• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Yeah i agree, i know its frowned upon to say that kind of stuff, but if you deliver such shitty quality work do you even deserve to exist as a developer.

I'm not quite so sure id be willing to put all these people out of work like that.

At the end of the day, it seems pretty clear someone wanted to do a cheap ps4 port, it's Sony's deal but capcoms ip.

I don't often believe studios are untalented, these developers get picked because they can hit a date with the resources they are given, if they are cheap to hire, then even if they get "more expensive" they party paying for it will just find someone else who will fit their needs.

It's all on Capcom for me. They own street fighter, it's their game, with more resources or time (which if Sony is footing the bill for Capcom should have said they need more) i think other ocean could have done the job expected of them, but as it is they did what they were afforded the opportunity to do.

Make a fuss to 3rdppt at Sony and Capcom, hopefully they will fix it.

Of course, none of that makes anyone in here feel better but still.

NeOak

well, i don't know much about how SCE works but i think i never saw Shu said anything about 3rd party games. I think Adam Boyes is in charge for that but for 3rd party games port or #buildthelist i think Gio (head of 3rd party production team) has a role
Tweet all three. Problem solved.

Last time Sony did a third party productions port with Iron Galaxy it did not turn out very well.

Maybe at some point they will just stop wasting money with these ports that don't seem to be worth it.

The recent Vita port of Disney Infinity 2.0 (another Third Party Productions funded effort) turned out like shit too.

vulva

zvhKTSA.jpg

Well... not sure what to do with this now

Sony should really just have their own internal porting team to keep this from happening cause this is not the first time and i bet it will not be the last shitty port.

vg260

I realize we're not halfway through the year yet, but this has got to be contender for blowup of the year.

It's not just a shitty port of an old game. It's a shitty port of an old game set as tournament standard with money behind it, before the fact under the assumption that it would be the definitive version of the game for that purpose.

We all bought it hook, line, and sinker, and now allot of people are paying the price. I'm very interested in seeing where things go from here.

Seriously. It's amazing how much was riding on this port assuming it would be perfect.

Houndi101

Alright put on your tin foil hats, Sony/Capcom botched the port to screw their own sales and say "See, people didn't buy it even if we from the goodness of our hearts gave them legacy controller support!" -> No Lab Zero driver with SFV

Cuyejo

There's literally only two devs with a flawless game porting record: Bluepoint games and Hexadrive, why companies still let other devs ruin their legacy with shoddy ports escapes my mind.

Dai101

Banned
There's literally only two devs with a flawless game porting record: Bluepoint games and Hexadrive, why companies still let other devs ruin their legacy with shoddy ports escapes my mind.

They're cheap and deliver on time due to said cheapness.

t26

They are both working on other projects. Blue points 's metal gear isn't flawless (but close). Blue point also don't have any experience with ps4

AEREC

damn...glad I got the PC version when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Almost didn't because this version was coming out and I thought it would be the definitive version.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Thanks . This is a slap to the face after being so hyped to be able to play one of my favourite games on my current most used console.

I feel your pain man. This is the first time I'm that pissed I want to complain. Ive even got ultra sealed on 360 and bought it digitally I own it on every platform available. PS3 pc. 3ds. I always show support with Street fighter. I bought it the second I got home because I was reading on here it had no issues of frame delay Etc then I have to put up with psn God awful download speed. I downloaded witcher 3 in under an hour on my pc. After an hour on ps4 I was at 800 megabytes. It's a joke. Sorry fir ranting I'm really gutted right now I want my money back. Ive not loaded it once so I might try get a refund, I hear horror story's about refunds tho?

The end credits for this game are hilarious. It already had guys moving in slow motion but when it's put through the PS4 USF4 underwater filter...

Uh

Did they take out the ability to assign JPN and ENG voices to characters individually?
You have to clear arcade mode first.

Top Bottom