• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Y0j1mb0

Here's hoping the money is going directly towards the funding of Street Fighter V and not towards hooker and booze.

Can't wait to try this out.

Right there with you. Wish it would of been up for pre order as I would of been playing midnight tonight.

farisr

The last Street Fighter game I bought was Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Remix for the PS3.

I've always preferred the old Street Fighters, but I didn't mind EX 3D series.

so that being said, how do these new SF games play?....they look different, fireballs look slow..spacing and hit detection looks different.

Although EX looked different and was 3D, gameplay still seemed to me similar to the older series.

If you were okay with EX series, and prefer the older Street Fighters you should at least be okay with this. imo this is actually closer in gameplay to the older games than EX.

pizzacat

Banned
Asking again because why not Would I be able to use these controllers

mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-fightpad-chun-li-game-pad-wireless.jpg

Philly40

It'll be up with the normal store update since it's not available for pre-order.

Predicting when things will turn up on PSN is always tricky, but they've said it will release worldwide on the 26th, and EU always updates on the Wednesday (which would be the 27th May).

So there is a chance it will turn up soon on EU store tonight, but I'm holding zero amount of breaths

prwxv3

I'm wondering what the player base is going to look like after a few months. I can see many PS3 players migrating to the PS4 version, but I'm not sure about the 360 players. Should be interesting to see.

The player base should be pretty good. The ps4 is the fighting game console right now.

Gatzor

Banned
Arcade mode first, then pick a character to work on, do their trials, hit the training room and work on fundamentals, then go online for matchup experience.

Not this. Arcade mode is a complete waste of time, as is trials. Hit up the interwebs for basic bread and butters and information on concepts like option selecting, then practice it online. Everything outside of being a lab monster or actually just playing is pretty pointless if you are just trying to learn the game

Honestly though I don't really understand the timing of this re-release? I get that it is nice for the FGC to have both street fighters on one console, but I just really hope new adapters dont pick up this game expecting SF5 to be anywhere near the same in scale

after all, SF4 has had 6 updates.

Is a fight stick worth it if I have a crappy TV that has high input lag?
I've played the game with a ds4, will I be better with a stick?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Do we know if the stick usage will be the same as on MKX? That gets quite annoying an can cause slight troubles during tournament time. I've had matches literally interrupted because the system decided to randomly check the opponent's stick out of nowhere.

It's impossible to tell if you can do better. One thing is that you aren't limited as a controller player. Over the past few years some of the best pro players use standard controllers. NuckleDu (a Guile player) won Combo Breaker yesterday using a Dual Shock. Some people simply feel more comfortable using standard controllers than sticks.

pizzacat

Banned
I put in 166 hours in Ultra PC. Would it be worth it to buy the PS4 version for the new playerbase?
Imo yea, with the announcement of SFV being ps4 only I'm guessing a lot of players went ps4 so you're going to be seeing a bigger and probably better player base

Probably

nikos

Hoping this shows up in the store earlier in the day considering it's already there for MVP. Not sure how normal that is as far as other releases go.

Playing with a stick isn't going to improve your reaction time, or spacing, or knowledge of the opposing character, or anything else except maybe your ability to pull off some combos if the stick is more comfortable. Some mechanics like plinking are easier on a stick, but you won't worry about that until you're playing at a very high level.

Try one out, if playing on it seems more fun grab one, but don't buy a stick thinking it'll make you better at the game.

Playing with a stick isn't going to improve your reaction time, or spacing, or knowledge of the opposing character, or anything else except maybe your ability to pull off some combos if the stick is more comfortable. Some mechanics like plinking are easier on a stick, but you won't worry about that until you're playing at a very high level.

Try one out, if playing on it seems more fun grab one, but don't buy a stick thinking it'll make you better at the game.
I completely disagree with this. Buying a stick made me way better at the game (TE). I'm playing on pad for this anyway, but it changed everything on Xbox.

Man, I REALLY hope I'm not gonna have the input lag issue I had with MKX.
I've seen several people report that the also had input lag with their sticks in MKX and some were saying that it happened because NRS modified the driver but I can't find a source stating such.

ZeroX03

Banned
Honestly though I don't really understand the timing of this re-release? I get that it is nice for the FGC to have both street fighters on one console, but I just really hope new adapters dont pick up this game expecting SF5 to be anywhere near the same in scale

after all, SF4 has had 6 updates.

EVO is running USF4 on the PS4. Will be good for the FGC to get some actual play time on it.

The price is good, but I played all the iterations of Street Fighter 4 on Xbox 360 and I have the official SF4 arcade stick which obviously won't work on PS4.

Top Bottom