• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

I'd love Vanquish 2 as well, hell even if SEGA own it they could always pull a Demon to Dark Souls, it worked wonders for FROM.

Call it Extinguish or Carquish or something.

mikefizzled

Neo Member
He know Itsuno is going to be attending E3, and DMC4SE comes out immediately after E3.
There was also this tweet by Playstation UK: https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/607895059355148288

There have also been leaked suggestions by insiders on GAF that a DMC5 is in the works.

Nothing firm, but there are hints.

To be fair they are just tweet out memorable announcements over the years. They tweeted about the PSP announcement in '03 under the same style but I doubt a new Vita is being announced.

Gbraga

Capcpom has to be really stupid to have Itsuno make a remaster and then outsource DMC5 to Platinum.

I fucking love Platinum with all my heart, but they don't need Platinum to make DMC, it's better off in the hands of Itsuno.

Stop underestimating the man, guys. I wouldn't want Kamiya directing DMC5 over Itsuno, let alone whoever they would have doing this now that Kamiya is busy with Scalebound.

Cowboy Bebop.

woah

Honestly, if it's a sequel to anything existent, I'll be dissapointed. I love them when they're being original.
(Rising 2 would be the greatest dissapointment. Yeah, I said it.)

Who said it'd be a vehicle shooter tho

ibnFJ4CBIukSaD.gif
I'd be all over that. But I'd prefer something other than Fox in that type of game.

I'm gonna guess downloadable title. I mean how would IGN get the exclusive gameplay scoop if it was a major retail title? Surely that would be shown off at someone's press conference?

As much as I don't think it's related to Nintendo the fact that Wonderful 101 and Devil's Third were shown on IGN after their press conference and this is going to happen on a Tuesday makes me think there is a small possibility. Especially if the game is very gory.

ArjanN

Revengeance 2 please.

Or Bayonetta 3. Or Vanquish 2

just no more Nintendo exclusives, thx, ideally nothing exclusive ever again

I bet its something licensed, just not Korra. If it was big or exclusive for any platform it would be at a conference.

There's bound to be a normal reveal trailer at a conference beforehand. I'm guessing the IGN thing is just a longer gameplay demo.

They could be better than any fights in DMC or Bayonetta. That doesn't mean there should be a borefest price of admission.

Well in a perfect world they would've had more time than they did to scrape a game together from the remains of Konami's ineptitude. Small miracle it came out as good as it did.

Alternate Reply: "Borefest" he says. Spoilers in vid.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
To be fair they are just tweet out memorable announcements over the years. They tweeted about the PSP announcement in '03 under the same style but I doubt a new Vita is being announced.

Yeah, it's definitely not the most solid of footing. These are just the things we've noticed recently.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I can pretty safely say I will buy this game whatever it ends up being regardless of the platform. These guys just can do no wrong for me recently.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Tune into IGN at 3pm PT (6pm EST/10pm GMT) on Tuesday, June 16 for an extended look at gameplay from a new game from the Japanese studio that brought us Viewtiful Joe and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

That means it won't be revealed by IGN, the game announcement will be at one of the conferences.

The fact that it's on late Tuesday makes me think it's Nintendo.

I'm in the "not a huge Platinum fan" crowd, but Vanquish 2 or MGR2 could get me excited. I guess an anime or manga game that isn't a pile of snooze
shit
like Korra might be interesting too.

Mechazawa

Metal Gear was for all intents and purposes a rush job. W101 was a different team to MGR, and Anarchy reigns, reigns is a multiplayer brawler, so I imagine it didn't have have as much content as say a game like Bayonetta would have.

As far as can tell them have 2 large teams and at least one smaller one (the team the produced Legend of Korra), so far in this generation they haven't exactly been churning out games outside of the usual alternating teams system.
Anarchy Reigns would have required a significantly larger team than what something like Korra would have needed.

Anyways, game development is fluid. What they show next week isn't necessarily going to be something they release this year and might even be the result of just a pre-production environment, which would not need a development team that was at peak capacity.

.la1n

Rising 2? No way in hell Konami would sanction that unless it was already too far into production for them to fuck with it.

Sterok

Wow Nintendo, that is not cool of you to steal MGR2. Not cool at all.

Maybe Sony will finally get its own Platinum exclusive. Might as well share the love as everyone chases after the next big bomb.

Lulubop

Capcpom has to be really stupid to have Itsuno make a remaster and then outsource DMC5 to Platinum.

I fucking love Platinum with all my heart, but they don't need Platinum to make DMC, it's better off in the hands of Itsuno.

Stop underestimating the man, guys. I wouldn't want Kamiya directing DMC5 over Itsuno, let alone whoever they would have doing this now that Kamiya is busy with Scalebound.

woah

Seriously, what the fuck? Also the clover, Capcom fallout. Why are you hyping this shit dahdomb?

Top Bottom