I'll let you give up after 5 mins.

Eh, BF3 isn't the best example. It isn't really about precision or control. CSGO has full controller support, get them on that! Controlling the spray patterns of the AK47 isn't as easy as it looks on a controller.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I stand by this:

I call horseshit. There is a PC version and thus there will be a PC version regardless of the "demand", which Ubi will spin as a humanitarian effort.

"We listened and here it is!"

Nice try.

Daingurse

ilXaFydEvzYXs.gif

Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom