• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

ScOULaris

So is the white balance/oversaturated color issue fixed too? I can't tell from the screenshots as it might look different on my TV.

It looks like it may have been, though. They didn't mention it in the update notes.

FireSol

I think the only thing left is touchpad, my hrap v4 doest have one, and i didnt find how to relocate buttons for it to see buttons in challenges

they should've worked on the input lag to make it better than x360 maybe next update

Yeah. I can see why they wanted to match 360 since that's the tournament standard and what most people are used to, but now that it's clear the PS4 version won't be used at tourneys or Pro Tour events, then by all means make it as lag-free as possible.

Jomjom

Banned
they should've worked on the input lag to make it better than x360 maybe next update

I think at this point they only want to make the lag exactly the same as the 360 version because the tourney players are used to that already. Making the input lag lower would throw off their timing I would think.

Yeah. I can see why they wanted to match 360 since that's the tournament standard and what most people are used to, but now that it's clear the PS4 version won't be used at tourneys or Pro Tour events, then by all means make it as lag-free as possible.

I don't think they said they'll never use it at tourneys and events right? Eventually, likely after EVO, they will introduce it into tourneys?

Guymelef

JQnC4by.jpg

Other "big" companies should to learn a lot from Other Ocean.
Fantastic.

Onemic

Theyre still gonna switch to PS4 for premier events, it'll just be after EVO.

While they did fuck it up to begin with, they at least owned up to it & fixed what seems to be everything.

You can't really say whether or not they are to blame for the original bad port. Unless we find out that another group came in and fixed the port, all of this stuff was fixed relatively quickly, which begs the question of whether or not they already knew about all the problems that existed and how to fix them, but were forced to release it when Capcom wanted.

But then again, it really could just have been on them.

Edit: Also guys, Street Fighter x Tekken has different costumes than USFIV, so they are not all in there (Cody's cop uniform for example)

yazanov

Banned
I'm pleasantly surprised that they managed to fix the problems so quickly. Props to them, even though they shouldn't have released the game initially in that state.

Yaqoub

I'm having trouble with diagonals registering on my TE2. This isn't really an issue in other fighting games, curious if others with a TE2 getting the same?

Coda

Remember when people freaked out when USFIV first came out on PS4. I mean yeah it was bad but you know it'd all be patched in later. Luckily this time we didn't have a SFxT patch situation

Skilletor

Remember when people freaked out when USFIV first came out on PS4. I mean yeah it was bad but you know it'd all be patched in later. Luckily this time we didn't have a SFxT patch situation

Doesn't help me at all since I'm a competitive player going to EVO and this means I have to carry two sticks. It's great that it's patched later, sure, but it shouldn't have launched the way it did, and it has caused issues when planning for travel.

I really don't see why we should be congratulating a company for fixing a product they shipped broken.

kitzkozan

well, just in time for EVO.

oh wait... Too bad. Timing could have worked haha

I'm guessing it will be the official version for all upcoming Capcom pro tour event after EVO, and also be used at EVO 2016. :p No matter how big SFV will be, I'm sure a game with over 2000+ players for this year EVO will at least keep half of them for next year.

Doesn't help me at all since I'm a competitive player going to EVO and this means I have to carry two sticks. It's great that it's patched later, sure, but it shouldn't have launched the way it did, and it has caused issues when planning for travel.

I really don't see why we should be congratulating a company for fixing a product they shipped broken.
I doubt they are the ones who decided to ship it in this state. In the end they delivered a pretty damn good port, which they could have done in the first place if they were given more time by Sony.

FranXico

Other "big" companies should to learn a lot from Other Ocean.
Fantastic.

Screwing up at launch the way they did, I would really not call their delivery of this game "fantastic".

They did manage to fix it, but this mentality of "oh, we'll just release it like this, then patch it after launch" of this last couple of years is getting frustrating. And yes, Sony is primarily to blame for this.

thatJohann

I think it's more appreciation than congratulating. Other companies might have left it broken. These folks have been pushing out updates. They messed up but I see this as an apology of sorts making sure it's up to snuff. Just my two cents.

vg260

Yep. They have been making things right, but it's what they should have done.

I am glad though that they seem to have acknowledged and fixed a lot of the visual shortcomings that a lot of people here dismissed earlier as nitpicking. They could have done the same at this point.

I doubt they are the ones who decided to ship it in this state. In the end they delivered a pretty damn good port, which they could have done in the first place if they were given more time by Sony.

We don't know if they had enough time or not.

Skilletor

Yeah, I'm glad it's fixed, but the logistics of who did what and why don't matter much to me as the end consumer. All parties involved deserve blame.

Stockholm Syndrome abound in this thread. You're seriously applauding a company for fixing a game that they sold to you as shit, knowing it was shit?

You shouldn't be rewarded for doing what's expected of you.

HykCraft

Neo Member
Stockholm Syndrome abound in this thread. You're seriously applauding a company for fixing a game that they sold to you as shit, knowing it was shit?

That's the norm these days.

Most people don't even care anymore.

The last few years.. all games have come out unfinished. Not surprised. To be expected.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Have you been living under a rock? When is the last time a game has been released completed with no bugs on release day? I'm glad they fix the game because I can honestly say that 70% of my PS3 Collection were not completely fixed or fixed at all and yes games should release in working condition but it's a fools dre to hope for such thing now.

Guymelef

What reward?

The thing is simple, when the developer cares on fixing his product is time for me to buy the game.
Better time to buy USFIV than The Witcher 3 for example.

Skilletor

Have you been living under a rock? When is the last time a game has been released completed with no bugs on release day? I'm glad they fix the game because I can honestly say that 70% of my PS3 Collection were not completely fixed or fixed at all and yes games should release in working condition but it's a fools dre to hope for such thing now.

What a sad state of affairs when somebody is a fool for expecting a game to work.

HykCraft

Neo Member
What a sad state of affairs when somebody is a fool for expecting a game to work.

He didn't call him a fool...

He said it's "a fool's dream" to think a game would be released unbroken.

Have you never heard of the expression "a fool's dream"? Look it up.

Sounds like released a month too early, but glad it's fixed.

So does this have all the latest costume packs?

I already have the game on PC but would like to also play it on my PS4 and if it has the costumes packs, I'll just get it.

Loudninja

Its fixed now that's all that matters no point on dwelling on what they should or shouldn't have done.

It happened they got bash, they fixed it, the end.

Top Bottom