• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - PlayStation 4 = ~60fps, Xbox One = ~30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

USC-fan

Banned
Lets do this. I'm streaming Tomb Raider: 60FPS Edition here: http://www.twitch.tv/realitypales

j7JcYHV.jpg

Man i love this streaming feature.

On a phone at the moment so I'm not watching the steam but doesn't the PS streaming service have a max of 30 FPS so one wouldn't be able to tell the true framerate? How would it appear by the way it it was running at say, 50 FPS?

Skeff

Yeah, it's as if every multi-platform game until now has performed better on PS4. Don't tell me nobody realized that Tomb Raider would probably be the same? That's just what the Xbox One is: a console that doesn't play games as well as PS4 but (arguably) makes up for that in other areas. Was there a big controversy every time the Wii version of a multi-platform game was utter garbage compared to its HD cousins? Of course not.

I don't recall Iwata coming onto GAF to tell me the Wii versions were as good as the HD twins though.

I think I'm going to buy the game. Show support for the effort, and I haven't had a chance to play the game yet. Might as well. Wonder if any Gamestops around will give it out now.

Square Enix must be loving all this attention to one of their published games.

It's really blown up. And weirdly, or not, it's really making Tomb Raider seem desirable atm.

CLEEK

I don't recall Iwata coming onto GAF to tell me the Wii versions were as good as the HD twins though.

Are you new here? It happened, and there was a big shit storm at the time.

Iwata said:
Please understand that Nintendo has some of the smartest game designers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED Mario64 the standard 3D game that everyone tries to emulate. So while people laude Sony and Microsoft for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing gameplay for designers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ gameplay advantage to Sony or Microsoft. And ANYONE who has seen all systems running could say there are great playing games on all systems. If there was really huge gameplay difference – it would be obvious.

Hexa

Don't forget the Xbox version has slightly better voice commands.

"Show map" command works too. He couldn't figure out how to show the map so he said "show map" and it came up. "Kinect 3.0" lol
And other things randomly came up as he was talking to viewers so he turned them off.

But are we even sure XBone has better voice commands, because PS4 ones seem pretty nice (when you're not talking to other people while playing).

On Demand

Banned

It's really blown up. And weirdly, or not, it's really making Tomb Raider seem desirable atm.

Which is funny because the consensus is that it's an average game.

Nothing like a little drama to spur interest.

"Show map" command works too. He couldn't figure out how to show the map so he said "show map" and it came up. "Kinect 3.0" lol

Wow that's pretty cool....Didn't expect that on ps4.....Sounds like the devs went all out on this game...I'm definitely getting this.....haven't played it before and I want to reward the effort...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
GAF=the world?
Uhm. GAF=GAF. We're on GAF, you have a GAF account with which you post on GAF using the GAF forum software talking about the GAF response to a GAF moderator article saying that the consensus is that it's average. I used the GAF consensus (or rather the best approximation) and that's somehow wrong?

CLEEK

It has made the PS4 version more desirable. It was certainly a smart move to not go for console parity. The Xbone version is a moderate update to the 360/PS3 game, where as the PS4 game now has a compelling reason to get it. The jump from 30fps to 60fps is always a big deal.

I didn't have any interest in this game until recently. The large number of GOTY votes for it first piqued my interest, and now the news that the PS4 version is 1080p/60 is a big enough reason for me to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom