• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter suspends Rose McGowans account

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOWWW

All the toxic shit that gets posted constantly and she gets banned for this? Reminds me of the arrest warrant for DeAndre Harris..get victimized yet you're the one in the wrong.

Fuck this country.

White supremacy = ok under muh free speech
But telling of someone powerful in entertainment industry of sexual assault= oh no no no that's to far.

You can spouted dangerous shit on Twitter but posting a gif from Olympics gets you banned immediately

Nice priorities Twitter. Catering to these media conglomerates

I thought that if it was newsworthy, everything is a-okay? At least that was their policy with Trump's tweets a couple of weeks ago. This is bullshit.

jayu26

What the fuck? Actual hate speech is not a problem. Actual sexist/misogynistic tweets are not a problem. A women gets raped and tries to tell the truth, hold right there missy, don't be talk'en smack about powerful white dudes.

Grenchel

is this an instance where enough shitbags dinged her account that she got automatically banned?

Because otherwise...

Kud Dukan

...I've never heard of that. How many tweets is too many?

Someone should test it out.

I don't post much on Twitter, so I cannot vouch for this personally, but some of the people I have followed have run into that in the past, so it's NOT unheard of. I don't know the rules surrounding it though.

MSNBC reported this morning that it was an automatic suspension based on too many tweets in rapid succession. Could be corporate bullshit though.

Yeah, because auto banning someone makes more sense than simply showing them a message saying they have to wait before tweeting again, like every forum or discussion board out there. This is definitely bullshit

Flux

What the fuck? Actual hate speech is not a problem. Actual sexist/misogynistic tweets are not a problem. A women gets raped and tries to tell the truth, hold right there missy, don't be talk'en smack about powerful white dudes.
That's right. Twitter pretends to be the holder of free speech, but they only selectively ban what they personally do not want to see.

Renekton

We see it time and time again. On Facebook too. You can be as racist as you want but as soon as a woman speaks out about mistreatment and sexism...
I wonder if this is because those guys are internet-savvy enough to abuse reporting/flagging tools in big numbers.

Silicon Valley is infected with Alt-Righters.

meanwhile, Trump is free to run wild on Twitter and start WW3

59c3a2c01900002500564ea8.png

CookTrain

A ban for the rate of tweets has to be BS because they say to delete your transgressing tweets. You can't delete a rate of posting.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
and yet someone with a verified account by the name of Owen Benjamin wished slavery would come back just so Shaun King would be forced to be a slave. He even did @shaunking

i see at least two twitter TOS violations.

Scuffed

WB has power and a big movie in Justice League coming out with Ben. That is the only reason I can think of that she was silenced. Maybe before it would be a silly conspiracy but after the protection of Weinstein for so long I'm seeing things very differently about that town.

Toth

Can you see if someone is banned from twitter? If not I wonder if Trump has been banned numerous times lol

They will blame it on the bots.

Stupid as hell, and yet Trump and his tweets and countless other tweets that are more dangerous and offensive stay unbanned.

So according to Twitter:

Bots that harass and spread bullshit: OK
Accounts that make death/rape threats: OK
ISIS accounts: OK
Trump telling Lies: OK
Women speaking out: BAN THAT SHIT

I'm so glad that Twitter are solving the real problems with their website.

If Twitter weren't my only point of regular contact with several friends I would be gone too. This is disgusting and indefensible.

MSNBC reported this morning that it was an automatic suspension based on too many tweets in rapid succession. Could be corporate bullshit though.

Bill Shatner would have been banned many years ago if that was true. He usually goes on a Twitter spree while he watches TV shows.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Threats of rape? Meh.
Threats of murder? Meh.
Literally threatening WW3? Meh.
Expose sexual abuse? WHOA. Stop that!
Yup. Twitter doesn't give a fuck, and when it does, it's for a bad cause. Fuck them.

I still find it funny (well, not really) that Gamergate was banned from 4chan of all places, and allowed to fester on Twitter.

Everyone in my office is now wondering what I shouted "WTF!" about.

I think at this point the hood is off of Twitter, YT/Google, FB... the whole lot. They're not allies of progressive values, just the opposite in fact. And this has nothing to do with these companies being run by young, out of touch billionaires. They're not the first group of brash minds to invade the tech industry but they seem to be mostly a group of alt-right shitheels.

Madness

THAT's offensive, but our president's account is untouched??

Bruh.

Well you just answered why the account is untouched. He is the President of the United States. One tweet about a company causes stocks to go down causing millions in losses. One tweet about NFL tax breaks causes Goodell to issue a memo for players to stand etc. You think twitter is going to ban him and invite what would happen next? Rose McGowan is expendable. The Preaident isn't.

I honestly even said to my friends yesterday. Weinstein everyone has found to scapegoat for Hollywood but no way was Ben Affleck and all the others going to tolerate being blamed for anything and bam, Rose is suddenly silenced. No way will WB allow Justice League and their future Batman plans be overshadowed with Ben Affleck groping Hilarie Burton or being complicit with Weinstein. It is a shitty world we live in.

TS-08

Plus if its an offensive tweet can't they just delete it themselves?

Yeah that seems strange. Why put enforcement of the rules in the hands of the alleged offender? It's not like I can't go and view her timeline right now. If the tweets are still there, that's a strange policy for removing content that violates rules. If the tweets are somehow hidden but waiting deletion from McGowan, then what's the point? Why not just delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom