• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / PlayStation 4) - Jan 28 2014

Blinck

It's just people being butt hurt that it isn't a poorly controlling empty level design of a game like the previous games. I'll never understand it myself, and it just makes me think that they all remember the old Tomb Raider games differently than they actually were. The new Tomb Raider has less platforming, and a bit less in the puzzle department, but it gained good controls, fantastic combat, a great leveling/upgrading system, and significantly more exploration in environments that make a whole hell of a lot more sense. The old Tomb Raider games are clunky, claustrophobic, empty games that people tend to remember being wide open exploration driven adventures.

The first reboot trilogy that Crystal D did was more like the originals, and they executed on that formula better than had ever done in the past, but it was getting really stale. If they had continued down the same path with Tomb Raider we would have gotten a new one, it would have gotten slammed in reviews for being outdated, and the series would now be dead. Instead we have a game that may be different from the past games, but it presents the sense of adventure that the older games clearly wanted to have but couldn't due to tech limitations.

This post makes me cringe so hard. I could argue each thing you mentioned one by one, but I will just copy paste a post I made about this game long ago, which argues all your points. I'm sorry but I can't even begin to understand how you think this game only has "a bit less puzzles" and a "good leveling/upgrade system".

I liked the graphics engine and some of the environments.

Other than that, it was one of the dumbest games I played. I think this is the perfect word for this game actually. Dumb.

So much stuff wrong with this game, let me list a few:

- Hunting is a fucking joke. You kill an animal, press X and gain XP. That's it. You don't even get much XP, it's useless.
- Character upgrades are an even bigger joke. I almost never knew where to spend my points because everything was useless.
- There are red barrels where the enemies spawn all the time, the game is desperate to show you explosions or something like that. It's calling you noob and dumb
- The whole " choose the way you approach enemies" is a big fat lie. The game is extremely linear in every way including the encounters. Only about 5% of the encounters let you choose the way to approach it, and that way is either stealth or guns blazing, but always through the same path. There is no flanking or scouting the environment for the best approach.
- The story starts out interesting but after a while starts to become extremely cheesy and sometimes cringe-worthy. The writing is very, very bad.
- Lara's voice eventually becomes very annoying, but I think this is more due to the writing.
- Fuck quick time events.
- No puzzles. No one can consider those "tombs" a puzzle. They are simply a fucking insult to anyone's brain. Even the dumbest person in the world could figure them out.
- Those salvage crates everywhere just don't make sense and break immersion. They all look the same and they are at the most random places. They could have made different props. ( yes, this is a bit nit picking but fuck it )
- The platforming just makes everything worse. The environment seems to be molded to fit the platforming and traversal "skills" that you get. There are fucking ropes everywhere and strategically placed wood bars for you to shoot with arrows all over the place. The platforming in the previous tomb raiders was awesome and fit within the environment, almost nothing seemed "forced", here it's just terrible and immersion breaking.
- Not only is the platforming bad for the reasons mentioned above, it's also extremely easy.
- Speaking of easy, this game has easy-mode and hand-held written all over it.
- Survival Instinct or whatever that shit was called: This makes exploration trivial, and it's just generally dumb.
- Props and assets are recycled very often. Try to count how many times you can see broken bottles on the ground. Just feels lazy ( nit-picking again, I know )
- Those challenges within the levels are dumber then fuck. "Destroy 9 of these gears that no-one fucking uses and are placed randomly in the environment just for the sake of this challenge that gives you extra XP so that you can level up your character and earn another dumb skill that will increase your XP gain so that you can earn another dumb skill." They try to add more hours to the game for something that is just meaningless.
- There is NO survival in this game. This was supposed to be a survival game. There's always tons of ammo all around, there are waves and waves of enemies, there are red barrels everyfucking where. You don't need to be stealthy EVER. Everything is just easy and handed to you on a golden plate.
- The multiplayer. I don't even need to say anything else. This is (not) a Tomb Raider game, and it has multiplayer. And yes, I tried, and yes it's fucking shitty.

Sorry for the outburst. But yes, this game does represent 95% of what is wrong in this industry, in my opinion. It's just dumb.

EDIT: I should note this old post was made when I was pretty angry at the game ( because I was so hyped for it ), so it is pretty harsh. I wouldn't be so harsh if I was criticizing it now, but I think all these points are still true.

Her new look is really confusing. It sort of feels like they've dolled her up a bunch (which runs counter to the point of the game) and she doesn't look anything like the key art anymore, which is the biggest offender.

cormack12

Gold Member
The game points out very specifically where every collectable is. "Exploration" my ass.

Collectibles are highlighted by glowing objects and more intensely if you choose to spend your perks on those attributes. A collectible glowing does not mean you do not have to explore how to get it. If you can't differentiate then there's no point having this conversation. For the record this is exactly how collectible should be. Not just randomly planted in a back alley that could be one of many thousands.

If people missed Lara's character development it's probably because it all happened in one second. She goes from scared young woman to Rambo in the snap of a finger. This is not her first expedition. Documents in the game talk about Lara going on previous trips and Sam had to drag her to hang out with cute boys instead of immersing herself in archeological digs.

That's a stretch at best. There's a bit of a difference going to an established archaeological dig than going into uncharted territory. Also can you provide the exact diary entry or quote you're talking about because that instance you alluded to is actually two separate entries? Every knowledgebase clearly states this is Lara's first expedition. As for the whole girl to Rambo thing, this isn't specific to Tomb Raider, it's a typical video game mechanic to move the story along. Elena in Uncharted for example suddenly cracking out shots from behind cover as an example.

You don't need to be reminded "You're a Croft" but you are multiple times in scenes that run counter to what's actually happening in the game. The game attempts to be an origin for Lara, but she instantly becomes a super-human combat expert. There's no development of skills shown. It's laughable that the game keeps saying she is a "survivor" when she completely dominates the island.

That's a difficulty issue. Not a gameplay issue. ACII didn't become a bad game because Ezio was OP to the extreme.

You just follow the white paint. The posts where you use the bow ropes are wrapped in glowing white ropes and there's nothing to figure out about them. You find one, grab your bow, aim for the other post, and then you crawl up the most linear paths in the game. Using the pickaxe to climb is just a nice visual flare, it adds nothing of value mechanically. Lara can no longer jump in multiple directions and there's no challenge in traversal.

This is true of most games. Lords of shadow glowing edges, Uncharted yellow piping/tarping. Why penalise Tomb Raider for a staple?

I agree with a lot in this section. The popup that a tomb nearby is a bit daft. However, I didn't mind the collectibles. They were well implemented, added to the game and the extra challenges were well thought out and a compliment to their setting.

The audio cue on the tombs (bell clanging), could have been consistent with the world. It's not beyond belief that each sacred tomb was given a bell nearby to ward off evil spirits or whatever. That should have been the cue the gamer was given and only that. Audio cues again are a method of input to the player.

...a lot of the time the game will randomly decide that a guy is immune to your napalm arrows anyway. The XP system let's you upgrade your skills, none of which are useful except for the skill that lets you instantly kill enemies once they are stunned because it makes the boring shooting galleries go faster.

The story is painfully awful. All of the characters are 1 dimensional and poorly written.

Never happened to me in two complete playthroughs. It's not a common complaint I've seen either. Plenty of skills are useful without being overpowered or necessary. They give a small boost. This last section you've strayed entirely into your own opinions though, which I guess I'm not going to change so there's little point in debating beyond here.

They didn't nail the exploration. Finding collectibles requires no skills other than the ability to see extremely small glowing objects. They aren't well hidden in smart ways and take no effort to get to. The regenerating health, abundance of ammo, and lack of non-story-critical weapons means that rewards aren't very rewarding. Getting medipacks and weapons by finding secrets that took skill to find and reach were much more rewarding. Calling the level design "sandbox" is a grave misuse of the term. They made it impossible to backtrack in many areas not because it would be physically impossible to do it but because they wanted to tell a linear story with cinematic uses of the time of day. One spot that really stood out to me was when a vent you used to get into a building suddenly filled with steam to prevent backtracking because they changed the time of day to sunset. Almost all paths are pretty much one way.

No, if you understand the story progresses in a linear fashion separate to the world then this isn't hard to understand. Sort of how like if you went back to Lester early for the Heist in GTA V then a time lapse would take place first.

Despite what you say you can't just walk to every collectible either. This is the biggest fallacy in these threads.

People want the spirit of Tomb Raider translated into a modern game. Exploring ruins, skillful challenging platforming, puzzles, traps to a void, some shooting. This game is almost all shooting and the other parts have been dumbed down to insulting levels and take up very little of the game. The old games were a bit clunky, a new game doesn't have to be. Becoming a modern game does not mean becoming another run of the mill shooter. The level design was pretty but awful in terms of engaging the player intellectually.

The shooting is at a level that feels ridiculous I agree - I miss the bats and tigers for instance (the wolves could have been done better). It feels as though you're constantly replaying the shipyard level in UCIII at times. But these are refinements that need to take place. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Challenging platforming is almost all but dead in 3D action/adventure. At least the mechanic of needing to deploy an axe mid air or to grasp a crumbly ledge provided some sort of advancement than other ledge magnet games.

Puzzles could be more challenging but at the moment UC is the standout popular game. When you reintroduce a character/franchise you have to sort of play it safe and have a more intimate and focused experience.

Take Dredd the movie as an example. The budget actually fitted what the director had to do. He had to scrub out the abomination of the Stallone movie, so it led to a very small sandboxed setting with quickly escalating violence and guns. He needed to get the audience on board to want a sequel. And that's what he did. That's what CD have done.

This isn't about saying this game is the finished article or the next brilliant re imagining of the Lara Croft saga. It's abut saying there is enough there to let CD continue with their vision, and build on what they've achieved. I only see some refinements/criticisms magnified to epic proportions and people spitting their dummy out saying they don't like the reboot because of it.

She's not moe anymore! How am I supposed to *want* to protect her now?

Kidding aside, her new look befits the psychotic persona she'll eventually adopt in this game.

She looks more moe to me, her lips are fuller, her eyes are bigger, she looks whiter and she has more fat on her face. Looks like she lost a couple years in face age.

Melchiah

So, based on the responses the game is worth buying? If so, it's a good thing I skipped the last gen version.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This definitive edition trend better have all games at 1080p 60fps or it's worthless.

Especially charging at full retail price without those upgrades? lol I really hope no one is that big of a fucking sucker.

Collectibles are highlighted by glowing objects and more intensely if you choose to spend your perks on those attributes. A collectible glowing does not mean you do not have to explore how to get it. If you can't differentiate then there's no point having this conversation. For the record this is exactly how collectible should be. Not just randomly planted in a back alley that could be one of many thousands.
No, no no. That is not how collectibles should be. It takes no skill/exploration what so ever.

That's a stretch at best. There's a bit of a difference going to an established archaeological dig than going into uncharted territory. Also can you provide the exact diary entry or quote you're talking about because that instance you alluded to is actually two separate entries? Every knowledgebase clearly states this is Lara's first expedition. As for the whole girl to Rambo thing, this isn't specific to Tomb Raider, it's a typical video game mechanic to move the story along. Elena in Uncharted for example suddenly cracking out shots from behind cover as an example.
You can't be serious with the Elena comparison... Elena barely manages to kill anyone. She acts like she's not used to using a gun.

And you're clearly not every knowledgeable on the TR background then. Her first expedition was right after high school with Werner von Croy. And remember this?

Lara+Croft+Young+The+Last+Revelation.jpg

This is true of most games. Lords of shadow glowing edges, Uncharted yellow piping/tarping. Why penalise Tomb Raider for a staple?
Because Tomb Raider has a legacy of not hand holding you on platforming...

Challenging platforming is almost all but dead in 3D action/adventure. At least the mechanic of needing to deploy an axe mid air or to grasp a crumbly ledge provided some sort of advancement than other ledge magnet games.
Something that already existed in previous TR games btw, as well as other games too.

Puzzles could be more challenging but at the moment UC is the standout popular game. When you reintroduce a character/franchise you have to sort of play it safe and have a more intimate and focused experience.
Why? It's an supposed "origin" story, not an introduction to the franchise.

And let me just say that you are wayyy over thinking at was nothing more then a wanna be funny line for the trailers.

And I just can't forgive the absolutely forgettable sound track from a franchise where all games had at least one fantastic and memorable theme song.

TR 2013 is a great game for someone that played Uncharted. It's a terrible game for anyone that played the previous games in the series.

ItIsOkBro

Legitimately have no idea why people can think this game is bad.

You can say it's not perfect, sure, but bad? Get out of here.

I'll keep this concise...

Music:
The composer created something that is unlistenable
Ambient but completely forgetable

Combat:
Way too much
Only source of difficulty in the game, not puzzles or traversing

Exploration:
Totally optional and not a vital part of the game
Limited to hubs, empty linear path -> open optional hub
Secret tomb nearby!

Mechanics:
Regen health, surplus of ammo in a 'survival' themed game
Virtually meaningless weapon/Lara upgrade system (2nd time played without upgrading)

Character development:
Lara - zero to hero in about 4.1 seconds
Everyone else - none, just a bunch of generics that show up to get killed
Actually anything good game from the journals

Supernatural enemies:
Just when you think the combat might get a change of pace, theyy behave like normal enemies
Main villian boss fight is a QTE

Replay value (biggest crime):
No incentive to replay, no pro difficulty, new game+, chapter select
Use fast travel to collect your optional goodies and...that's it
Tacked on MP to cover this fact

There are other single player campaigns that I replay multiple times (Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 4) without incentive. For me, the desire isn't there. I played it a second time just to get my fix before trading it in. Tomb Raide can be experienced in its entirety through a rental.

Enosh

And you're clearly not every knowledgeable on the TR background then. Her first expedition was right after high school with Werner von Croy. And remember this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(fiction)

In serial fiction, to reboot means to discard all continuity in an established series in order to recreate its characters, timeline and backstory from the beginning.[1][2][3]

that Lara? dead, gone, hopefully to never return

the island is her first archeological expedition right after college, the trips with Sam mentioned in some of the journals are just that, trips where she rather hangs out in a museum, looks at old buildings etc, than do the fun stuff with Sam

I paid something like $10 in the previous steam sale for this game and haven't even started it yet... And I definitely won't play it in English now, the voice actress is not even really British and I shouldn't have googled her boobs on Californication. Illusion is ruined.

Harlequin

Because Tomb Raider has a legacy of not hand holding you on platforming...

Something that already existed in previous TR games btw, as well as other games too.

While I agree that this should be part of the series again it really hasn't been since Crystal took over. Handholding and overly simplified "platforming" (more like ledge-hopping) have been part of the franchise since Tomb Raider: Legend (so specifically blaming this on the reboot seems a little unfair). And while I agree that there's a lot of things wrong with the reboot I think it's a step in the right direction compared to Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Because yes, the combat/platforming/puzzling/exploration ratio is completely wrong in the reboot but the little platforming and exploration that is there at least feels a little more like the classic Tomb Raiders again. Although when I say this you have to know that I clearly differentiate between the scripted "high-action" platforming/ledge-hopping sequences and the free-roam platforming you can do in the hubs. The first one isn't much better than it was in LAU but the latter is definitely a step in the right direction. Ledges are less magnetic, you have control over her jump direction in mid-air and even over the jump distance. The main problem is that they didn't have enough challenging platforming environments and still resorted to magnetic ledges, ledge-hopping and automated jump distances for their "high action"-moments. The one area that really reminded me of Core's platforming was the Mountain Temple. It's the really small, short area Lara reaches after climbing up the ladder but if you take your time to actually explore it you'll find that you can jump onto the rooftops and jump from rooftop to rooftop. The fact that these buildings are built on a relatively steep hillside also gives it a certain feeling of danger and I seriously wasn't sure if I was going to make certain jumps and had to really use the mid-air steering. So yeah, they should do more of that in the next one and definitely tone down the combat...a lot, make the puzzles longer and harder and introduce some proper indoor hubs (a huge tomb maze with lots of traps, puzzles and tomb chambers, for example) but I feel like they're starting to understand a few things about what made Core's games great...they're just not using those things enough in the reboot.

Oh, and the atmosphere was also much better than in the rather bland and boring Underworld and Anniversary.

Replay value (biggest crime):
No incentive to replay, no pro difficulty, new game+, chapter select
Use fast travel to collect your optional goodies and...that's it
Tacked on MP to cover this fact

If by replay value you mean restarting the game from scratch that might be true. But I doubt anyone was actually done with the game when they reached the end. Collecting all the items was actually one of the best parts of the game because it was pure exploration with only very little combat.

UnrealEck

The eyes in the current version are the only bad thing I can really say about the graphics. The new model's eyes are better but they make her look a bit more asian in some screenshots. Although her eyes look a bit weird in the current version, I think they captured how she looks a bit distraught. It fitted the story and her situation as she became more hardened like you see in the next games.

They could easily just throw the new model into a patch and release it for PC. But then their $60 definitive version tag would be even more redundant.

I have the 360 version so I'll double dip on the PS4 version this time. One of my favorite games this year. Really sucks that they are selling it for $60 tho, unless this is going to be a HUGE upgrade from the original. I'll wait for more info/gameplay videos before I preorder.

Man, few games in recent history are as divisive and spark as much debate here on GAF as this one. For the debate alone, the game is worth playing in order to find out for yourself which side you fall into. Much of that might have to do with how well you liked or didn't like the original games (many younger gamers likely haven't even played those). I come down on the negative side of it all, though TR2013 is by no means a bad game.

One thing that was said ITT that I agree with is that if they had simply made another game in the vein of A/L/U the reaction from critics and most of the buying public would have been lukewarm and the chances of the series continuing would have dropped to nil. So a reboot was necessary. The debate is how well the reboot worked in context of the series' history as well as modern design tropes.

What I personally hope happens is what we see so often in game development -- a good but somewhat vanilla groundwork has been laid and a more fully realized vision comes about in the sequel. There HAS to be more puzzles and platforming in the next game. Surely the devs must know this.

One more thing - I agree the soundtrack is a crime. The series is known for great music. Where was the TR theme? They should have used it at least once or twice in select spots. Think about the original Zelda motif playing when you pull the master sword in Twilight Princess. That's the only time you hear that theme in a 40-60 hour game. Just a hint is enough. Would have loved to have heard that TR motif as Lara grabbed the second pistol or maybe in the epilogue or the end credits.

Izcarielo

Banned
Man, few games in recent history are as divisive and spark as much debate here on GAF as this one. For the debate alone, the game is worth playing in order to find out for yourself which side you fall into. Much of that might have to do with how well you liked or didn't like the original games (many younger gamers likely haven't even played those). I come down on the negative side of it all, though TR2013 is by no means a bad game.

One thing that was said ITT that I agree with is that if they had simply made another game in the vein of A/L/U the reaction from critics and most of the buying public would have been lukewarm and the chances of the series continuing would have dropped to nil. So a reboot was necessary. The debate is how well the reboot worked in context of the series' history as well as modern design tropes.

What I personally hope happens is what we see so often in game development -- a good but somewhat vanilla groundwork has been laid and a more fully realized vision comes about in the sequel. There HAS to be more puzzles and platforming in the next game. Surely the devs must know this.

One more thing - I agree the soundtrack is a crime. The series is known for great music. Where was the TR theme? They should have used it at least once or twice in select spots. Think about the original Zelda motif playing when you pull the master sword in Twilight Princess. That's the only time you hear that theme in a 40-60 hour game. Just a hint is enough. Would have loved to have heard that TR motif as Lara grabbed the second pistol or maybe in the epilogue or the end credits.

I would love this: they market the game as a triple A, casual shooting and platforming game but when people buy it they actually see it's full of hardcore puzzles and almost impossible jumps (like the old ones).
Wow I would love to see their faces lol

Fantasmo

Definitive face sucks. Original was better/prettier/less plastic. They better not update my 2013 PC version with that dumb face.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
She looks a lot closer to the CG render now( atleast we know how she'll look in TR2)
Her lips are more smooth looking too like the CG render and looks more realistic compared to sharp edges in the PC version
She looks the same, just more realistic.

Blinck

While I agree that this should be part of the series again it really hasn't been since Crystal took over. Handholding and overly simplified "platforming" (more like ledge-hopping) have been part of the franchise since Tomb Raider: Legend (so specifically blaming this on the reboot seems a little unfair). And while I agree that there's a lot of things wrong with the reboot I think it's a step in the right direction compared to Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Because yes, the combat/platforming/puzzling/exploration ratio is completely wrong in the reboot but the little platforming and exploration that is there at least feels a little more like the classic Tomb Raiders again. Although when I say this you have to know that I clearly differentiate between the scripted "high-action" platforming/ledge-hopping sequences and the free-roam platforming you can do in the hubs. The first one isn't much better than it was in LAU but the latter is definitely a step in the right direction. Ledges are less magnetic, you have control over her jump direction in mid-air and even over the jump distance. The main problem is that they didn't have enough challenging platforming environments and still resorted to magnetic ledges, ledge-hopping and automated jump distances for their "high action"-moments. The one area that really reminded me of Core's platforming was the Mountain Temple. It's the really small, short area Lara reaches after climbing up the ladder but if you take your time to actually explore it you'll find that you can jump onto the rooftops and jump from rooftop to rooftop. The fact that these buildings are built on a relatively steep hillside also gives it a certain feeling of danger and I seriously wasn't sure if I was going to make certain jumps and had to really use the mid-air steering. So yeah, they should do more of that in the next one and definitely tone down the combat...a lot, make the puzzles longer and harder and introduce some proper indoor hubs (a huge tomb maze with lots of traps, puzzles and tomb chambers, for example) but I feel like they're starting to understand a few things about what made Core's games great...they're just not using those things enough in the reboot.

Oh, and the atmosphere was also much better than in the rather bland and boring Underworld and Anniversary.

If by replay value you mean restarting the game from scratch that might be true. But I doubt anyone was actually done with the game when they reached the end. Collecting all the items was actually one of the best parts of the game because it was pure exploration with only very little combat.

I really don't understand this post. I played both Legend and Anniversary right before this one and :
- Neither of those is nearly as hand-holding as this one. Specially Anniversary. There really is no comparison.
- Even in Underworld, you actually die quite a bit while traversing the environment because its actually difficult, unlike in the reboot.
- I can't believe you think exploration feels like "old tomb raider games" when you just have to press a freakin' button that shows you where the collectibles are.
- The platforming in both Underworld and Anniversary is just so much better. You actually needed to figure out where to go, and once you did you thought many times "damn, this is gonna be hard" - but when you finally made it, it felt great - This doesn't happen in this reboot because everything is just super-obvious and straight-forward. There is no "exploration" because the game always tells you where to go. Fuck, if you press a button it basically shows everything that you can interact with - it's just mind-numbing.

I'd actually agree. Square made it clear they weren't happy with the sales of the released version (though I don't know why cos it did well) so making this full price when there seems to be fuck all different is a bit much. Seems like trying to get more money out of people

and let's face it, majority of gamers are dumb and will re-buy slightly better versions of games that already came before just to have that "next gen" feel. Or to just add it to their next gen catalogue

TrutaS

What? Are you korean? Wtf are you talking about?

Don't mean to offend anyone. I have seen a bunch of Korean movies and she looks strikingly similar to many actresses on them! I have just asked a colleague of mine who is Korean and he thinks she could pass as one. Anyway, didn't mean anything racy at all.

shadow101

Banned
real shame about the 60$ tag.

No one gave a rats ass about the multi player portion in the original release. They should have completely scrapped it and released it at 39.99

I will wait till it drops to 29.99 or 39.99

ShinAmano

When I heard about this I got excited...then I hear it is just a port with better graphics...nothing new and $60 kind of killed the hype. I will pick it up when it hits $20-30.

They better at least add enemies to kill after you beat the game.

Having fully upgraded weapons with nobody to use them on was a COMPLETE FAIL.

TyrantII

People get in a tizzy because it's a reboot of their franchise, and tosses or breaks quite a few norms / canon.

Honestly, I thought it was a much better reboot than Resident Evil got. Better gun mechanics, better engine, and the story or character motivations actually make some fucking sense. It makes RE4 (and the craps thats come from it) look like some child's joke story on the series.

My only worry is what happens you no longer have a psycho island full of man meat to arrow and bullet your way through? Bringing back animals would work somewhat and change up the different encounters (the Wolves were really done well here)... but I fear they're going to fall into the Uncharted trap; where every antagonist to the main character has their own fleet of mercenaries and free reign to shoot up villages around the world.

Then again the series had been trending that way anyways since Legends. Puzzle platformers just don't sell in the numbers publishers like this demand of well known brands like TR.

dreamfall

I bought it and enjoyed it on the PC. Ended up collecting everything, 100%-ed.

Here's the thing- if the "definitive version" means including some terrible multiplayer DLC and the one single player "tomb" for a new price tag of $60, there is something wrong.

This game was less than $10 repeatedly. TressFX was wonderful when it worked, other times my Lara looked like Sinead O'Connor.

Also, the "definitive version" remake reminds me of an old AJJ lyric :

"And I don't know / What they did to your face / And I don't like it !"

jWILL253

Banned
My question is, why are hair physics so hard to render on these consoles?

Is there no TressFX-style solution on AMD hardware? It can't be that much different or harder than any of the cloth physics solutions rendered by Crystal Tools in Final Fantasy XIII on last gen consoles. I refuse to believe it's a straight-up hardware limitation...

rvy

Banned

Hand-holding is not my thing. Contextual controls are not my thing. Characters are shit. And I won't even begin discussing this pussified version of Lara, that whines every 10 seconds about being scared and hopeless, only to go on massive killing sprees. I regret wasting 20€ on this game. I want my money back.

Top Bottom