• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Gah, bought this at work without a second thought after all the "definitive edition" hype, and now all these conflicting reports. Eager to get home and give it a go myself to see if the stories are true...

Dartastic

Did the other publishers learn nothing from MCC?
This port was certainly in development when MCC was launched. There couldn't have been time to learn from that mistake.
Gah, bought this at work without a second thought after all the "definitive edition" hype, and now all these conflicting reports. Eager to get home and give it a go myself to see if the stories are true...
Haven't really seen many conflicting reports... This port is poo.

This is so disappointing to hear. I was really looking forward to this, even though this will probably be like the 10th time buying this game.

This port was certainly in development when MCC was launched. There couldn't have been time to learn from that mistake.

Haven't really seen many conflicting reports... This port is poo.

I suppose not. Could have put it through another round or two of QA though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think at this point you have a good case for a law suit considering they blatantly said they would remove the input lag and make this game "tournament ready". They have not only failed to deliver on that front but they managed to make things even worse.

Hope it happens, fucking deserve it for lying straight to our faces.

There isn't

Wow, well damn, that explains a lot. They knew they messed up.

farisr

Besides glitches, are there issues with frame rate, frame data, and/or any game breaking issues?

Framerate is rock solid.

At least one of the glitches posted in this topic resulted in the user having to reset the game in order to be able to play it properly, so I'd call that game breaking.

No idea about frame data.

Dubz

it's too bad I already spent the $25 but I'm sure it will get patched eventually. Sucks for pro types that will be playing at EVO, but there's no way that EVO plays this version in this state. The 360 version lives another day.

Darknight

So um wasnt Sony supposed to port this over? Why did they hire some 3rd party dev to do the port and not themselves?

I really thought if Sony was gonna fund some of these games via their 3rd party initiative, they would be the ones responsible for the port in house. Kinda makes me worried about Yakuza 5 and any other projects they are bringing to the west.

Grimløck;165320238 said:
the input delay is harshing my high. who do i contact for a refund?

You should call sony support, explain the issues and ask for a refund. In my experience
(at least with xbox support) calling right now would be best as they won't be as cooperative if you do it later

Not sure why the "Press Start" thing is an issue at all.

They don't literally mean "press the start button", because you've always been able to press X as well (in fact, I'm willing to guess most people press X).

"Press Start" is an obvious throwback to the arcade culture the series grew from. Do you really want them to change it to "Press Option"? Yeah, neither do I.

Honestly, I don't care about anything but arcade perfect gameplay and good netcode...which they're obviously going to patch.

Soooooo, why couldn't Capcom have ported this themselves?

I'm sure you could think of FIVE good reasons. I'm not sure how many people you guys think work at Capcom...but, in reality it's probably less than you imagine.

Reminds me of a lot of the recent PS+ games that launch busted that also pass through Sonys Third Party Products alot of the time.

Sony really need to start hiring better developers to do their porting work. Seems like unless its a 2d game it will launch broken if they handle it.

I think at the end of the day, the game isn't worth buying if you already have USF4 on another console. If you don't, the glitches aren't that bad, it's definitely worth the purchase.

Can't wait to see EVO this year :)

HORRORSHØW

From what I saw, the more consecutive matches you play, the bigger number of letters in your name will appear(?)

So for example: your first online match after initializing will have both names. 2nd match, no names. 3rd match, a little bit of the first letter is shown by the character icon. 4th match the first letter appears. And it keeps on going, untill everything is displayed, and a second set of characters is displayed by the life bar.
i dunno. i'm getting this crap now:

CF_ApHJVEAAFUPY.jpg

so after playing USFIV for quite sometime today. mostly offline practice mode. This port is freaking garbage. I would like a refund. This crap is sooo trash. I can't believe this will be used on EVO. good fing luck. no one will show up to play this "Definitive edition" AKA trash edition. Why in the world would they hire the people who ported MK trilogy. They messed that up sooo badly. And same goes for USFIV.

HORRORSHØW

so after playing USFIV for quite sometime today. mostly offline practice mode. This port is freaking garbage. I would like a refund. This crap is sooo trash. I can't believe this will be used on EVO. good fing luck. no one will show up to play this "Definitive edition" AKA trash edition. Why in the world would they hire the people who ported MK trilogy. They messed that up sooo badly. And same goes for USFIV.

i'm with you. who do we contact for a refund? i'll pick it up later if they ever get around to making it right.

UberTag

The unfortunate truth is that a lot of times dev studios who do ports are ones who aren't good enough to create original content.
What happens when they're not even competent enough to release a decent port?
Do they get shut down or do they simply keep getting chances due to being cheap as fuck?
Because I think it's the latter.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Exactly, this is not the first time they hire a cheap studio. Look at Call of Duty and Resistance Vita.

Now we have Street Fighter and I'm pretty sure Revelations Vita will join the list.

Its not even funny anymore, its just sad. Why would Sony put up so much money if they weren't going to give SF4 the last treatment it deserved so SFV could come in with a bang?

vulva

Do they get shut down or do they simply keep getting chances due to being cheap as fuck?

Definitely the latter. They'll put in the lowest bid to a publisher to get the contract, then under perform because of their low budget and lack of skill to back it up.

Garbage companies like the one responsible for USFIV should be shut down. Bunch of talentless devs leeching off others work. And even then they fail at that.

Sarobi

Banned
This is pretty embarrassing.
Hopefully the news has gotten to Sony, and they yell at someone to fix this quick.

Top Bottom