• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two North American Superbeat Xonic Limited Editions Announced (950 units, 10/9 sale)

Takao

Banned
Facebook:
Hello everybody, today we have big news! Limited Editions of SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ will be available exclusively at PM Studios’ online store

https://superbeatxonic.ecwid.com/.

The preorders for Limited Editions will start on October 9, 2015
at 4PM (PST)!

We're going to have two Limited editions!

X-OTIC Collection (450 units available)
nNl3A25.jpg

- A copy of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC game
- an exclusive collectible Box,
- 2 Original Soundtrack Discs (57 tracks total),
- 2 LP records (4 sides with 57 tracks total) with an exclusive sleeve cover.

Price: $100.00 plus $15.00 S&H.
(Only available for United States, Canada and Mexico.)

X-CLUSIVE Collection (500 units available)
k3TyKls.jpg

- A copy of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC game
- 2 Original Soundtrack Discs (57 tracks total),

Price: $50 plus $8 S&H.
(Only available for United States, Canada, and Mexico.)

And we care about the one's who preordered in retail stores, Original Soundtrack will be available for $15 plus $5 S&H

You will be able to preorder too from our facebook page (Click on Products!

Please feel free to post your questions on the comments or via private message.

Nurijoy also released a how to play video earlier this week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, tempted by the cheaper LE, but $8 shipping? Seems a tad much.

I'll give it some thought. I missed out on the DJ Max Portable 3 LE or whatever the last PM Studios' LE was since I didn't have the funds.

Says the store under maintenence, seems like I missed out?

Sale starts tomorrow. It's in the OP.

Probably won't get this, since the shipping to Canada plus the currency conversion will probably kill me. But nice to finally see how you're supposed to play the game! Looks like a more complex version of the Persona 4: Dancing All Night system.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, it starts tomorrow at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET.

Just the game is $40, right? I guess after shipping, $58 for the game & OST isn't bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's the release date? Amazon & Best Buy says Oct. 27th, but GameStop says Nov. 10th. Could've sworn they had Oct. 27th originally. Secretly delayed?

Looks like I can't read then, haha. Sweet, thought I missed out. I'm just going for the cheaper one with the soundtrack. $100 and shipping, kind of a bit much even if it will be super limited.

FluxWaveZ

So what's the release date? Amazon & Best Buy says Oct. 27th, but GameStop says Nov. 10th. Could've sworn they had Oct. 27th originally. Secretly delayed?

It seems the game has been delayed, because Amazon just notified me of an updated shipping date to November 6.

Tapejara

Going to stick with the standard edition. Really want the X-Otic, but if the price is in USD that means it'll come out to af least $145 CAD before taxes :(.

kagamin

I wanna play this game! ^_^ That gameplay tutorial makes the game seem so much more simple than I thought it would be, I cannot wait tbh.

And apparently one of the versions—an NA import version?—is being published by Atlus USA in Japan? Or something weird? I dunno.

Atlus USA is handling retail distribution of the NA version. Without a distribution partner, we would have been stuck with webstore orders only like with the last DJMax.

Looks like the cheaper LE is just the game and soundtrack bundled together, so it looks to be slightly cheaper to order from Best Buy with GCU and buy the soundtrack separately.

Tizoc

So this being a rhythm game...how is it compared to say P4DAN? Is it as easy or harder?
I'm really bad at these kinds of games but I do enjoy them :X

RMI

Banned
well damn. I am really hyped for this game so I'll at least get the $50 pack. Not sure about the $100 one.

Yasumi

Banned
So this being a rhythm game...how is it compared to say P4DAN? Is it as easy or harder?
I'm really bad at these kinds of games but I do enjoy them :X
At its easiest, probably around P4D. At its hardest, likely far above P4D. This team has a massive rhythm game development history.

Tizoc

I doubt easiest Xonic = King Crazy P4D.

I have yet to get King Crazy, best I ever got was Brilliant rating in Free Mode :p
Oh well this one being rare retail release has me wanting to buy it, but it's already the 9th over here, how many hours til I can start buying?

jzbluz

I like the black box from the $100 Edition, but it's too rich for me. I'm tempted on skipping digital and splurging on the $50 one, even though it will probably be ~$80 with how crap our dollar is right now.

BTA

I've never played any of these before but I've been itching to play a rhythm game, and it coming with the full soundtrack has really sold me. Here's hoping I can actually keep up with it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up everyone: I was in charge of making the OT for this game, but due to a trip I probably won't be able to do so anymore. The delay gives me more time you adjust, but I rather pass the torch two someone else. Work is very irregular for me these days.
That I did know, but as the actual publisher of the game? It must be a mistake or I'm reading the Amazon Japan listing wrong.
I think it's just a case of reverse importing. I've bought stuff from Amazon UK and FR and I live in Canada.

That I did know, but as the actual publisher of the game? It must be a mistake or I'm reading the Amazon Japan listing wrong.

Looks like import copies of games on Amazon Japan list a "world" publisher in addition to the publisher for Japan. I would guess the "Japan" publisher must be the company selling the product in Japan.

I think it's just a case of reverse importing. I've bought stuff from Amazon UK and FR and I live in Canada.

Amazon Japan will not ship video games outside of Japan.

Heads up everyone: I was in charge of making the OT for this game, but due to a trip I probably won't be able to do so anymore. The delay gives me more time you adjust, but I rather pass the torch two someone else. Work is very irregular for me these days.
I have a pretty crazy work schedule myself but I can probably put something together if no one else can. I had mistakenly thought that someone had taken over for you already, oops!

What? There is a new DJMax game coming? Why did no one told me D:
Teeccccchnically it's not DJMAX since Neowiz still owns the rights to that franchise. But this game is created by former Pentavision staff, so I guess you can think of it as the next DJMAX if you'd like.

FluxWaveZ

gundalf

Teeccccchnically it's not DJMAX since Neowiz still owns the rights to that franchise. But this game is created by former Pentavision staff, so I guess you can think of it as the next DJMAX if you'd like.

Well on the Facebook page it says DJMAX. But yeah, what matters is that we finally get a Keysound game!

Well on the Facebook page it says DJMAX. But yeah, what matters is that we finally get a Keysound game!

I'm not quite sure how that came to be; it's not even the Facebook page that Pentavision Global managed at the time of Technika Tune's release. That page renamed itself and freed up its former alias for some other party, which is apparently doing the SUPERBEAT: XONiC promo work now.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC isn't keysounded.

NoKisum

Redirect me if this is not the place for this type of request, but is there some way I can quickly stream at least a decent amount of the soundtrack? I'm still on the fence on the game, and want to hear the general sounds of the soundtrack.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Paid for the $100 LE. Crossing my fingers that the transaction went ok.

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAS got my confirmation email!

Top Bottom