• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two North American Superbeat Xonic Limited Editions Announced (950 units, 10/9 sale)

jzbluz

Got the OST only just in case I can get the game cheaper. I'm really regretting not preordering at BB's E3 sale/recent 15% off sale...

cj_iwakura

So this being a rhythm game...how is it compared to say P4DAN? Is it as easy or harder?
I'm really bad at these kinds of games but I do enjoy them :X

Much much much harder. Not as gimmicky, though(at least I hope not). I wasn't a fan of Technika compared to classic DJM, mind you.

I am also extremely bummed there's no BGA. It's expected in a Korean rhythm game at this point, especially given Andamiro and Pentavision's history.

At first I thought this was kind of neat, but then the more I think about it, A.) If they're Korean, doesn't that mean you're region locked to the Korean PSN, & B.) Why give me a chance to win a Vita when I'm buying game that's played on the system I'm trying to win?
I think it's just the vita and whatever shown in the pic. Not the game itself.

And for the color. Since.na barely gets any colored love

Tizoc

Much much much harder. Not as gimmicky, though(at least I hope not). I wasn't a fan of Technika compared to classic DJM, mind you.

I am also extremely bummed there's no BGA. It's expected in a Korean rhythm game at this point, especially given Andamiro and Pentavision's history.

Define harder; I've beaten all stages of Free mode in P4DAN on Easy with Note Speed 1 :p

Sondar

Still filled out the form... might even help them to let RSG know some of us want the same version.

Yep, I filled mine out before 7:00AM GMT this morning (a member posted details on the first page) & they confirmed on Facebook that it ships to Europe. Let's hope it goes through ok. :)

RMI

Banned
Will the $50 version come in a special box or do they just ship the game and OST together?

they specify a special box for the $100 version so I suspect that there's no box for the $50 version.

I wound up ordering the $50 version just cause $100 + S&H seems a bit extreme, and the vinyls are cool but I'm unlikely to ever put them on.

I'm excited for this game but disappointed they've gone with a generic visualization for each track rather than the animated stuff that they had for Technika Tune.

Yasumi

Banned
Stream just ended. I don't think I'll ever be good enough for 6 trax, except maybe using touch. The guy did it with a controller on a Vita TV.

Edit: From the Facebook page.
Attention International Preorders!: We had a mistake in our database, we need you guys submit your request one more time.
http://bit.ly/XONICWORLDPREORDERS
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience

Cheddahz

Banned
QCqDho7.png

Any way for a developer to get approval for an account faster?

megalowho

Man, the limited edition packaging looks great and I really want that vinyl but don't have the extra funds to splurge on this right now. If it's still up in a week I'll grab one.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Got the OST only just in case I can get the game cheaper. I'm really regretting not preordering at BB's E3 sale/recent 15% off sale...
Are you based in Canada? I can't cancel by Amazon preorder cause otherwise I would lose my discount for the other games. PM if you are interested in it.

Yeah, I can't justify cancelling my separate orders for the game and soundtrack (if I even can, for the soundtrack) just to try for a 1-in-500 lottery ticket.

And I think it's pretty clear that the $50 LE has nothing else, like a box, in it. If it did, the picture would show that.

At first I thought this was kind of neat, but then the more I think about it, A.) If they're Korean, doesn't that mean you're region locked to the Korean PSN, & B.) Why give me a chance to win a Vita when I'm buying game that's played on the system I'm trying to win?

A.) You can use whatever PSN you want on any Vita system. Nothing is region locked on Vita. The only thing is that carts can't use DLC from other regions.

B.) It's a different collector's edition and is almost completely impossible to get. If you bought one of the collector's editions in NA, it's likely that you collect things and would perhaps enjoy having another highly collectible item related to your interests. Barring that, you also would easily be able to sell it.

win-win for you

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH, so you can choose which region when you're setting your Vita? I think I forgot about that. I thought it was like other systems where you were tied to the online store of whatever region you bought it from. & yeah, knew that it was region free when it came to retail games, but when it comes to DLC, that won't work unless you do a complicated & tedious process of switching regions/memory cards.

I guess another thing would be keep the LE, sell your older Vita, assuming the transfer is easy to deal with. In any case, it'll be interesting to see if anyone here gets one ticket.

L.O.R.D

why this game very popular here ? is there a game before it ?
i love rhythm games , but i am not very good at them
but this game look extremely painful and very hard

why this game very popular here ? is there a game before it ?
i love rhythm games , but i am not very good at them
but this game look extremely painful and very hard

Though I don't expect Xonic to be a particularly easy rhythm game, it is worth noting that most (all?) of the videos out there show gameplay footage on higher difficulties. There will almost certainly be lower difficulties that ease you into the basic gameplay. The tutorial video is probably more representative of the beginner/easy modes.

igor

Does anyone k ow when is the game released in Europe and whether it's RIsing Star that is releasing it here? I just preordered it off Amazon because ShopTo was acting up but there was one from Altus and one from rising star - with different release dates. I just need to make sure it's the European version for the DLC...

Anyway stupid excited for this - unfortunately it won't have the production values of DJ max games but hopefully the gameplay is up there too.

Does anyone k ow when is the game released in Europe and whether it's RIsing Star that is releasing it here? I just preordered it off Amazon because ShopTo was acting up but there was one from Altus and one from rising star - with different release dates. I just need to make sure it's the European version for the DLC...

Anyway stupid excited for this - unfortunately it won't have the production values of DJ max games but hopefully the gameplay is up there too.

Yeah the one from RSG is the EU version. There's no release date yet

dkoy

Every time I see a DJMax related LEs I want to start collecting but there are too many and they're all probably really expensive. I'll just have to be satisfied with just the game. Hopefully it comes to Aus too.

dkoy

BTA

Superbeat Xonic |OT| So fast, can't put your hands on it

I'll accept nothing less.

(It took me a day after pre-ordering this even for it to click that Pentavision having made that meant that the music in this would end up being similar. That's when I got way more excited about it.)

(It took me a day after pre-ordering this even for it to click that Pentavision having made that meant that the music in this would end up being similar. That's when I got way more excited about it.)
That's a good point. Can we work a DJMAX reference into the OT title for those unaware of the connection?

igor

Superbeat Xonic |OT| Practice makes perfect, never give it up!

;)

I'm so excited, none of the music games for Vita have REALLY scratched that DJ Max Portable itch. Technika is physically painful for me to play for longer than half an hour, Project Diva is sometimes too Japanese... Xonic won't be DJMP in HD, but I am hoping it will be competent enough. The tracks on soundcloud seem really promising.

Hello everybody! It tooks us a while to get approved but we're here.
We're really happy by all the NeoGaf community support, I would like to answer any questions you guys may have, so please feel free to

So do we get the game on release day or not? This preorder website is awful.

Yes you will, maybe a bit earlier depending of shipping distance.

How can we improve our website? Feedback is well received

anyone know how many tracks the game will have?
Over 45

Will the $50 version come in a special box or do they just ship the game and OST together?
At start it's just game + OST, but we're preparing a little surprise as thanks for the support.

There is no region lock in the console.

This edition is different of the north american one and a great collection set for any DJMAX Fan:

- PlayStation®Vita 2000 Wi-Fi Console (Neon Orange / Aqua Blue)
- PS Vita 16GB Memory Card (PCH-Z161G)
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC Game
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC O.S.T (2CD)
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC Visual Collection (16pcs)

Dice//

Banned
I thought Xonic was some sort of 'Sonic' game where they attempt to make him cool again.

That aside, this is a pleasant, non-sonic-related surprise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At start it's just game + OST, but we're preparing a little surprise as thanks for the support.

There is no region lock in the console.

This edition is different of the north american one and a great collection set for any DJMAX Fan:

- PlayStation®Vita 2000 Wi-Fi Console (Neon Orange / Aqua Blue)
- PS Vita 16GB Memory Card (PCH-Z161G)
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC Game
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC O.S.T (2CD)
- SUPERBEAT: XONiC Visual Collection (16pcs)
Ooo, a something special? Can't wait to see what it is.

Oh, so it more than just the system, & it's the 2000 model to boot? Well, I kind of stand by my original thoughts (buy a copy of the game for a chance to win...a copy of the same game just feels a bit strange, but it's not like you guys are the first to do this sort of thing, & I'm not trying to sound negative about it), but others have stated the overall value of the bundle (not to mention system colors here are very limiting), plus knowing it's the newer model kind of interests me now since it could replace my launch day model. & like I've said, it's still neat that you guys are doing this giveaway, & seeing that there's more than just the system makes it better. Would be neat if someone here were to win.

Now hopefully, I can get Technika Tune someday or hope for a PSN sale. Missed out on its LE since I didn't have the funds. Glad you guys were able to bring DJ Max Fever & Portable 3 over to the US, had a lot of fun with them, even going so far as to getting a 99,999 combo in BOTH games.

Hi pm studio. Is there song dlcs in the work?

The 1st DLC Collaboration pack, features songs and 8 usable icons of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Magical Beat!
For the North American version, Heavy Day and the icon set will be unlocked in the game, meanwhile BLUE Desire and TunTun-Moonlight will be released as DLC.

We have other contents on work but i can't disclose details yet ^^

simtmb

I have been out of the loop for almost 5 years, but happy to come across this thread.

Such a long time that i have ordered something like this, so i got the X-Otic edition.

Thanks OP :)

Redhood

Is this game touchscreen only? If yes I am gonna have to pass. I couldn't get into Dj MAX and now it just lies in a corner.

NolbertoS

Bought rhe $50 dollar version. The $100 version looked tempting, but I'm trying to cut down on CE's and that and vinyl records hold no nostalgia for me. Hope its as good as DJ Technatune

Top Bottom