• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 being teased?

Mononoke

Banned
All I'll say is, I hope Uncharted 4's script is a bit more focused and fleshed out. Uncharted 3 just felt extremely lacking in the plot department, and the ending felt rushed and clumsy.

Doesn't matter how great this game looks, Uncharted IS the story. 1 and 2 was a lot of fun, I found 3 to be a chore.

TripOpt55

Regardless of this not being a tease of UC4. I really would expect the Uncharted 3 team to be readying one for say Fall 2014 on PS4. Or there about.

KAL2006

Banned
I love Uncharted. But I'm all charted out.

I would be happy to wait a small while until Uncharted 4 is released. And please, please make the experience closer to Uncharted 2.

Fall 2014 is when I predict Uncharted 4 will be released. That's 3 years after Uncharted 3 releases, and it will have the next gen make over. I doubt people will be Charted out by then.

Sandfox

I'm guessing whatever game they are working on won't be ready until very late 2014 or early 2015. unless it turns out to be a Vita game or something.

NMFried

Inject it into my veins! I consistently love this series, with 2 being it's highest point so far. I liked how 3 didn't feel like the end of a trilogy though, lots of Indy vibes.

Hopefully 4 won't have us finding alien skulls.

yurinka

If it's as good as the previous ones I'll be there day one. I think it would be a good chance to implement the open world Uncharted idea they had for Golden Abbyss.

Fall 2014 is when I predict Uncharted 4 will be released. That's 3 years after Uncharted 3 releases, and it will have the next gen make over. I doubt people will be Charted out by then.

I doubt I'll ever be charted out.

Bring it on, and don't change anything

Mikey Jr.

The thing about Uncharted is that yeah, maybe we're a little Uncharted-out.

But for me, the mp is a big draw. I LOVE LOVE LOVE U3 mp. I think I have 150 hours clocked on it.

I want more Uncharted mp, maybe not so much sp.

Binabik15

I doubt I'll ever be charted out.

Bring it on, and don't change anything

No.

Bring it on, give a real conclusion to 3 unanswered questions and incorporate gyro aiming. Bam, done, now I'll get the headshot trophies even faster.

It's funny, I waited until Christmas to get 3, didn't really care about it, but now I'm back on the Uncharted track.

All four games were good or great
but I doubt I'll replay any UC game as often as I did Drake's Fortune, seven times, I love that game

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - November 19, 2007
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - October 13, 2009
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - November 1, 2011
Uncharted 4: Insert Subtitle - October 1, 2013

Believe

Hope not.

Like Jak and Daxter, just let Uncharted go now.

Start next gen with a new IP to make a franchise out of.

Yes, just let go of one of their best attempts at new IP in a very long time.

I certainly do believe.....that it's going to take more than 2 years to come up with a next gen engine and develop it unless you want a game that looks like Uncharted 3 at 1080p

Card Boy

Banned
Great more resources being wasted on a linear cinematic handholding duck and cover shooter with terrible online. But at least the graphics are good!

StuBurns

Banned
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - November 19, 2007
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - October 13, 2009
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - November 1, 2011
Uncharted 4: Insert Subtitle - October 1, 2013

Believe
Hell no, has to be next year, also, subtitle guess:

Uncharted 4: Nathan's Naiveté

Great more resources being wasted on a linear cinematic handholding duck and cover shooter with terrible online. But at least the graphics are good!

GLEE-MR-SCHUE-ANGRY.gif

Uncharted has suffered some franchise fatigue I'd say late 2014 at best. Don't know if they should start "teasing" it now though.

Amir0x

Banned
I kinda hope there's no Uncharted 4, series has been going downhill since the 2nd game.

It's not really a trend of going downhill when there is only one game developed by Naughty Dog after 2 :p

(I would argue the series represents something larger: a pivotal moment in the overall downhill trend of the gaming industry) ;)

Drek

I'd have to imagine that Sony would be more interested in getting a new IP from the UC3 ND team. They can go back to Uncharted 4 ~24 months after the PS4 launches and pair it with the first price cut.

I'm betting they view Gran Turismo as the backbone early established IP for the PS4 with GG and Sucker Punch! delivering new launch IPs, with Santa Monica and ND doing the same for the first year anniversary holiday season, plus GG's second team putting out Killzone 4 that Holiday.

Then Uncharted 4 at holiday 2015 with a new Media Molecule IP (after they've done Tearaway for Vita this year) and at least one of the SP! or GG launch IPs getting a follow up sequel here as well.

Sony has a well positioned road map with their core teams. This also doesn't include what Evolution will be doing, anything other than GT from Polyphony from SCEJ, and Sony's penchant for grabbing smaller devs to develop exclusive IPs, even pre-existing Sony IPs.

meta4

It's not really a trend of going downhill when there is only one game developed by Naughty Dog after 2 :p

(I would argue the series represents something larger: a pivotal moment in the overall downhill trend of the gaming industry) ;)

That was when Gears and COD happened.

Top Bottom