• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division for PC "If enough interest"; Ubi asks for petition signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Let's do this GAF!

Where do i have to sign?

Edit: /signed.

TheExodu5

Banned
Signed. Though I still am unsure whether I would get it on PC or not. It seems to be a game that largely depends on an active online community so it would need to be a decent port effort to win over a good amount of PC gamers.

I'm not signing any petition. Do we really even have to ask for the game? This makes Ubi look foolish.

To be fair, the decision to avoid the PC is probably being informed by big dogs at the company who haven't a fucking clue how the industry works and think PC=piracy. A petition would likely be considerably more effective and accurate than whatever shitty biased market research they do.

Signed.

FtsH

Why not just ask for money directly? Only when enough gamers pay upfront for the developing cost will they work on the game. That's even better, isn't it?

The fact that Massive is doing this leaves me to believe the pc version will not be complete crap.

I would bet my left testicle the version displayed all week at e3 was the pc version played with a ps4 or xbox one controller.

To be fair, the decision to avoid the PC is probably being informed by big dogs at the company who haven't a fucking clue how the industry works and think PC=piracy. A petition would likely be considerably more effective and accurate than whatever shitty biased market research they do.

Signed.

This.

Also speaks a lot about the disconnect between creatives, management and the top dogs.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You will bring this to PC and you will put some good effort behind it. This is your chance, show everyone what you got on a global scale. That in itself should be enough reason.

Grief.exe

if you're willing to be played like this, atleast demand day and date.

There are so many great games to play on PC and our backlogs are so bloated from sales, we really don't care when a game gets released. As long as it does get released.

I can just go back and reexperience GRAW, Chaos Theory, Rainbow Six, or Future Solider. After all, PCs don't have to worry about backwards compatibility.

You will bring this to PC and you will put some good effort behind it. This is your chance, show everyone what you got on a global scale. That in itself should be enough reason.

And no UPlay....

I'm getting the PS4 version but I signed regardless. Uplay isn't that bad now, by the way. I've put a lot of time into Far Cry 3 and it works great and is an extremely lightweight (and barebones) client. /shrug

There are so many great games to play on PC and our backlogs are so bloated from sales, we really don't care when a game gets released. As long as it does get released.

I can just go back and reexperience GRAW, Chaos Theory, Rainbow Six, or Future Solider. After all, PCs don't have to worry about backwards compatibility.
Not everyone likes playing ancient games. I only play newish PC games save for mobas and arpgs. BC is way overrated imo, for old games like that.

I would get this on PC, for sure. Next to Mario Kart 8 it was my "game of show," and I am in no rush to get PS4/Xbone since my gaming rig is ahead of the curve and already integrated into my living room.

Grief.exe

Not everyone likes playing ancient games. I only play newish PC games save for mobas and arpgs. BC is way overrated imo, for old games like that.

So...you haven't experienced Deus Ex? System Shock 2? Morrowind? Planescape Torment? Half-Life? Max Payne? Fallout? Diablo 2?

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

tehbible

is it even possible to pirate 'The Division' ?

It's a multiplayer only game. Would require you to buy the game.

This game will sell like hotcakes. If Borderlands 2 can sell, there is no doubt 'The Division' can too.

So...you haven't experienced Deus Ex? System Shock 2? Morrowind? Planescape Torment? Half-Life? Max Payne? Fallout? Diablo 2?

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

When they came out yes, or a couple years after at the latest. These examples are all-time classics that hold up to this day (most of them do). I played D2 for the better part of a decade. The ones in your previous post were shooters/multi-player, know what I mean?

Grief.exe

When they came out yes, or a couple years after at the latest. These examples are all-time classics that hold up to this day (most of them do). I played D2 for the better part of a decade. The ones in your previous post were shooters/multi-player, know what I mean?

I was just listing games in the Tom Clancy franchise.

is it even possible to pirate 'The Division' ?

It's a multiplayer only game. Would require you to buy the game.

This game will sell like hotcakes. If Borderlands 2 can sell, there is no doubt 'The Division' can too.

It's not possible unless someone clones a pirated server or something, which is doubtful and would be terrible to play on. It's a persistent online-only game, so if they think piracy is a factor they're mistaken. The only justifications left are that Ubi doesn't think it would recoup the port costs or that it would damage the new consoles in some indirect way.

I was just listing games in the Tom Clancy franchise.
Ohhh ok , sorry.

iavi

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

After the massive sales Far Cry 3 had on the PC, and the fact that the Division is in a genre that already does a stellar job on the platform, not for a second do I believe they're not going to do a PC version, but doing their usual back and forth with the PC community, while trying to capitalize on the free press and attention the community can provide when they throw all their weight behind something.

So basically they will release it on PC anyway but they want good will and some free marketing.

I don't think their going to get any good will out of it. With a situation like Dark Souls, we were dealing with a Japanese developer/publisher with little PC experience. Ubisoft has their own god damn PC platform. They know the score.

GHG

Signed, and from what I've seen so far this is one of those day 1 games for me. Would play the shit out of this with PC GAF.

Oh and please have good SLI support, release on Steam and no UPlay.

The more I think about it the more I think this is a PR play.

Probable facts:
- The console versions will sell more than PC version, as is almost always the case.
- Ubi comes up with the idea to be vague about a PC version which drums up petitions and discussions online for free PR.
- The post-petition, post-free-PR PC version ends up selling a good chunk more than if the game was confirmed for PC at the reveal.

Wiktor

Probable facts:
- The console versions will sell more than PC version, as is almost always the case.

Not if it's F2P game, then the PC userbase will most likely dwarf combined console one.

Also...even if it's not F2P..isn't that 2014 game? By then the install base of next-gen consoles might not be big enough to allow beating pc version is sales.

mhayze

Not if it's F2P game, then the PC userbase will most likely dwarf combined console one.

Also...even if it's not F2P..isn't that 2014 game? By then the install base of next-gen consoles might not be big enough to allow beating pc version is sales.

The PC version will fall behind in sales if it is a $60 game that is released 6 months to 1 year after the console version. I find Ubisoft to be a very PC unfriendly company, although I hope they prove me wrong.

Toa TAK

Banned
Not a PC gamer, but signed my petition and showed my support on the Ubisoft forums.

Everyone should be able to play this game.

Signed. :D

There is a difference between a niche Japanese studio needing a petition to gauge interest in the release of a niche title and Ubisoft who have been releasing PC games for years now needing a petition to release a fucking online third person shooter.

Piss off Ubi. If this comes to the PC, its your job to make me want to buy this. Not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom