• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Jomjom

Banned
I hope this doesn't get fixed and EVO goes back to the 360 version. That would be so embarrassing with Sony backing the SF competition scene so heavily. They need to learn a lesson so that this crap never happens again.

did he confirmed this on twitter?

Yes confirmed. They have the option and will revert back to the 360 version if the PS4 stays in its current state.

Yudoken

Hey, there is at least a pc version which is great!
But this is really bad, hopefully they will this version.
At least you don't need a powerful pc for it and the mods are fantastic!

Hasney

Even if the lag by default were the case on PS3, Guilty Gear Xrd is down to USF4 360 levels of input lag on both PS3 and PS4, so it's doable.

I hope this doesn't get fixed and EVO goes back to the 360 version. That would be so embarrassing with Sony backing the SF competition scene so heavily. They need to learn a lesson so that this crap never happens again.

I hope for the people who spent 25 bucks on the game (including myself), it does get fixed. Don't make the customers suffer just because you want to see Sony get embarrassed.

L2P

Neo Member
From what I remember the main people that complained about input lag on PS3 were American/European players that didnt have access to SF4 cabs, since sf4 cabs had the same amount of input lag as the PS3. Of course since most majors were held in the US, most tournaments were on the 360. EVO was the exception until last year when MS sponsored the event. It's also why some jpn players complained about dropping combos on the 360 version of the game, because of the lag difference.

ding ding ding - PS3 has always been fine but XBOX sold more units and became the "standard" for US. From a technical perspective, PS3 was the most identical.

Just asked for a refund:

Helpful.

What exactly are you telling them?

The problem is that they won't recognize the issue unless Capcom says something or the amount of calls they get indicate there is something fundamentally wrong. You may have to wait a couple of days for this to become a larger issue and by then Capcom may comment on a patch in the works.

Just saying the game is broken isn't going to give them an idea of why you wan't a refund.

RobRSG

Even if the lag by default were the case on PS3, Guilty Gear Xrd is down to USF4 360 levels of input lag on both PS3 and PS4, so it's doable.

Tekken and Soul Calibur have less input lag on PS3 than X360.

It was doable last gen, there was some problem on their PS3 engine.

Wavebossa

So tempted to do a "Sony shot themself in the foot/Japanese shame-culture" post lol.

But yeah I agree, it would be a pretty bad look.

Duxxy3

Yes, went from Sony Sponsor to Microsoft Sponsor. I always thought the bigger issue with PS3's was marvel had more stages that lagged on PS3.

Every other major at that point had switched to the 360. Marvel lags on PS3 and the frame difference for SF4 (though, as I just learned, that favored western players).

So tempted to do a "Sony shot themself in the foot/Japanese shame-culture" post lol.

Too late. Already had it.

have you ever played on a sf4 cab? the PS3 version was fine

Not good enough for tournaments apparently.

well why select the PS3 version if there is another version that is just slightly better. If only to not have to listen to pro players complain about possible lag :D

I thought ps3 input latency suffered an extra 2 frames on all games due an issue with the ps3 itself. So 360 was the preferred tourny system for all fighters.

ding ding ding - PS3 has always been fine but XBOX sold more units and became the "standard" for US. From a technical perspective, PS3 was the most identical.

Something like that, but the Tekken scene was mostly from the Playstation side so people were fine with that. And the game has very few just frame combos.

Dai101

Banned

Someone already did it buddy:

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about FGC culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in casual land where you can become successful by being incompetent. If you screw someone over in the FGC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the FGC, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase USF4 and SFV for the PS4, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel USF4 and SFV for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165286653&postcount=147

Wavebossa

"Ultra Street Fighter IV Is Kinda Broken on PS4"

•Kotaku

"Yep, Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 sure looks great"

•Destructoid

I don't know what to say..

When it comes to stuff like this, I trust the opinion of pro gamers faaaaar more than either destructoid or kotaku. The pro gamers can tell you exactly what frame certain hit boxes are present on, exactly what range a grapple works at, etc etc.

I'm sorry but their understand is on a level that Kotaku and Destructiod don't even comprehend. That's not a diss or anything, its just... trust the ones who know imo.

Too late. Already had it.

Lol, this pleases me :D

RobRSG

well why select the PS3 version if there is another version that is just slightly better. If only to not have to listen to pro players complain about possible lag :D

Something like that, but the Tekken scene was mostly from the Playstation side so people were fine with that. And the game has very few just frame combos.

Tekken had more input lag on X360.

Imm0rt4l

From what I remember the main people that complained about input lag on PS3 were American/European players that didnt have access to SF4 cabs, since sf4 cabs had the same amount of input lag as the PS3. Of course since most majors were held in the US, most tournaments were on the 360. EVO was the exception until last year when MS sponsored the event. It's also why some jpn players complained about dropping combos on the 360 version of the game, because of the lag difference.
Yeah and this makes this issue at hand much more difficult to tackle. In the event that they can fix this, do they shoot for arcade perfect or 360? When people initially said it felt different, I'm just like we'll no shit, it's supposed to feel different. But numbers and anecdotes indicated that they missed their mark(whatever the fuck it was) by a wide margin.

Three

When it comes to stuff like this, I trust the opinion of pro gamers faaaaar more than either destructoid or kotaku. The pro gamers can tell you exactly what frame certain hit boxes are present on, exactly what range a grapple works at, etc etc.

I'm sorry but their understand is on a level that Kotaku and Destructiod don't even comprehend. That's not a diss or anything, its just... trust the ones who know imo.

Thing is, some FGC people (like Lando above) are saying it's good and others are saying it's not. I assume it depends on the stick/controller used, much like last gen. Stick backwards compatibility might not have been worth it much like Mortal Kombat x.

hesido

Do people still not understand that Sony / MS cert is not for shit like this? Cert is to make sure all regulations have been followed, and that there aren't security flaws. It's not their responsibility to check dumb shit like this.

EDIT - 10/10

Cert is to make sure all regulations have been followed, including proper button prompts for your platform.

Duxxy3

Yeah and this makes this issue at hand much more difficult to tackle. In the event that they can fix this, do they shoot for arcade perfect or 360? When people initially said it felt different, I'm just like we'll no shit, it's supposed to feel different. But numbers and anecdotes indicated that they missed their mark(whatever the fuck it was) by a wide margin.

The western players will throw a fit if the game doesn't run as well as the 360 version. 360 version is the standard outside of japan.

FiggyCal

Banned

Lol, this pleases me :D

They are just compiling what other people are saying. I doubt anyone at kotaku would actually notice any of the subtle gameplay changes. And we still don't know how far those changes go and that's a sad thought.

Idk about destructoid. I never thought they were a great site to begin with.

Wavebossa

Thing is, some FGC people (like Lando above) is saying it's good and others are saying it's not. I assume it depends on the stick/controller used, much like last gen.

True, in terms of feel, I agree. You would have to eliminate all variables and ensure that you are experiencing it the exact same way. And I think that one's who are finding issues with it are genuinely disappointed. They were looking forward to it with joyful anticipation. I dont see any fraudulent/hidden motive in them bashing this port.

But things like invisible sonic booms (which actually makes sense lol), teleporting Juri, and Decapre nerfs are plain enough for even the untrained eye to see.

Kaleinc

Banned
At this point it would be easier, faster, cheaper to let another team who know what they are doing handle the port from scratch.

L2P

Neo Member
Thing is, some FGC people (like Lando above) are saying it's good and others are saying it's not. I assume it depends on the stick/controller used, much like last gen.

just to completely transparent... i only played training mode, and then 30 matches online of mostly Blanka and a few with Guile, Boxer, Dictator... I had latency issues but nothing that much different that PS3 Online.

Only new bug i saw was issues with the names of users and some wierd bug on the portrait near the HP bar where it had like a random users name "LightningBlade21" or something.

As far as actual gameplay... didnt notice anything different. Now ive seen the videos of juri and the sound glitches and stuff but i PERSONALLY didnt experience those. I wonder how wide spread those glitches are and I hope they get patched. But i dont think it has 8-10 frames of lag. I wasnt even playing on my ASUS and i was getting blanka shorts WITHOUT plinking. Im curious on what the pros are saying.

edit - Also on madcats PS4 TE

nikos

Hey, there is at least a pc version which is great!
But this is really bad, hopefully they will this version.
At least you don't need a powerful pc for it and the mods are fantastic!

The mods are one of the reasons why I don't play on PC anymore. You don't know what's happening on the other end. What type of controls/mods/macros etc. people are using. Unless the game isn't exploitable anymore.

That being said, I'm tempted to pick up USFIV on PC now that I've sold my 360 and am stuck with the PS4 version.

FiggyCal

Banned
just to completely transparent... i only played training mode, and then 30 matches online of mostly Blanka and a few with Guile, Boxer, Dictator... I had latency issues but nothing that much different that PS3 Online.

Only new bug i saw was issues with the names of users and some wierd bug on the portrait near the HP bar where it had like a random users name "LightningBlade21" or something.

As far as actual gameplay... didnt notice anything different. Now ive seen the videos of juri and the sound glitches and stuff but i PERSONALLY didnt experience those. I wonder how wide spread those glitches are and I hope they get patched. But i dont think it has 8-10 frames of lag. I wasnt even playing on my ASUS and i was getting blanka shorts WITHOUT plinking. Im curious on what the pros are saying.

edit - Also on madcats PS4 TE

8 frames of lag would be extremely obvious, I would think. Maybe it's not an accurate measure.

8 frames of lag would be extremely obvious, I would think. Maybe it's not an accurate measure.
I'm pretty skeptical of any input lag measure at the moment. Like many said the PS3 stick driver could be causing more lag as well, while PS4 sticks may have no different in input lag compared to arcade version.

L2P

Neo Member
What does plinking mean in this context?

im getting 1 frame shorts and not cheating by plinking which makes it 2 frames... essentially saying im able to get the hardest combo in so called 10 frame lag on a non asus monitor... I have never been known for my execution lol

but considering im the only one in the world saying this... i would like to get a professional players true perspective and not the angry mobs..

im getting 1 frame shorts and not cheating by plinking which makes it 2 frames... essentially saying im able to get the hardest combo in so called 10 frame lag on a non asus monitor... I have never been known for my execution lol

but considering im the only one in the world saying this... i would like to get a professional players true perspective and not the angry mobs..

Didn't art say it was bad?

Im coming from 360 and dont feel any difference myself, not saying there is or isnt, just that I dont notice it.

Lol at calling plinking cheating.

Top Bottom