• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter suspends Rose McGowans account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I don't know anything about the people who run/created twitter, but is it like confirmed at this point that they are alt-right shitbags?

TS-08

I'm assuming each of the marked tweets have an option to contest the reported reason.

If the tweet breaches the TOS such that Twitter believes it should be deleted, then they need to delete or otherwise remove the tweet themselves pending such a contest, then restore it if such an appeal is successful. Surely they have that capability.

Charlie Warzel about the double standard

x7lrY2X.png

Eggbok

Not defending Twitter but I have a friend that was suspended for tweeting too much. It's shitty and very inconsistent but it's possible. It was called Twitter jail I think.

This whole situation is fucked for sure though.

I wish there was legitimately well-moderated social media. I wish there was an option for people who left Facebook for Twitter and now want to leave Twitter for... something.

NeoGAF - and specific subreddits - are the only services I use with meaningful moderation.

I agree. Nobody on here would get banned for pointing out someone's past sexual harassment.

Takuan

I cannot see this being intentional. There is no way they did this purposely with all of the dirt coming out of Hollywood.

Scuffed

It's a warning to her and everyone else speaking out to shut up or get banned again.

The industry wants this isolated to Weinstein and that once he goes down all is good in Hollywood again, no more sexual predators, it was just Harvey go back to sleep. Rose was venturing outside of the Harvey sphere and they can't have that.

I am leaning more toward a targeted harassment attack from the GG-affiliated mess than Ben or someone else in Hollywood trying to get her to shut up.

Eh, lately it seems like the the people in power are all alt-right fucks, which means nothing will actually change where it actually matters, like the workplace.

So I don't know anything about the people who run/created twitter, but is it like confirmed at this point that they are alt-right shitbags?

Twitter not even trying to hide their alt right ties anymore huh

They suspended her after she exposed a known liberal democrat celebrity.

BiggNife

It's less that they are alt-righters themselves and more that they enable alt-righters by not banning them unless they hit mainstream news like Milo, which is just as bad

There was an expose about twitter a while back where people who worked at the company basically said Twitter's owners are obsessed with the idea of free speech and to them that means that nazis and racists can say what they want because banning them would be blocking free speech

But also Twitter wants to make money so if a Hollywood company tells them to shut down Rose McGowan's twitter because it makes them look bad, they'll do it, free speech be damned

It's a ridiculous double standard

TS-08

The only thing I can think of with respect to asking her to delete certain tweets if this suspension was for tweeting too much at once is that it's some method of making the account user prove they aren't a bot or something. Otherwise I don't get it.

I'm just confused because you implied that this is entertaining with your first post

Unless I misunderstood you

Yeah, I worded it wrong.

I like Twitter because it can be entertaining. The situation that's happening with Rose, not entertaining.....but is F'd up.

The only thing I can think of with respect to asking her to delete certain tweets if this suspension was for tweeting too much at once is that it's some method of making the account user prove they aren't a bot or something. Otherwise I don't get it.

She has a verified account so that doesn't seem likely.

Probably Hollywood flexing its muscles to protect its big name stars. Cant be putting their billion dollar franchises in bad spotlight, not at all!

You can toss Hollywood into the fire along with Twitter and Facebook. Happy to say I dont support any of these fucks anymore.

TS-08

Who knows? Twitter's "rules" are a load of shit to begin with. She didn't even tweet that much yesterday, especially when compared to bots or other things.

Oh I know. I don't even necessarily believe the stated reason. I'm just trying to figure out how the situation could even begin to make sense.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah, I worded it wrong.

I like Twitter because it can be entertaining. The situation that's happening with Rose, not entertaining.....but is F'd up.
Just edit your original post, and replace its contents with this post you just made

Otherwise people will repeatedly question you about that.

Scuffed

Twitter not even trying to hide their alt right ties anymore huh

The alt-right actually likes the Weinstein story and Fox is playing it non stop because they think it hurts Dems lol nevermind the fact that Trump is a sexual predator too. This ban is not political imo this is a Hollywood operation.

Phamit

She used cunt and motherfucker and so on in tweets, but those are things Twitter only ban when they feel like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom