• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Pretty sure no one did.

Yep i agree. The fact that they released info on the game 2 days before release with 0 promotion. You can guarantee that this port was going to be trash. I was too naive, hopeful, and was blinded by my love for SF to pay these scammers 25 bucks. /sigh....

lupinko

I'm surprised Sony went with shitty Backbone remnants even though they've used Bluepoint who are fucking godly at porting (and upgrading) in the past.

Should have hired a studio like Bluepoint or Iron Galaxy, instead they hired a studio that cannot even port SNES/Genesis games to a PS3 properly. Sony/Capcom step it up or do not bother at all. Stop hiring developers that will work for a Pizza and a 6 pack of beer because this is the quality you get.

vulva

This is really scummy.

This is pretty common though. Devs always low ball publishers and then try to renegotiate their contract saying they need more help along the way. It's frustrating that these companies who will underperform get work because they present themselves as cheap as a pitch while other studios that are up front and honest about the budget are pushed aside.

I'm surprised Sony went with shitty Backbone remnants even though they've used Bluepoint who are fucking godly at porting (and upgrading) in the past.

Bro every company should hire blue point for ports. They are the best at that shit in this industry. No one even comes to close to them when it comes to porting.

Paltheos

I realize we're not halfway through the year yet, but this has got to be contender for blowup of the year.

It's not just a shitty port of an old game. It's a shitty port of an old game set as tournament standard with money behind it, before the fact under the assumption that it would be the definitive version of the game for that purpose.

We all bought it hook, line, and sinker, and now allot of people are paying the price. I'm very interested in seeing where things go from here.

Biker19

Banned
Should have hired a studio like Bluepoint or Iron Galaxy, instead they hired a studio that cannot even port Arcade/SNES/Genesis games to a PS3 properly. Sony/Capcom step it up or do not bother at all. Stop hiring developers that will work for a Pizza and a 6 pack of beer because this is the quality you get.

Backbone Entertainment, Other Ocean, High Voltage Software, etc. all need to be shut down.

Man, crazy how these went from basic glitches to straight up Rainbow Edition shit.

Bro every company should hire blue point for ports. They are the best at that shit in this industry. No one even comes to close to them when it comes to porting.

There's a few other godlike ones. M2 and Hexadrive both come to mind.

VariantX

Should have hired a studio like Bluepoint or Iron Galaxy, instead they hired a studio that cannot even port SNES/Genesis games to a PS3 properly. Sony/Capcom step it up or do not bother at all. Stop hiring developers that will work for a Pizza and a 6 pack of beer because this is the quality you get.

Have to agree here. There are too many people who do good work in this area to not have looked to those guys first. It's not far-fetched to assume sales will be lost for this game because of all the issues people are discovering now. There better be a patch that fixes all of this and fixes it completely very soon.

Valnen

I realize we're not halfway through the year yet, but this has got to be contender for blowup of the year.

It's not just a shitty port of an old game. It's a shitty port of an old game set as tournament standard with money behind it, before the fact under the assumption that it would be the definitive version of the game for that purpose.

We all bought it hook, line, and sinker, and now allot of people are paying the price. I'm very interested in seeing where things go from here.

If they don't fix this, and quick, it's a rather unforgivable error.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

So they have a track record? Complete fault on Sony's end. Whoever did the ok for this should be heavily reprimanded.

This is pretty common though. Devs always low ball publishers and then try to renegotiate their contract saying they need more help along the way. It's frustrating that these companies who will underperform get work because they present themselves as cheap as a pitch while other studios that are up front and honest about the budget are pushed aside.

Wow, just wow. I lose faith in certain aspects of the gaming industry when business is done like this.

I'm really enjoying the theatrics in all this.

Buckle your seat belt, we'll hear something from both Sony and Capcom pretty soon since no one is accepting this.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Man, crazy how these went from basic glitches to straight up Rainbow Edition shit.

There's a few other godlike ones. M2 and Hexadrive both come to mind.
I would say Just Add Water should be added to that list imo.

Have to agree here. There are too many people who do good work in this area to not have looked to those guys first. It's not far-fetched to assume sales will be lost for this game because of all the issues people are discovering now. There better be a patch that fixes all of this and fixes it completely very soon.

Because they are actually talented devs. And probably cost lot more to hire them. Sony cut corners here. And hired talentless devs like other ocean.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Last time Sony did a third party productions port with Iron Galaxy it did not turn out very well.

Maybe at some point they will just stop wasting money with these ports that don't seem to be worth it.

Also that Guile's Sonic Boom glitch is pretty awesome.

Valnen

Last time Sony did a third party productions port with Iron Galaxy it did not turn out very well.

Maybe at some point they will just stop wasting money with these ports that don't seem to be worth it.

Also that Guile's Sonic Boom glitch is pretty awesome.

Ports are very much worth it. When done right.

Rean

Grimløck;165321279 said:
i dunno. i'm getting this crap now:

CF_ApHJVEAAFUPY.jpg
That happened to me as well.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shu's only responsible for 1st party games. You should tweet to Gio, he's in charge for this port

Gio is gonna hide until this is all over. Guarantee you he won't respond to a single person. He knew what product was going to come out and didn't even bother trying to fix the situation.

Isn't Shu higher in the chain than Gio?

And didn't Gio approve this wreck of a port?

well, i don't know much about how SCE works but i think i never saw Shu said anything about 3rd party games. I think Adam Boyes is in charge for that but for 3rd party games port or #buildthelist i think Gio (head of 3rd party production team) has a role

Top Bottom