• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Zen Aku

The Eagles just post this on Facebook yesterday.

In a display of unity, Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie joined the team for the National Anthem before #NYGvsPHI.

And of course 95% of the people who comments believing that the Eagles stood and locked arms because they're respecting the flag, or the military or whatever bs reason. Not because the entire team is siding with the players who are kneeling.

Lmao the entire gesture just went over their head. People are so stupid.

cdyhybrid

Ben's a racist and a rapist. Dude is trash. Brady ain't off the hook with his non-statement either. Gisele probably had to beat that out of him.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
T
And of course 95% of the people who comments believing that the Eagles stood and locked arms because they're respecting the flag, or the military or whatever bs reason. Not because the entire team is siding with the players who are kneeling.

Noticed this. It's because their dumbass president re-framed it.

Kusagari

The arm lockers were getting attacked the same as kneeling until Lord Brady did it and Trump subsequently praised it.

Now, of course, they love it.

only made it half way through the video so maybe it changes, but you know shannon is speaking the absolute truth because skip hasn't activated troll mode at all, he's actually treating the issue serious and letting shannon speak

i posted yesterday that the owners and players disgusted me with their bullshit "solidarity" so this video put the biggest smile on my face. shannon sharpe is more respected than me so obviously people will agree with him and not say "well better late than never"

Maddness

After looking at my fantasy points for this weekend I figured he stayed in the tunnel for the whole fucking game, not just the anthem. Fucking shit heel.

Zen Aku

Noticed this. It's because their dumbass president re-framed it.
Basically.

"Wait. Their knees aren't bending! That must mean they're on our side!"

*Completely ignoring the locked arms and the statement the Eagles as an organization made earlier about how they're behind their players ability to make choices whether they stand or kneel. That they have every right to protest if they want to.*

only made it half way through the video so maybe it changes, but you know shannon is speaking the absolute truth because skip hasn't activated troll mode at all, he's actually treating the issue serious and letting shannon speak

i posted yesterday that the owners and players disgusted me with their bullshit "solidarity" so this video put the biggest smile on my face. shannon sharpe is more respected than me so obviously people will agree with him and not say "well better late than never"

That's how Skip is with situations like these. He doesn't try to trollbait like he would about Lebron, players choking games, etc.

TraBuch

Banned
This is the dude to be angry with, TraBuch.
Zero respect might've been too much, but I still look at yesterday's kneelers with a great deal of skepticism and annoyance and do think they're hurting the original message by co-opting Kaepernick's gesture and making it mean something else. How many of those press releases mentioned Kaepernick or the police? I think it's fucking ridiculous that my topic was filled with "Lol ur so woke" bullshit when I feel I had valid issues that people were just ready to brush under the rug because "Better late than never!"

Roethlisberger's just a piece of shit. But at least he's transparent about it and everyone can see that.

LycanXIII

I was unable to sleep last night and want to share my thoughts and feelings on our team’s decision to remain in the tunnel for the National Anthem yesterday.

But not after those nights in the bars. Fuck the Steelers org.

Dishwalla

Banned
That's how Skip is with situations like these. He doesn't try to trollbait like he would about Lebron, players choking games, etc.

Skip says it himself in the video, he's not very invested in politics, so it's in his best interest to not get into a serious debate with Sharpe, who is invested in politics.

I commend the athletes that are taking a stance against the president on this. It still blows my mind the people who take issue against this. Like, every article on ESPN about an athlete taking issue on the presidents comments has some old white dude saying "you're just an athlete, we don't pay you for your political opinions" as the most up voted comment. I'm white, but it what world am I supposed to be able to understand the racial injustice of our society where I've never been able to experience it first hand. I mean, I try to be empathetic to the best of my ability; but that's still a far cry from experiencing it first hand. Just blows my mind that there are people who think they understand shit they've never been subjected to.

I like to just paste this in whenever I see that:

”Stick to sports!" ”Shut up and play!" These have always been unrealistic requests, whether asked in the era of Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Billie Jean King or now. It isn't a reasonable thing to ask sports—or anyone invested in sports—to stand down in rancorous times. We have long had an unfortunate habit of dismissing the social commentary of athletes as the ungrateful words of the rich and privileged—as if this country has a tradition of listening to its poor and disenfranchised. America gives its loudest platform to its famous—and if an athlete like LeBron James decides to use the platform, it's about as red, white and blue as it comes.

TraBuch

Banned

Because it was a bullshit gesture. If they wanted to side with the kneelers, they should've kneeled, not locked arms with the owners that're blackballing their fellow athlete.

You can't do this fence sitting bullshit that people can and will misinterpret to fit their agenda. You can't have it both ways.

Zen Aku

Because it was a bullshit gesture. If they wanted to side with the kneelers, they should've kneeled, not locked arms with the owners that're blackballing they're fellow athlete.

You can't do this fence sitting bullshit that people can and will misinterpret to fit their agenda. You can't have it both ways.
I agree. They should have just all kneel and locked arms if they want to be unified. That would have send the strongest message.

The Most Important Take, Via ClickHole

Yesterday, more than 100 NFL players chose to take a knee during the national anthem in response to President Donald Trump's remarks about athletes disrespecting the flag. Now, I believe that the First Amendment gives all Americans the right to protest, but I also believe that people should be thoughtful in how and where they choose to make their voices heard. I think NFL players should leave their political views on the sidelines, because I don't watch football to see politics—I watch it in hopes of seeing a hawk steal the ball.

The fact that Ben is propped up by the league as a "Role Model" while Kaepernick is STILL being blackballed, tells you everything you need to know about America in 2017.

Aside from the overt and closet racists taking issue with the kneeling, everyone else losing their minds over this really come across as simpletons.

Nearly everyone kneeling has made it clear that this is not a personal attack on our ideals we strive for or our military. But rather, complaints with blind patriotism, other injustices, and even Trump.

jbug617

Banned
Belichick released a statement.
DKmGZ94VAAIudBx.jpg

The Most Important Take, Via ClickHole

amazing that these people don't get it

fuck your entertainment. colin took his knee because people don't have the opportunity to enjoy their sunday football anymore. every day that list grows more and more because men and women have their lives taken from them.

so shut the fuck up already. boohoo you have to watch people kneel for 45 seconds. let's ask trayvon martin (or the million other black men) how much he enjoyed the superbowl last year, or how many sundays he's had to enjoy cracking a cold one with the boys

Top Bottom