• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer trailer [Arne Says 30 FPS, Also Answers Lots Of Questions]

KingDizzi said:
Arne this is going off topic but are you adding an optional install into this game? The load times for Uncharted 2 were simply horrible and the same for the first game, people seem to love that there is no install but I hate it. Got a 500GB HDD to use and would like shorter load times, that and the PS3 starts sounding like a jet plane playing the game. Another was that live sync shit, only had the game for a few weeks but even in that short time waiting for that data sync to complete was horrific, that surely has to change for UC3.

I'm assuming you're talking about the MP? I didn't play it much so I can't comment on that but the load time for the SP was great.

sleepykyo

pharmboy044 said:
I think Sony needs to move away from KB even though I loved the new Socom KB commercial. They need to come up with a new marketing strategy for this Fall.
I am going to agree with this. Even the really popular ?got milk?? commercials got some time off and they came with the white gold campaign .

arne

Loudninja said:
Just to confirmed something you can still pick up weapons on the map, not the ones enemies drop or players I mean just laying around?

Right now, the starting type weapons aren't available for pickup on the map by default. Only dropped weapons (and their mods) from kills are available. Power-type weapons are available.

Take with a grain of salt - that's what we showed at the event and where we are at now. We may or may not change that over time.

jett

D-Member
arne said:
Right now, the starting type weapons aren't available for pickup on the map by default. Only dropped weapons (and their mods) from kills are available. Power-type weapons are available.

Take with a grain of salt - that's what we showed at the event and where we are at now. We may or may not change that over time.

uhh what happens when you run out of ammo then

reKon

Banned
I would love a gun game mode in this. I know it has history with Counter-Strike which is an FPS, but it should still easily transition well in this game if the spawning is set up properly or if there are maps designed about this mode. It would also be the first ever for a third person shooter, right?

The only reason I'm mentioning this is that it's one of the best game modes out of any game I've ever played. It's simple, yet addictive and forces you to obtain mastery with all the weapons of the game if you want to win.

Loudninja

arne said:

Ok thanks for the response. :)

BobTheFork said:
Holy mother of fuck that looks like fun. It reminds me of the Unreal Tournament Assault levels. You fought and jumped between trains speeding next to each other.

Yes that's it. I kept thinking this reminded me of a level in another game.

Gonna be so fun. Glad to hear weapon pickups are still in. It would be really lame if there weren't any sprinkled around the map.

oh and also lolSkrillex, ear cancer

arne

jett said:
uhh what happens when you run out of ammo then

you... run out of ammo?
really haven't had any issues with not having ammo during matches.

again, this is where it is RIGHT NOW, in the middle of development, and what we showed at the MP event.

Loudninja said:
Kotaku lol.

they weren't wrong, they didn't specify what types of weapons would be available for pick-ups. On the Airstrip and Chateau maps, it was basically a grenade launcher and a sniper rifle that were available as pickups. There's a pistol on Chateau too. and my memory fails me beyond that at the moment.

NateDrake

Will the game follow suit with no mandatory installation like the first two? I know it's off topic but I sure hope it does and any idea how much of the bluray disc UC3 is taking up so far? KZ3 used something like 40GB....

Loudninja

arne said:
you... run out of ammo?

again, this is where it is RIGHT NOW, in the middle of development, and what we showed at the MP event.

they weren't wrong, they didn't specify what types of weapons would be available for pick-ups. On the Airstrip and Chateau maps, it was basically a grenade launcher and a sniper rifle that were available as pickups. There's a pistol on Chateau too. and my memory fails me beyond that at the moment.

Oh ok than thanks :)

jett

D-Member
arne said:
you... run out of ammo?

I pick up ammo constantly in U2MP...beta will be interesting, if I have a functioning PS3 by then.

Go_Ly_Dow

NateDrake said:
Will the game follow suit with no mandatory installation like the first two? I know it's off topic but I sure hope it does and any idea how much of the bluray disc UC3 is taking up so far? KZ3 used something like 40GB....

Uncharted 1 was 21GB and 2 was 24GB IIRC.

We have no clue for 3 but it will probably be around the same if not a few GB's more (unless the 3D will mean double the cutscenes or something).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
arne said:
you... run out of ammo?
I do run out of ammo very quickly in UC2...but that's because I'm a pistol-only user. I'm fortunate enough that the people I kill sometimes drop their pistol so I can get additional ammo, but when that doesn't happen I move around the map to locate where the pistols pick ups are. And even disregarding the pistol, I see a lot of people picking up extra ammo from the weapon pick ups scattered throughout the map.

thuway said:
Please don't burn me at the stake GAF, but...

Does this seem like a visual downgrade from UC2?

I think because it's multiplayer. but I'm prepared if even the SP end up a visual downgrade compared to U2 (at least in some category). they're adding 3D, that can't be cheap. some compromises will probably be made somewhere, although ND will do their best to hide it so we don't notice.

Callibretto said:
I think because it's multiplayer. but I'm prepared if even the SP end up a visual downgrade compared to U2 (at least in some category). they're adding 3D, that can't be cheap. some compromises will probably be made somewhere, although ND will do their best to hide it so we don't notice.

I don't think there will be a downgrade when playing 2D. It'll probably look just as good if not better.

Jarmel

Banned
My question to arne is whether ND has done anything to improve the netcode and whatnot. Uncharted 2 is the only online game I've ever had a serious problem in regards to lag and it seems some other people had a similar issue. Also do you freeze in place like in U2 when you lag?

rekameohs

Banned
thuway said:
Does this seem like a visual downgrade from UC2?
The clips from the early early build with the Chateau look incredible and even a slight improvement that UC2, so I'm sure we have nothing to worry about for the SP. For multi, visuals don't mean much to me, but damn did that truck explosion look good.

i just started up UC2 again today and man the graphics still amaze me. they're incredible, especially on a big LED tv. can't wait for UC3 :D

Rainier

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Drake's on a Plane. Count on it.

Imagine: Drake is captured and they are transporting him and other stuff to wherever it is they're going. The plane starts taking fire because they're flying through hostile airspace or something -- during the explosions, turbulence and things flying about, Drake breaks free and punches/kicks/shoots his way around the plane.

He needs to bail out but as he's about to jump, a badguy tackles him, jacks his parachute and jumps out laughing. Since all the chutes are gone Drake dives out after him, navigating debris from the plane and maybe even shooting some other falling badguys, finally you reach the chute-dude and get in a fist-fight at 20,000ft. You have to beat his ass, take the chute back and pull the cord before you're a pancake.

That'd be neat.
You mean kinda like this?

mr_nothin

Banned
I cant wait for this! HYPE
29qbn1sjpg.gif

btkadams

i think i'm not gonna watch gameplay vids/look at screens of this game. this is actually like the first time i'll be doing this ever haha. i just want uncharted 3 to be special when i first play it.

Kinan

btkadams said:
i think i'm not gonna watch gameplay vids/look at screens of this game. this is actually like the first time i'll be doing this ever haha. i just want uncharted 3 to be special when i first play it.

I'm actually considering skipping the beta altogether to keep the MP fresh. I left all my steam in U2 beta and as a result almost didnt play in MP after the release. :p

Oh, who am I kidding, i will not be able to resist. :(

-viper-

Banned
Callibretto said:
Compare U2 MP to U3 MP.

U2 looks better. The trailer graphics look crap.

Salz01

I for one, love my 3D movies and games that are made for 3D. But if it makes UC3 any less appealing visually in any way than from the 2 one, I kind of vote to have it taken out. I keep playing the 2 and 1st one, and dont really need it in the series. I guess, I'll hold final judgement till the E3 story trailer. But all the talk of making 'sacrifices' to get 3D working in the game, has me worried.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Last night I was replaying U2 for Nth time and i realized i realy wanted to do pump in single player:D

shagg_187 said:
You still didn't answer me question i.e. how much of a gap is needed for powerplay to kick in... :(

:(

lol.
My guess is that a match will end either with a power play or with the sudden death stuff. Nothing in between. The point being to make sure that every match ends with a climax of some sort.

As for the specific power play that's activated, that probably depends on how big the gap is.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
shagg_187 said:
You still didn't answer me question i.e. how much of a gap is needed for powerplay to kick in... :(

lol.
ND should troll and allow them to happen as soon as either team gets a lead at the start of the match. Also make them unlimited. So like one team gets one, get the lead, then the other team gets one, gets the lead etc. They could make them stack too. Just do it for like one day of the beta so people freak the fuck out.

daffy

Banned
Stallion Free said:
ND should troll and allow them to happen as soon as either team gets a lead at the start of the match. Also make them unlimited. So like one team gets one, get the lead, then the other team gets one, gets the lead etc. They could make them stack too. Just do it for like one day of the beta so people freak the fuck out.
w...wh....why would you post this??

arne

shagg_187 said:
You still didn't answer me question i.e. how much of a gap is needed for powerplay to kick in... :(.

That's still being tweaked as part of development. Let's circle back when you get to experience it.

Mooreberg

I'm in favor of the proposed loadout method instead of weapons spawning at different places in the map. That method feels very outdated and leads to teammates flipping out on each other when somebody has the audacity to pick up a particular weapon. Getting my shields lowered by teammates every time I picked up a sniper rifle in Halo Reach was abysmal.

Clott

arne said:
That's still being tweaked as part of development. Let's circle back when you get to experience it.

Do you want to keep working on uncharted? or do you want to do something fresh? I hope you guy's create a new world after U3, all good things come to an end, right?

pharmboy044 said:
I think Sony needs to move away from KB even though I loved the new Socom KB commercial. They need to come up with a new marketing strategy for this Fall.
That's crazy. IT took them 4 years to find a marketing line that wasn't horrible. They need to retain Butler, or at least keep him on ice until the PS4 launch. Another 5 years of Butler commercials still beats the crying baby ads.

reKon

Banned
60-90 second trailers of Uncharted 3 should be playing in movie theaters in the previews before the big blockbuster films.

Expensive but effective?

Cyborg

Guys :)

This is ND.....lets wait and see. They delivered on UC 1, 2 and the will do the same for UC 3. Stop asking lame questions.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mooreberg said:
I'm in favor of the proposed loadout method instead of weapons spawning at different places in the map. That method feels very outdated and leads to teammates flipping out on each other when somebody has the audacity to pick up a particular weapon. Getting my shields lowered by teammates every time I picked up a sniper rifle in Halo Reach was abysmal.

that's how it looks to be set up
New and improved customization features give players a variety of options to create their own unique play style, including four load out slots allowing players to pick among starting long gun and sidearm options, two upgradable booster slots, one paid booster slot, and weapon modifications allowing for thousands of combinations. Player characters are also completely customizable through hundreds of mix-and-match items, while customizable character emblems represent players throughout online play.

We don't know if the power weapons are on the map or only kickbacks.

Top Bottom