• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer trailer [Arne Says 30 FPS, Also Answers Lots Of Questions]

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mooreberg said:
I'm in favor of the proposed loadout method instead of weapons spawning at different places in the map. That method feels very outdated and leads to teammates flipping out on each other when somebody has the audacity to pick up a particular weapon. Getting my shields lowered by teammates every time I picked up a sniper rifle in Halo Reach was abysmal.
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I don't feel like it's outdated at all. I strongly believe that weapon pick ups make things more interesting and more fair because everyone starts with the same set of weapons. It's a fair game from the very beginning and you have the option to pick up additional weapons/ammo wherever they are in the map. Not only does this lead to exploration of the maps, but it makes you learn the maps. I can see new players being annoyed because they don't know where all the weapons are, but that's easily fixed in a couple of matches and even if you don't get the general concept of where everything is, there's always cinema mode where you can explore the map at your whim by yourself. I honestly have never had any of my team mates complain because I pick up a power weapon like the RPG or a Sniper Rifle in my whole time playing Uncharted 2. Yes, there's some risk in trying to get them, but since it's a third person shooter, you have the ability to always check your surroundings at all times (thanks to the camera), making it less of a risk and more of a strategic attempt.

I would like load-outs and pick-ups.

Load-outs are what you spawn with and you can customize them to your heart's content; the pick-ups are there for ammo when you need it and to change weapons if you have to. The pick-up weapons are the default models/stats, custom ones could be picked up from enemies.

Power weapons would be pick-up and kickback only. No spawning with a Hammer/RPG.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lets say there's 3 "standard" long guns and 3 "standard" sidearms. Each of these can be customized and they're part of your initial loadout. When you need ammo, you can pick it up from any like base weapon, no matter how you have customized your weapon. Power weapons (RPG, sniper, launcher) can be picked up on the map (hopefully with rotating spawn locations). Hopefully kickback weapons are single shots.

TripOpt55

Yeah I liked the weapon pickups because it felt like you were always on even ground (save a couple of boosters) with other players. It felt like the people who did better were because they were better at the game. I would worry that maybe an upgraded starting gun or the upgraded boosters would make having put more time in give you a bigger advantage than in the Uncharted 2. But I am open to seeing how it goes. I mean if it is balanced right I think it will be fine. And upgrading stuff sounds fun.

So, I haven't read everything from this thread, but will power weapons be able to be picked up on the map? Also, do we have an idea of how many weapons will be available as starting ones for pistols and rifles?

Yeef

Rewrite said:
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I don't feel like it's outdated at all. I strongly believe that weapon pick ups make things more interesting and more fair because everyone starts with the same set of weapons. It's a fair game from the very beginning and you have the option to pick up additional weapons/ammo wherever they are in the map. Not only does this lead to exploration of the maps, but it makes you learn the maps. I can see new players being annoyed because they don't know where all the weapons are, but that's easily fixed in a couple of matches and even if you don't get the general concept of where everything is, there's always cinema mode where you can explore the map at your whim by yourself. I honestly have never had any of my team mates complain because I pick up a power weapon like the RPG or a Sniper Rifle in my whole time playing Uncharted 2. Yes, there's some risk in trying to get them, but since it's a third person shooter, you have the ability to always check your surroundings at all times (thanks to the camera), making it less of a risk and more of a strategic attempt.
I agree completely. Weapon spawns add more of a strategic element to the game, especially at the beginning of a match. When playing games with GAF in Uncharted 2 I'd generally rush the most powerful weapon on the map. most of the time I didn't even want the weapon more than I wanted to deny it to the enemy. Since you only drop your active weapon I'd always switch to the pistol immediately after picking up a power weapon at the start of the match. That way if I get killed at least I've denied the other team the ability to get something like the grenade launcher. Most of U2 GAF is good enough with the AK and pistol that it'd give us a slight advantage.

arne said:
Want to repeat it? I probably just missed it. I'll go back through the thread in a second as well.

Still waiting for the answer to my question, hopefully third time is the charm.

My question is whether you can still shoulder switch with L3 while aiming.

French

Banned
RyanardoDaVinci said:
^^^
I would guess they have moved shoulder-switching to R3 and put sprinting on L3.

And if they haven't done that... they should. :p

Or maybe you can't run while you're aiming and shoulder-switching is still L3.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
^^^
I would guess they have moved shoulder-switching to R3 and put sprinting on L3.

And if they haven't done that... they should. :p

At this point I'm just trying to get a yes or no confirmation from arne on shoulder switching while aiming, sprint they can put on either L3 or R3, it doesn't matter to me much.

didn't see them posted. lock if old.

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0002.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0003.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0004.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0005.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0006.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0007.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0008.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0009.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0010.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0011.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0012.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0013.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0014.jpg

image_uncharted_3_drake_s_deception-15402-2182_0015.jpg

Kinan

btw, why noone is talking about the new hero?

25ula1d.jpg

He is much better to see at the end of the trailer together with Drake and Sully.

Somehow I've expected a new guy to be an arabian due to the setting, but ND is more creative than I am. :)

Or is he not new and I've succesfully dodged this info until now?

Kinan said:
btw, why noone is talking about the new hero?

[IG]http://i56.tinypic.com/25ula1d.jpg[/IMG]

He is much better to see at the end of the trailer together with Drake and Sully.

Somehow I've expected a new guy to be an arabian due to the setting, but ND is more creative than I am. :)

Or is he not new and I've succesfully dodged this info until now?

looks like a new character, first time we see him.

magicaltrevor said:
Sprinting could be on the circle button as well, right?

Hold to sprint, press once to go into cover. Two actions, one button. Easy!

It couldn't because circle is for cover and dodge roll.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
I would like load-outs and pick-ups.

Load-outs are what you spawn with and you can customize them to your heart's content; the pick-ups are there for ammo when you need it and to change weapons if you have to. The pick-up weapons are the default models/stats, custom ones could be picked up from enemies.

Power weapons would be pick-up and kickback only. No spawning with a Hammer/RPG.

I agree and this is also what I am expecting to happen. I think having the option to customize your load-out before a match is great. And if ND is looking for any suggestions as far as weapon selection goes, may I recommend adding a "Bow & Arrow" to the list? ...that would be awesome.

Darkkn

Game looks technically great, but locations thus far haven't really impressed me compared to UC2:s gorgeous locations. I don't really think that they can top UC2 location wise(Nepal, Himalayas etc.) and it was really the locations and artstyle that made UC2 such a great looking game, but hopefully i'm wrong :)

KJTB

Can't wait for this, holy shit!

...Why would they use a Skrillex song for this game and ruin it with shitty cuts? The music didn't go with the trailer at all :/

A.R.K

Darkkn said:
Game looks technically great, but locations thus far haven't really impressed me compared to UC2:s gorgeous locations. I don't really think that they can top UC2 location wise(Nepal, Himalayas etc.) and it was really the locations and artstyle that made UC2 such a great looking game, but hopefully i'm wrong :)

yeah most likely you will be wrong .. this is ND :)

I would like to see a lot more varied weapon selection this time around

Darkkn said:

Um, they haven't even really shown much (to my knowledge) to begin with so... maybe wait and see?

arne

alr1ghtstart said:
Circle sprint would be terrible.

Here's that link for the trailer with only sound effects. It's a big one (40mbps)
http://www.multiupload.com/WG75PFHTY5

that's not the trailer - that's "b-roll" that is generally supposed to be used to cut over voiceover or interviews by sites that are creating their own video or going out on broadcast.

just fyi. it does have alot/most of the gameplay footage in the trailer though.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Um, they haven't even really shown much (to my knowledge) to begin with so... maybe wait and see?
He did say 'thus far', we'll judge what we see when we see it. Personally I really like the locations so far, but to each their own.

alr1ght

arne said:
that's not the trailer - that's "b-roll" that is generally supposed to be used to cut over voiceover or interviews by sites that are creating their own video or going out on broadcast.

i like to think it's the longer trailer :p

extended zipline
ikGVkE.gif

Had no idea that the beta is public to everybody on 7.5.11 and I2 and PS+ only gives early access!sweet! still getting infamous 2 though(have to get a new PS3 first).

daffy

Banned
zlatko said:
This game makes me so FUCKING excited I get nerd chills just thinking about it.
omg seriously. I was in love with U2 multiplayer for sooooo long, I just think it is the closest to a perfect multiplayer experience that I'll ever want.

We had a divorce on 1.05 if you know what I mean though.

Please, no stupid multiplayer trophies.

It was perfect in U2 with just completing 1 of each mode and then having dedicated MP trophies in the DLC packs.

No biggie, but why the heck didnt they put some sort of zipline handle? sliding down the zipline jus with your bare hand kinda ruins it.

KingK

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Please, no stupid multiplayer trophies.

It was perfect in U2 with just completing 1 of each mode and then having dedicated MP trophies in the DLC packs.

I agree with this.
I'm never good enough (or motivated enough) to get most of the multiplayer trophies in games. The 2 Uncharted games are the only ones where I got the platinum. (Almost got it on Infamous and A Crack in Time too. I'll have to go back and finish those up sometime.)

arne said:

Arne are you going to answer my question? It's a simple yes or no.

rdrr gnr

Just finished watching the new GTTV footage.

Kick-backs look like kill-streaks in disguise. Even if they aren't achieved the same way, they will probably have the same terrible effect -- players will play selfishly to earn them (those associated with selfish actions). I wouldn't mind if k/d wasn't tracked in objective game-types, that way, even kick-back oriented players only benefit as much as the team does as a whole, but that will never happen.

Also, I'm glad they added that grenade cluster-bomb, because grenades were really underpowered in U2.

alr1ght

per GTTV

New mode: "High Stakes" - XP/Level wager deathmatch
Point pop ups right when you kill something (UGH!)
Clusterbomb = basically an airstrike

2RBEU.jpg

Vqkum.jpg

CGayn.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
404 error from that link and I get some Operation Repo type video. lol

Fuck it, I'll just wait until someone YouTube's it later.

Yoboman

Naughty Dog, please fix up the pissy looking bullet trails. It's not a big thing but these long white trails that hang in the air for far too long look weird. Especially when it looks the same from every gun. The gun fire should add to the look of the game not detract from it

Top Bottom